Status: Currently re-writing this. Comments and Recs inspire me to continue! <3

Turn My World Upside Down

The Hospital Wing

Once I finally opened my eyes, I saw Ron. He was sitting on the chair next to the hospital bed, but his torso up was on the side of my the bed and he was snoring quietly. His head was on top of my arm, I didn’t dare move it. I smiled a little. If I think about it he was pretty hot, but he looked so cute, so vulnerable.

I did look around though. The ceiling looked as though it was two stories up, and it probably was. The room was huge, it was almost completely white. There were hospital beds every few yards with curtains around each one, the curtains seemed to be magically floating, but then again, they probably were.

After a moment I noticed that my skin was very pale and I frantically reached for a mirror. I looked at my reflection and saw that I was back to the normal me. A nose that was a bit bigger than I would have liked, long blonde hair, big green eyes, and quite pale skin. My skin is what I hate most about myself. I have more scars than I can count, and if I'm not careful to keep my appearance, they shine through. I quickly morphed into my disguise, changing little things about my appearance.

Even though I have been practicing my entire life it is still kind of hard to master my changes. It's really hard to grow, or shrink and to completely morph into someone else.

I tried to figure out the time so I looked on the nightstand next to the hospital bed. I almost cried when I saw what was there. It was so sweet! Harry, Hermione, Luna and Neville all put little things on the side table. There was a lot of candy, most of it that I had never seen before. America has different brands.

There were chocolates that were called “Chocolate Frogs”. Neville brought those for me. I appreciated the gesture, but who would eat a chocolate frog?

Then there were multiple boxes of “Every Flavor Beans” The notes on them said things like "Hope you feel better," and that Draco was going to pay. Harry and Hermione sent me those.

Luna sent me what she described as her father’s personal recipe fudge. At least some people are normal here. They actually have fudge! I looked at the fudge and decided to eat it later.

There was also a note from Professor Dumbledore. It said this:

Dear Kati,

I am very sorry to hear about the indecent on the train. I arranged for you and Mr. Weasley to have dinner in the Great Hall as soon as you're ready tonight. He stood by you the entire night you know. I’m glad that you have made some friends already; maybe you won’t need your disguise for as long as we thought. If you don’t mind I would like to discuss exactly what happened on the train. After you and Mr. Weasley are done eating would you do me the honor of coming to my office to discuss exactly what happened between you and Mr. Malfoy. I bid you farewell for now, but I will see you tonight.

P.S. - I love Gumdrops.

Albus Dumbledore

I looked around the room a bit shock, we missed the feast? It must be very late.I finally found a clock, it looked just like the muggle ones, but it still works. It reads: 10:00.

“Oh my gosh!” I yelled, suddenly bolting up.

“What? What’s wrong?” Ron said almost falling out of his seat grabbing my arms and looking at me completely panicked.

I shrank again and whimpered in pain. I could still feel the bruises on my arms, Ron's grasp simply made it worse. This just scared Ron even more, but he did drop his arms while he frantically stood up and looked around trying to find the reason for my scare.

I put my hand on Ron’s shoulder, and the second I did he relaxed and looked at me, quite a bit more peaceful than before.

“What exactly just happened?” He asked chuckling.

“Well, if you haven’t noticed it is ten o’clock, we missed dinner, and my arms are now about to fall off!” I said, the pain in my arms not nearly as bad now, but still really sore.

“What?" Ron asked, his eyebrows mashing together.

“No, it's all good, Dumbledore set it up so that we could have the feast when ever we're ready." I said.

“No, no, what’s wrong with your arms?” He said gently taking them and rolling my sleeves up. We both saw the bruises at the same time. I didn’t know they were that bad and he didn’t know they were there at all. My upper arms were completely black and blue, but mostly black.

“Wow, I didn’t know they were that bad…” I said quietly. I was a bit shocked. “He looked strong, but I didn’t think he was that strong”

“What?” Ron roared, making me jump back scared half to death, but that didn’t stop him from screaming. “Malfoy did this?”

“Y-yes…” I said, raising my eyebrows and scooting back from Ron.

“You never told any of us that! All we knew about was your head, we could have fixed this!” Ron kept yelling while he grabbed the part of my shoulders that weren't bruised and shook them. “Kati, we could have gotten rid of all this! That son of a-”

“Ron!” I screamed trying to move my arms, but I couldn’t because of Ron’s grip and the fact that they were hard to move in the first place. “Stop it! Calm down! You're freaking out!"

His eyes widened and the grip on my arms was now just holding me up. “Oh, no. I’m so sorry. I don’t know what I was thinking, are you okay?”

“Yes. Ron, it’s fine. Just calm down, okay?” I said, both of us calming down a bit when I set my hand on his shoulder.

“Oh, but, I’m so, so sorry.” Ron begged me.

“No, really, it’s fine. I’m okay.” I told him.

“No, you’re not, Madam Pomfrey told me before I fell asleep that you’re going to have a scar on your head, and that it's possible that you could have lasting brain damage. Kati, if I got in there before he did anything than you wouldn’t be in here, you wouldn’t have to worry about brain damage. I’m so sorry.” He said looking down.

“No. This is not your fault. Why would you even think that? This is Draco’s fault, not yours. In fact, if it wasn’t for you, this could all be a lot worse. Ron, you’re the one who saved me, how can you blame yourself for something that you couldn’t have stopped even if you wanted to. You saved me, don’t be like this, your bringing me down too!” I said trying to smile at him.

“You’re sure?” He said as if whatever I said could let the world keep revolving.

“Of course, can we just drop it?” I asked him feeling really awkward with the conversation.

“Yeah sorry…” He said blushing. “I get a bit out of it when I’m hungry.”

“Why didn’t you just tell me you were hungry before this? You kind of scared me!” I asked him.

“Mr. Weasley, Miss Da-” She said before I cut her off saying, “Yes, Madam Pomfry. I, Kati Dean should probably stay here for another minute to make sure that I’m alright. Am I correct?”

“Ah, yes. Mrs. Dean, you should.” She said remembering what Dumbledore must have told her about my identity. She briskly walked back into her office to get something.

“What was that all about?” Ron asked.

“I will tell you later, okay?” I told him, blushing.

“Alright then…” He said as Madam Pomfrey came back in.

“Mrs. Dean, could I talk to you for a moment, alone?” Madam Pomfrey asked me looking at Ron.

“Yes, of course. Ron, could you wait out in the hall?” I asked him. “I will be out shortly.”

“Yeah.” Ron murmured walking out.

As soon as he got out of hearing distance, Madam Pomfrey started to talk. “Mrs. Parks, I’m sorry to tell you that you had a concussion and your head is very bloody. The good thing is that the blood on your head is from a cut on your scalp, and your skull has not been fractured. Although you are good to go now, I'm going to need you to come in daily for check ups and medicine to monitor if there is any brain damage. I also dot want you changing into anything but your usual look until the risk of brain damage is gone. So that means you need to tell, or show, everyone that you are Kati Dare. You can stay in disguise for another hour, but after that you need to go back to being Kati Dare.

I nodded and walked out of the room, looking at my feet and wondering if Madame Pomfrey saw me without my shield. That could get ugly.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... I wasn't going to post this for a few days, but I got a wonderful comment form: DarkLighter and made my day :) I hope you like this! Comments, Recommend and Subscribe?

Soooooo... I now have 13 readers and 3 subscribers!!! I love you even though you haven't commented or anything xD Comments and recs always inspire me to keep writing. Thank you all. <3