Christmas from the Underground

Charlie Scene & Kennedy

Kennedy crossed her arms over her stomach. The chicken was almost done, and she was extremely proud of herself for putting together an entire Christmas dinner for two together by herself. Her mother had usually done it, and she’d merely stood by and watched. This year, it was her turn to shine.

A young man entered the room and handed Kennedy a Mike’s Hard Lemonade. She took it gladly, and she smiled at him.

“How are you holding up?” asked the man, Jordon.

“I’m alright,” sighed Kennedy. She was distant, and Jordon could tell.

“I know it’s your first Christmas away from your family,” said Jordon, “but it’s also our first Christmas together.”

Kennedy nodded and said, “I know, and I’m extremely happy about it. It’s just not what I’m used to, you know?”

Jordon took the Mike’s from her hand and set it on the counter. He put his arms around her waist, and he kissed her forehead. She put an arm around him.

“We’ll make our own traditions,” he said. “It’s Christmas Eve, kitten. There’s still time for plenty of things.”

He chuckled and tugged at the strings on Kennedy’s apron. She smiled and kissed his cheek. He nudged her chin and brought his lips down to her neck. He moved his hands down to her hips, and he caressed the small amount of skin showing between her shirt and her jeans.

The timer rang loudly through the room, and Jordon jumped. Kennedy laughed and kissed his lips.

“That’s our dinner,” she said.

“I suppose I’ll let you finish it up,” Jordon sighed.

“Thanks, Chuck,” said Kennedy, kissing him again.

“Don’t call me that,” said Jordon, walking away. “You know I hate that.”

“Okay, Chuck!” Kennedy called out to him.

She opened the oven, and Jordon was back in an instant. He was practically drooling over the pan as Kennedy pulled the chicken from the oven.

Fuck, that smells amazing,” he said. “What the fuck did you do to it?”

“I made it,” giggled Kennedy. “I made it for you, with love.”

“Ah, love,” said Jordon. “That’s the shit.”

“Oh, really? How do you know?”

“Well...Grams always made her pies with love, and those were fucking great as fuck. Ummm...I love you, and that’s pretty much my favorite activity. When I-”

“What did you say?” Kennedy touched his arm.

“I...I said Grams a-always made her pies...”

Jordon looked up and met her bright, aqua-colored eyes. She smiled at him, and his lips brushed hers. He put his hand on the back of her head and felt her tongue slide against his bottom lip. He pulled away for a second, and she touched his cheek.

“I love you too,” she whispered.

“That’s the...the first time we’ve...the first time we’ve said that,” Jordon said, kissing her in between his words and putting his other hand in the curve of her waist.

“I...I know,” Kennedy replied. “Baby, the...the chicken-”

“Oh, forget the chicken,” Jordon said, pushing Kennedy against the wall. “I love you.”

He moved his hand from her head down to her thigh. He squeezed gently as she moved her hands around his shoulders.

“God, I love you so much,” said Jordon. “I can’t...I can’t stop...saying it - I love you, Kennedy.”

“I know, Jordy,” Kennedy gasped between kisses. “I love you too.”

The doorbell rang, and Jordon sighed. Kennedy kissed him once more and smiled.

“I’ll go get that,” said Jordon, walking away.

“Don’t be gone long!” Kennedy shouted.

There were a few voices, and soon she was rejoined by Jordon, as well as Jorel and Breanne. Breanne held a plate of cookies out to her, and she took them gladly.

“Thank you so much,” said Kennedy.

“So...we’ve got big news,” said Jorel.

“Jor, I was going to tell your family first,” Breanne replied.

“Fuck them,” Jorel said. “This is huge.”

“Okay, well,” Breanne took a deep breath and held up her hand, “we’re engaged!”

“Oh my god!” Kennedy squealed. “That’s amazing! Congratulations!”

Jordon put his arms around Jorel and said, “Congrats, man!”

“Okay, no more touching,” said Jorel, patting him on the back.

Kennedy took Breanne’s hand and examined the sparkling diamonds. She put a hand on her chest and smiled up at Breanne.

“This is absolutely amazing,” said Kennedy. “I am so happy for you.”

“Thanks, love,” giggled Breanne. “I’m still just in awe about it. This is the best Christmas ever.”

“I can imagine,” Kennedy replied.

“We’d better get going,” said Jorel. “The family’s gonna be over soon. We just wanted to come by and tell you the news.”

“Congratulations, guys!” said Kennedy.

“Thank you!” Jorel and Breanne said, beginning to walk away. Breanne turned back and said, “Enjoy the cookies, Ken!”

“I will,” said Kennedy. “Thank you, and merry Christmas!”

“See you at Dylan’s for the New Year’s party!” Jordon called.

The door shut, and they were alone again. Kennedy grinned as Jordon put his hands on her shoulders. He smirked.

“Where were we?” he whispered into her ear.

“We were about to eat,” said Kennedy, “because the food will get cold if we don’t. We can get to that later. I have a present for you anyway.”

“A present?” Jordon chuckled. “For me?”

“Just...for...you,” Kennedy said, poking his nose.

“Well, I’ve got one for you, too,” Jordon replied. “But I guess if we’re waiting, then I can give you mine a little later.”

He nibbled a little on her ear, and she giggled. He put his hands into her back pockets and sighed. She rested her head on his chest.

“Breanne was right,” said Kennedy. “This is the best Christmas ever.”

Jordon kissed the top of her head and said, “It’s my favorite, too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This one's actually a chapter just for me, but it's really for everyone, I guess, since I'm sharing it with all you lovely people.

I hope to have the majority of this done by Christmas day, and I'll be working really hard to get it out there for you guys. It will definitely be done by the end of the month, if not Christmas.