Status: Currently re-writing this. Comments and Recs inspire me to continue! <3

Turn My World Upside Down

Thestrals

I woke up to see five people standing around me. The one with red hair was sitting next to me still, trying to wake me up. The others were all sitting down on the seats looking at me anxiously and murmuring to their neighbors.

There were two girls and three boys, one of the girls had bushy brown hair, the other girl had straight blonde hair. One of the boys had short black hair and the other had the same cut, but brown. The redhead was sitting right next to me leaning over me. I slowly opened my eyes wider and the redhead gasped.

“Blimey, are you okay?” He said as if he was terrified I would say tell him that I wasn't

“I-I think so.” I said trying to sit up. He noticed and put his hand on my back to push me up. “Thanks.”

“You’re sure your okay?” The girl with brown hair asked looking worried.

“Yeah, I'm pretty sure.” I said standing up with the help of the red head.

“That’s good; you scared me, passing out like that. I thought you were dead for a moment.” The redhead said.

“Yeah. That was pretty rough, but Ron didn't tell us what happened. Oh yes, you don’t know who we are, do you?” The black haired boy said.

“Sorry, no. I’m Kati Dean.” I said, waving to the others.

“I’m Ron Weasley.” The redhead said shaking my hand.

“Harry Potter.” The one with the black hair told me.

My eyes widened. This must have been the Harry Potter the death eaters always spoke of. The one Voldemort was to kill. I decided to ignore it, for Harry's sake, but questions still burned in the back of my mind. He gave me an appreciative look, picking up that I recognized him, but decided to forget it.

“I’m Hermione Granger.” The brown haired girl told me, trying to make the moment less weird.

“I am Luna Lovegood.” The blonde one said.

“And I am Neville Longbottom.” The boy with brown hair said.

“Hi.” I said shaking each one of their hands.

“You look familiar; do I know you from somewhere?” Hermione asked me.

I froze for a second. “Um, I don’t know?” I said scared she would find me out.

“Oh, okay then. Maybe I will remember later.” She said, letting it drop.

“So what did happen?” Harry asked.

“Well, Draco... Kind of... He got mad... and..." I said, trying to find the words to tell them. "Well, it's not really that big of a deal."

"Not a big deal?" Ron said, looking at me like I was crazy. "I was surveying the train when I came in here and he had you against the wall! He looked like he was going to kill you!"

“Blimey! That git is going to pay.” Harry said, squeezing his hands into fists.

“No, please don’t, I don’t want any trouble. It is only my first day here and I don’t want to make a bad impression.” I begged.

“I think it is too late for impressions with Malfoy. I’m not sure, but I don’t think he is too fond of you.” He said, causing us all to laugh nervously.

“Maybe you're right, he doesn’t seem very nice in the first place.” I stated.

“So other than the obvious, why did you hate Malfoy so much?” Ron asked me.

I clenched my fists and talked through clenched teeth. "Its a long story. He seems to think that I would fall down at his feet. That is annoying.”

“Ah, yes. Malfoy is quite like that.” Hermione told me.

My head was still pounding and it just seemed to be getting worse. “Gosh, my head hurts.” I whispered to myself, pulling my hand back to it. When I took my hand off it was covered in blood. “Oh, I guess that would be why." I said wiping my hand on the already red carpet.

“Blimey! You're bleeding?” Neville said while Ron turned me around frantically to look at my head.

“I guess so.” I said trying to stand up but when I did I swayed and fell. Before I hit the ground Ron jumped up and caught me. “Whoa. Thank you.” I said while he put me on the seat and sat beside me.

“We have to tell someone!” Hermione said. “Get her to the hospital wing or something!”

“I think I'll be fine until I get there.” I said even though I was still swaying and my side hurt as if something was broken. But what I was really worried about was that my morph would come off in front of everyone and they would find me out before I even made friends with anyone.

You see, I have always had a talent. It's always been in my blood. I am a metamorphosis. I can change my appearance just by thinking it. Its my favorite thing about myself, other than my voice.

“Are you sure?” Ron asked me looking a bit scared.

"Yeah." I said quietly.

After a moment the school came into view. We were all already in our uniforms, so once the train stopped we could get out. Once the train stopped we all stood up. Ron kept his arm locked around my waist, helping me up. One of his fingers brushed against the skin on my waist. A spark traveled from my waist throughout my entire body, giving me a shiver.

I pulled my shirt down after Ron moved his hand. We were both blushing. I looked up at him, biting my lip and smiling a little. He smiled back, blushing.

I looked over to everyone else, seeing them all subtly looking at us. I looked at Hermione, who looked like she was deep in thought. I passed it off, hoping I didn't do anything wrong.

We waited until everyone had gotten off the train before we left. I tried to pick up my Vera Bradley backpack that held my suitcases in it, but Ron smiled at me and slung it over his shoulder.

"Thanks. You look silly with a pink and brown bag, you know." I said, smiling up at him. You could say I was a bit out of it. Everyone left the compartment. Ron kept his arm around my waist and we slowly made our way off the train. Once we got off the scarlet train Ron lifted me into his strong arms.

I squealed and held onto his shoulders, a bit nervous. "What are you doing?" I asked him laughing.

