Status: Currently re-writing this. Comments and Recs inspire me to continue! <3

Turn My World Upside Down

The Beginning

I looked over at Jemma, smiling sadly, knowing that I probably wouldn't see her for eight months. She frowned at me and walked over to me, putting her hands on my shoulders and looking me straight in the eyes. I looked up into hers and I knew at the moment I probably looked a wreck. Jemma was my only sister, my only friend, my only family.

“Hey, don't be sad. Listen to me here, okay? I'm just as sad as you right now, but I know that I have to be strong for both of us. I know how hard it's going to be for you, because it's going to be even harder for me. But we can make it through, and you know it.” She said, her face not showing any emotion, but her eyes telling a whole other story.

“I'm just going to miss you so much. We just got back together, and now we are leaving again.” I murmured, trying not to get too emotional.

“No, that's where you're wrong. We aren't leaving each other. We are still together, always. I am so sorry that I left before, leaving you with Mom and Dad. It was selfish and stupid of me-” She said before I cut her off.

“Stop it with that already, it's not your fault, none of it is. You were eleven, what were you supposed to do, stay home and try to take care of me while teaching yourself how to do magic? That's stupid, you did what was right for you, and you couldn't have changed anything that happened to me even if you were home. Please stop blaming yourself, it's killing me!” I said, no longer sad about leaving, but about the fact that Jemma thought it was her fault our parents hurt me.

After a moment or two she nodded her head and smiled saying, “I thought that I was supposed to be the sensible one.”

I smiled, pulling her in for a long hug. I didn't want to let go, and I now know her well enough that she didnt either. After a moment I heard a series of clicks and footsteps. I opened my eyes and pulled back, looking around. My eyes suddenly locked on a short, unattractive man holding a huge camera and taking pictures of my sister and I.

“Kati, whats wrong?” Jemma said, looking at me confused.

“Paparazzi” I said, putting my sunglasses on. I took Jemma's hand and pulled her to the back of the car, followed by Anthony, my bodyguard.

“Uh, Kati, do you want me to do anything about them?” Anthony asked me.

“Them?” I said, turning around and peeking around Anthony's huge frame. “I only see one.”

“If you would look closer you would see four more hiding behind the bushes to your left.” He said, nodding his head over to a large garden, with dozens of thick bushes surrounding it. I looked over to them and after a moment I saw the rest of the sleaze bags crouching behind the bushes snapping pictures.

“No, just make sure I don't do anything stupid, I can't exactly change in front of a bunch of people.” I said, smirking and pulling them to the trunk.

After we unloaded my bags we started to walk into Kings Cross Station. We had almost gotten into the crowded building, but before we could one of the paparazzi and someone who looked like a reporter ran up, followed closely by at least a dozen other people with video camera's, microphones and camera's. We were soon surrounded by the group of people, shouting questions at me.

“Kati, where have you been for the past month?” One tall woman asked, shoving a tape recorder in my face.

“Who is this?” Another asked, gesturing to my sister.

“Kati, you have rescheduled four concerts and countless of other events, what have you been doing?” A man asked, looking at me expectantly.

“You have disappeared!” Another said, looking at me angrily.

Anthony put his hands up, shushing everyone. “I need everyone to back away and let us through.” He said in his demanding voice. It sent cold shivers down my spine.

The group of people knew better than to protest. Anthony was taller than a giraffe and stronger than an ape, he looked it too. They backed up enough that we could squeeze through, but didn't stop rolling the film or taking pictures. We walked through briskly and continued to walk to platform 9 3/4, followed by the reporters. Once we were a few yards away from the column to get onto the Hogwarts express I turned to Anthony.

“We need to lose them” I whispered, gesturing back to the growing number of people following us. The doze reporters had turned into a large crowd of both paparazzi and fans. Jemma's head suddenly shot up, giving away the fact that she had an idea.

“Be ready to bolt.” She said, taking her wand out and smirking at Anthony and I. She murmured a spell and there a trash can behind the crowd of people suddenly caught on fire. Someone screamed, making everyone look at the flames. “Go, go, go!”

We sprinted to the portal, running full force into what looked like a brick wall. I tensed up before we reached the wall, half expecting to crash. Before I could stop myself we had reached the portal, and were now in a much less crowded area. It was obviously still a train station, for there was a huge scarlet train towards the east wall, but it was much less crowded. There were only two dozen people here, all of them wearing matching scarlet uniforms.

“That was brilliant!” I yelled, jumping up and down before hugging my sister. “But the flames won't catch, right?”

“Of course not!” She exclaimed, looking at me trying to be angry, but failing miserably.

