Status: Initiated - Phase 2

The Girl, With the Horse Tattoo!

The Coming Home:

I can finally see my home, and hasten my steps. I'm curious, and eager to show off, what I had chosen. The image, clearly on my back, covering a rather large part of the rear view.

After but a few minutes, I'm at the door, as I place my right hand on the handle, about to press it, in order to open the door, which's unlocked, naturally. Why wouldn't it, they all know I'm here, right now. Then I happened to through a glance at my hand, it's not changed, what had you expected? What had changed, is my nails. They're not the colour, the exact who of the hooves on the horse. For a moment, I stop, gaping at the revelation. Then I giggle helplessly, as the realisation hit home. Not that it embarrassed me, just the chock, the change had taken place, despite the fact that I knew, it just could not happen.

Then I finally got to it, opening the door. They're all there, waiting for me, Mom, Dad,and my Sister.

As I enter my home, our home, they're waiting for me, in breathless anticipation. As is how it should be, isn't it? They're my family, my kin. They had given me the gift, and it's their right, to be the first to see it.

“Hiya, I'm home!” I greeted.

“Hello” they responded, as one.

There was no point, making a silly deal out of it, so I turned my back, slowly pulling my shirt up, revealing the tattoo, for the curious crowd, my kin.

For a moment, they just stared. Not a word, not a single noise, not as much as a tiny cough. Silence ruling supreme. It's my moment.

That's when it happened. I had not even pulled my shoes off. Then I placed my hands on my hips, spreading my fingers on both sides, both forwards, and towards my rump. There had clearly been the sound of the horse neighing? I just wasn't quite prepared for it?

I had asked, for just the horse, looking curious at who ever looks at my back. That is exactly what this mare is doing. Maybe this is what kept my kin speechless? Maybe I shouldn't be able to see them? Yet, I did see, just what they were looking at. Some would say I saw them, through the eyes of the mare on my back, only I'd say, it's the peripheral view, only in the fashion of a horse, even though I clearly see them, with my very own eyes. Knowing full well, a girl can't see quite that wide a panoramic vista. Simple as that.

Maybe I could sense, what my mare felt, but this is what I see, with my very own eyes. It's not quite as vivid as I'm used to see, not this far out to the sides. I still do sense depth before me, yet, not quite the way I'm used to.

Maybe the shock is out of the surprise? I had not been prepared. I had been given a Tattoo, which this is, it's just more, then I had expected. I'm sure, it's more, then they had hoped for. Yet, I feel they are not disappointed. It's clearly a very Rare Tattoo.

Guess I like what I feel, just as I like, what the Tattoo had turned into, what it had turned me into. It had clearly changed me, into something new, something more, and better, then I could possibly have been. Or, it merely pulled it out of me, into the foreground. Teased it out, into the open? Either way, it is who, and what I am, it is not reversible.

Knowing, I wouldn't want it reversed, not now, after I had felt it. I had seen, what I have seen. This Horse, is a part of me, forever. It's permanent.

“What'd y'a all say?” came over my lips, only in more of the neigh, then you may have expected.

There was a great silence, none said a word. Was there nothing to say, or just not words, with which to express it? Either way, I could clearly feel, their reactions. Maybe, there is no way to put words to it?