Status: Completed

When Friends Fall in Love

Secrets

~Marissa's P.O.V.~

I squeezed my eyes more tightly shut against the bright sunlight streaming in through the window. My head was hurting horribly and my muscles were aching. My mouth was dry and my throat was sore. Despite the severity of the hangover I knew I was experiencing, I was only mildly nauseated. This was amazing because I normally couldn't eat for an entire day after drinking the way I had the previous night.

I groaned at the memory of Zacky, Jimmy, Krista, and I downing shot after shot of whiskey. How could I have been so stupid? No one in their right mind would ever challenge members of Avenged Sevenfold to a drinking contest! I guess that proved that I wasn't in my right mind.

Gradually, I realized that I could hear an air conditioner and the faint sounds of a television. I could smell a fragrance that was obviously a cologne for men. My eyes opened involuntarily as I was seized with sudden panic. Had I gone home with a stranger? Or, almost worse to contemplate, had I gone home with one of Brian's band mates?

I sat up and looked around. The room I was in was vaguely familiar. I threw back the blankets and found that I was in an oversized Queen tee and a pair of men's boxer shorts. Relief washed over me and I relaxed. The shirt was Brian's, and if I was wearing his clothes, then I was at his house.

I got to my feet, desperately in need of an aspirin and something to drink. I trudged out of the guest bedroom and down the stairs, into the living room. Brian was stretched out on the sofa, watching "Punk'd."

"Good afternoon, Beautiful!" he greeted cheerfully, moving his legs so I could sit down beside him.

"I feel like shit!" I complained, flopping onto the blissfully soft surface. "How come you're so…conscious?"

"I didn't drink," he replied.

I stared at him, openmouthed. "Who are you and what have you done with the real Brian?"

He chuckled. "Let me rephrase that—I drank, I just didn't get drunk."

"Why not?" I asked.

"I was taking care of you," he said, not looking at me.

I sighed. He had tried to start this argument when we were picking up Krista from work, but I had convinced him to wait until we were alone. I had hoped he would forget about it and let it go. It seemed that I wasn't so lucky.

"I don't need to be taken care of!" I said, annoyed. "I'm a grown woman! God, Bri, I don't need you watching out for me!"

"I think you do," he disputed.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Oh, really? And why do you think that?"

"Have you forgotten your relationship with Tristan?" he demanded. "Or are you being dense on purpose?"

I glared at him. "I knew you'd bring that up. Look, it's over. Why are you still stuck on it?"

"Because you never told me that he put you in the hospital," Brian answered, dark eyes flashing in anger.

"He didn't put me in the hospital," I said. "I just had to go to the emergency room because my dad thought Tristan might have broken my ribs."

"Well I didn't know that, did I?" Brian yelled. "All I knew was that I called you and your mom answered your phone and told me that you were in the hospital! I almost got on a plane and came home because I was so fucking worried about you!"

I felt like crying when I saw him remembering how scared he'd been. "Bri, I'm sorry."

"I wasn't here," he said more calmly. "I wasn't here, and he hurt you. I won't ever let that happen again." He glanced at me curiously. "How come no one knew what was going on?"

"I hid it," I said. "Tristan never messed with my face. Besides, it only happened twice before I left him."

"It shouldn't have happened at all," Brian stated.

I nodded. "I know. And it never will again. Believe me."

He pulled me into his arms, resting his chin on top of my head. "No, it won't. I'll kill anyone who even thinks about hurting you. Promise me that you won't hide things from me anymore, okay? I love you and I'm always on your side. You can tell me anything."

"Okay," I promised. "No more secrets."

He planted a soft kiss on my forehead. "Good. Now, go take a shower. Matt's taking everyone out for lunch."

"All of us?" I couldn't hide my surprise.

"Yep," Brian confirmed.

I gave him a suspicious look. "Does Matt know that he's taking us all out to lunch?"

Brian grinned innocently. "Nope. Not yet."

**********

~Brian's P.O.V.~

I exhaled loudly and let my head fall back against the top of the couch. Marissa would never know just how much I cared for her and she could never imagine how frightened I'd been when I heard that she was in the hospital. I still felt a surge of anger every time I thought about Tristan. If I ever saw that asshole again, nothing would be able to stop me from killing him.

I retrieved my cell from the coffee table in front of the couch and texted Matt: Hey, man. Have you and 'Lena joined the land of the living yet?

A few seconds passed, then my cell buzzed with Matt's response: Barely.

I chuckled. Are you guys up for some lunch?

You buying? Matt sent back.

Fuck no! I replied.

Then Jimmy is officially volunteered to pay the bill. Matt typed in. We'll see you guys at Tony Roma's in an hour.

I was about to close my cell, but my eyes lingered on my wallpaper. Guilt washed over me. I had made Marissa swear not to keep any more secrets when I had a big one of my own. What did that make me? And how would Marissa feel when she found out that I myself had been hiding things, too?
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright. I'll make a deal with y'all. As soon as this chapter hits 5 comments, I'll update again...IF Mibba continues to cooperate. I'm doing this because I know this chapter is pretty short. There was no better way to divide it. Sorry.

Special thanks to:

BeenDownThatRoad: Personal shit explained. :-)
MoMo_92
AJ9
sup.jessay
Shazza Rose
Vixyn Of Shadows

Read, comment, subscribe, and recommend!