I suddenly heard a high pitched squeak. I turned around grinning and saw my owl, Martok. I've had him for four years now, but he has had to live back in my parents house while I was at Jallionsburd. Jallionsburd is a wizarding school in New York City, I used to go there. They don't allow owls there. Martok is the reason I'm now going to Hogwarts. I sent a letter to my sister, even though I had no idea where she was, if she was even alive. But after a week Martok found her.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Jemma apparated to my bedroom in our huge building in New York City an hour after she got the letter. I was luckily in the room at the time. One of the house elves was with me, helping me patch up new gashes, ice the bruises, and stop the bleeding. The moment my sister saw me she started to freak out.

“Oh my gosh! Did they do this to you?” She yelled.

“Who are you?!” I asked, both scared, confused and hopeful all at the same time.

“Oh, of course you don't remember me, you were three the last time we saw each other.” She said sadly. “My name is Jemma. Jemma Dare. I'm your-”

“Sister.” I finished her sentence for her, looking at her, no longer scared, but shocked. I jumped off the bed, running up to her and giving her a bone crushing hug. After we had spent a good twenty minutes catching up there was a knock on the door. My eyes went wide and I pushed her into my closet.

“Where are you, you filthy piece of scum?" I heard someone spat. I turned around and saw that it was Lucius Malfoy. He was holding my wand.

“Give me that.” I said braver than I felt.

His eyebrows flew up to the middle of his forehead and he spat out, “How dare you talk to me like that? I am clearly your superior.”

I took a shaky breath and continued saying, “Just give me the wand and get out.”

“Crucio!” He yelled, a spell shooting out of his own wand and reaching me, causing me to scream out in excruciating pain.

“Get away from her!” My sister screamed,jumping out of the closet and sending out her own spell that blasted him back into the opposite wall. “Stupefy!”

She ran up to me and helped me up. I looked around with a terrified expression written over my face. “What have you done? They're going to find you now!” I yelled.

“I'm not just going to let him use that horrible curse on you, but we have to leave, now!” She said, running into the hall and grabbing my wand. I was just standing there in complete shock. Jemma took my hand and we apparated back to her house.

That night we stayed up for hours. Both trying to clean me up a bit and talking about anything and everything that has happened since she moved out. Five years before, our parents had sent Jemma dozens of owls, forging notes that claim to be written by me. They had been feeding her lies about me. They told her that I was horribly mad at her that she had left, and really just made me into someone that I'm not.

The moment we appeared in her large house she embraced me in a bone crushing hug. “I have missed you so much. I'm so sorry I didn't reply to any of your letters. Every time I read them I got too upset to write back.” She said, already start crying.

“What are you talking about? I only sent you one letter. “ I said, confused.

“No, you sent me hundreds.” She said, digging under her bed. She pulled out a cardboard box, filled with letters pulled together with a rubber band.

They had all been sent by owl, or hand delivered, there wasn't a single stamp on any of them. A good bunch of them were old and worn, while others were anything but. She took the rubber band of and tossed it onto the floor, quickly shuffling through the letters.

“These ones were the first four you sent me, a year and a half after I left. You had just learned how to write.” She said smiling sadly and handing me a worn letter.

I skimmed through the letter, reading it over quickly and moving onto the next. I kept reading faster through dozens of letters, each one pushing me to the next. I wanted to keep going, I wanted to with everything I had, but before I could continue I felt someone's hand fold onto mine.

“Kati, stop! Calm down!” Jemma yelled, looking at me with fear in her eyes. I looked down at the letters that were now sprawled on the bed. “Just take a breath and tell me what's wrong.”

“I didn't write those, I didn't write any of them! They did this! They ruined any chance I had to have a relationship with you! They ruined everything I ever had! Everything but my signing." I said, feeling hot tears roll down my face and remembering everything about my past.

"That's where your wrong! I refuse to let this go on, you are NOT going back there!" she said, putting her hands on my shoulders and looking me deep in the eyes. The look on her face gave me shivers. She was so determined, so protective. It brought me to tears.

"Promise? I can't take it if you turn on me. I just can't. All my life I have beem missing you. All my life I have wanted my big sister back. Promise?" I asked, feeling like I had just given her my already bleeding heart.

"I promise. Forever and Always." She said, smiling through her own tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, first chapter (re-written) out as of now! If you have already read A Single Song, then I hope that this version is much better!

I'm dead serious when I tell you that if I don't get feedback, I might not be able to post new chapters, unless I jump into a manic again. And let's hope that doesn't happen again xD

Comment on your feedback or you'll be jumped (verbally) by a group of sleazy paparazzi asking you odd, personal questions xD