"We were going too slow" He said, implying that this should be absolutely normal.

"Well okay then" I said, relaxing a bit and folding my arms around his neck to make sure I wouldn't slip.

He walked towards the carriages, smiling proudly for some odd reason. When we got there I saw Harry send a smirk to Ron, making him smile wider. Hermione still looked like she was still deep in her own thoughts.

We all climbed onto the carriage, Ron putting his hand on my back and Harry taking my hands to help me up. I sat down next to Harry and Ron sat next to me. Hermione, Neville and Luna sat on the other side. I looked to the front of the carriage and saw a strange red creature.

"What's pulling the carriage?" I asked. I have a strong love for magical animals, so it was weird that I hadn't known what it was.

"Nothing is pulling-" Hermione started to say.

"You see it too?" Harry asked, turning his entire body towards me.

"Yeah. It's weird. I have never seen an animal with that intense of a red shade." I said absentmindedly. They were completely flesh-less, their coats clinging to their skeletons of which every done was visible. Their heads were dragonish, and their pupal-less eyes white and staring. Wings spouted from each wither- vast, leathery wings that looked as though they ought to belong to giant bats. Standing still and quiet in the gloom, the creatures looked eerie and sinister.

"Wait, it's black. What are you talking about?" Harry asked.

"I see it too." Luna said, probably saving us from having an argument.

We all fell silent as the animal started pulling the carriage. It looked at bit like a horse, but its features were sunken inwards and it had skeletal like wings.

After a few minutes of silence my head started to pound more violently. I held my forehead, getting dizzy. Ron and Harry both noticed. Both of them looked at me cautiously. I leaned my head against Harry, trying to get it to stop hurting. I felt his arm wrap around my shoulders, holding me up. I distantly heard the group talking about Hagrid.

Harry suddenly stood up straight, yelling, “Then you have a rubbish sense of humor!”
I moaned at the yelling, leaning forward, but losing my balance. Ron grabbed me and pulled me close to him. I rested on his shoulder, closing my eyes. Hermione must have gotten out of her trance because she warned me that if I fall asleep I might go into a coma. I mumbled something back that was intelligible to even myself.

"We should be there soon." Ron said, a bit colder than he was before.

Ron was right. After a few moments the carriage stopped, jolting us forward. I looked up to see the biggest castle I had ever seen. It was simply amazing. I looked away when I noticed everyone was getting off the carriage. Once we were all out the animal started to walk again, and another carriage pulled up.

I was holding onto Harry at the moment, he had helped me down. I suddenly got really dizzy and started to fall. Before I hit the ground Ron caught me once again.

"You gotta stop doing that." He said jokingly.

I smiled weakly back at him and he picked me up, carrying me bridal style up to the castle. I set my head on his shoulder, feeling like I was going to fall asleep. Hermione looked over to me and her eyes went wide

"Hold it!" She yelled, “What did I say about falling asleep?”

I opened my eyes again, trying to keep them open. I saw Dumbledore walking towards us. He talked to the others, telling them to go to the feast. Ron, Dumbledore and I all hurried to the hospital wing.

When we pushed through the large classic looking double doors I saw a woman who looked to be in her fifties. When she saw me in Ron's arms with the blood on my head and his shirt her eyes widened.

"Oh dear." She exclaimed, running towards us. "What happened?"

"She kind of got into a fight." Ron said slowly, searching for words. "But please, she's about to lose conscience."

"Alright, well. Put her down." The woman called Madam Pomfrey said, gesturing to a hospital bed.

Ron rushed to the hospital bed, putting me down gently. Madam Pomfrey disappeared into a room in the back of the large room. Ron was looking frantically around, obviously worried.

"Ron." I called. He didn't hear me. "Ron!"

"Where is Madam Pomfrey?" He said worrying and still not hearing me.

"Ron!" I yelled, putting my hands on the sides of his face and making him look at me. "It's going to be okay. Thank you for bringing me here. Don't worry! I'm already feeling better." Lie.

I could see his eyes relax. His body did too. He smiled lightly at me. I smiled back, even though it was quite hard to. He stepped closer to me, pulling me in for a hug. It took me by surprise, but I quickly hugged him back. When he pulled away he was smiling even more than before.

"Here, drink this." Madam Pomfrey told me, handing me a large glass. I chugged the thick liquid, even though it tasted worse than poly juice potion.

All of the sudden I became even more tired, and lay down on the hospital bed. Ron looked at me, once again worried. Madam Pomfrey said something that calmed Ron down, but all I heard was murmuring. I closed my eyes, exhausted, and slowly fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm pretty sure I've updates three times in three days. I GOT A SUBSCRIBER!!!! Whoever you are, know that you made my day :) So, hopefully the world doesn't end today... OUR TRANSFORMER BLEW UP AND THE SKY WAS GREEN AND BLUE AND PINK AND yea. It's really cold and windy and stormy outside, so I'm happy. Hope with me that my best friend Heather will let me kidnap her tonight. Sorry for the very long authors note. I love you guys!

Comment or Hermione will find out who you really are and you'll have no real friends! Except for me. I'll always be your friend.