Status: I need some motivation. I haven't written a chapter in this story since April. I started Chapter 10, but just barely. GIVE ME MOTIVATION!

On Thin Ice

On Thin Ice: Tongue Tied

A couple days later, Burrows was released from the hospital, and we went home; the first time both of us had been able to in two weeks.

I looked around Burrows’ apartment, feeling more at home here than my own. I sighed, knowing that I had to get back to my own apartment on the third floor.

I sighed, “Alex, I should get downstairs to my flat. My hockey gear could use a wash, and I bet I have a bunch of dishes to clean still.”

Alex looked uncertain, “Are you sure you’ll be alright on your own?”

My mind told me no, but I lied, “Yeah, I’ll be fine. If something happens, you’re just a phone call away.”

He smiled and kissed my forehead, “Alright. I’ll see you in the morning, Hun.”

I smiled and turned away from him. He closed the door behind me. Suddenly, the walk to my flat seemed longer than usual.

When I reached the stairs, the echoing sound of my own footsteps startled me. It was eerie walking these steps so late at night.

I started to run down the steps quicker and once I reached my floor, I fiddled with my keys, unlocked the door, and slammed it behind me. I secured the lock and slid down the thick wooden barrier.

After sitting on my floor for a moment to calm my jitters, I walked into my bed room and laid face down on my bed. It was lonely, and it would take a miracle for me to sleep peacefully. I rolled over and kicked off my shoes onto the floor. I stood up and flipped on my light switch.

I stripped out of my everyday clothes, and dressed in a white t-shirt and Canuck pajama pants that I received from Burrows two years ago.

Once finished, I turned out the lights and crawled underneath my covers, hoping for some sleep. Slowly, my eyes began to droop, and I was fast asleep.

---Dream Cycle----

”Aw, don’t give me such a sour face, Marissa.” Price said as he tightened my restraints to a bed post. “Haven’t I been fair enough to you? Burrows gets to live, I feed you, and bathe you, give you clothes…” He stared down my naked body, “Well, most of the time.”

Price walked next to the side of the bed, tenderly running a finger up my bare abdomen, “at the moment you say no, but I know all the ways to make you scream and moan yes.” He paused as he began pacing his room, “You see, you’re body is familiar with mine, don’t you remember?”

I glare fiercely at him, but refused to speak. My mind did remember how he used to seduce me, and how he pleasured me so many years ago.

“No? Then I guess I’ll have to remind you.” Price returned to the bed, on top of me, laying his lips upon mine as I struggled to get him away. “Don’t fight it Marissa.” He whispered quietly.

I could feel him entering inside of me, thrusting hard and evenly. My whole body screamed with pleasure, but my mind was yelling no. “Carey…stop…please.” I let out, careful not to show that he was getting his way with my body. He didn’t need to know that even after all these years, he could still please my body.

Carey kissed my neck lightly, starting from the base, leading up to the lips, “Marissa, tell me you want me.” He breathed into my ear, sending chills through my body.

His hand caressed one of my breasts, as he forced his tongue into my mouth. I could tell he was about at his climax, because his thrusts became slower and harder. “Oh, Marissaaa, doesn’t it feel good? Just like old times, huh?” He moaned and he thrust harder.

I let a moan escape my lips before crying out.

----End Dream Cycle-----

I woke up in a cold sweat, with my heart pounding in my chest, and tears plastering my face. It was a nightmare from then many nights in Carey’s custody.

There was a knock on my apartment door, and I cautiously went to answer it. I looked through the peep hole and noticed Burrows standing outside in his boxers. I swung open the door and threw myself in his arms.

Alex looked down at me, “Mac, I had a nightmare. Can I stay here with you, tonight?”

I nodded, leading him inside my flat, “I had a nightmare, too. I won’t be able to sleep without you.”

He wrapped his arms around my waist, “I keep thinking about what to do with this baby you’re carrying.”

I looked down at my stomach, I wasn’t far enough along far any bump. “Me too. Alex, I’m sorry, but…I can’t get an abortion. It’s not the baby’s fault I’m pregnant.”

Instead of being upset, Burrows smiled, “Good, we’re on the same page.”

My eyes flew to his face for a further explanation.

He held me tighter in his arms, “I think, we should raise this baby as if it were ours, not Price’s.”

A smile came across my face, “It’s very good to know we are having a baby.” The smile disappeared quickly, as it dawned upon me, “Oh my god, we’re having a baby!”

”O-okay, just breathe, Mac, breathe!!.” Alex held me out at arms length away so I could soak it all in. I inhaled and exhaled deeply to get my mind under control. “Alright, I’m good. Thanks.”

Burrows smirked, “Well that’s good. I’m not sure if panicking is good for a baby. Come on, we need to get as much sleep as we can get those next few months.”

I nodded, and we headed towards my bedroom. We slipped underneath the covers, and Alex wrapped his arm around waist, and held me close. We both drifted to sleep.

----Next Morning-----
--Alex’s P.O.V--

I smiled as I looked down at Mac, as I watched her sleep. I was fresh out of the shower, and drying my hair off as I rummaged for some clothes that I kept here. I found some boxers and I slipped them on; just in time too, because I heard Mac stir and roll over.

”Alex?” She whispered. I leaned over and kissed her forehead, “Morning, babe. I have to get ready for practice. You wanna go?”

She nodded, “Yeah. I have to get dressed.” Mac let out a small smile.

She lifted the covers off of her, and rubbed her eyes. Collins gawked at my bare torso, “A-Alex, you’re other clothes are in the closet.”

I grinned at her, as she blushed, “I know that.” I took a couple strides and opened the sliding closet door. “Ah, there’s my suit.” I quickly dressed, as Collins slipped out of bed and removed her shirt and bra.

My face felt hot, and I looked away quickly. When I looked back again a couple minutes later, she was fully dressed. “Jeez, how do you do that so quickly?” I asked her, stunned.

“When you play hockey with the opposite gender, you tend to dress quicker so they can’t see anything.” She replied with a joking smile.
I wrapped her in my arms and kissed her lips, “Fair enough. Ready to go?”

She nodded, “Yeah.” Mac grabbed her hockey letterman jacket and slipped it on.”

-end P.o.v-

We took Alex’s car to the ice rink that I was so familiar with. What was different about today, is that Alex told me to bring my gear with.

So I was in the locker room all geared up, and I could feel the intense stare of Luongo on my back. He wasn’t in his gear and he had crutches supporting him when he stood.

The Sedin twins smacked my leg pads with their sticks, “Good to see you two back.” Henrik smiled. Daniel added, “Also, congratulations. Burrows told us the happy news.”

I laughed emptily, “Yeah, it kinda took us by surprise.” Standing up, I waddled onto the open ice and skated around on my own. After a couple laps, a leaned against one of the nets with my head down, remembering my nightmare the night before, tears began to fall.

“Hej mačety, jste v pořádku?” (Hey, Machete, you alright?) was called out to me in Czech. I looked up quickly to see Salak and Olesz staring at me through the glass.

"Co vy tady děláte?" (What are you doing here)I asked them.

"Burrows nás požádal, abychom sem, já nevím proč, ale musí to být důležité pro nás tu být." Salak responded with a shrug.

Alex invited them here for something important. What the heck is so important that he needed them here for?

I turned aorund, and my jaw dropped. The entire team was standing at the blue line, watching me. Lapierre pushed Burrows a little, “Go. Stop being a puss, loverboy.”

Alex made a face at his teammate as he shyly skated towards me. He cleared his throat, and took my blocker into his glove, and he spoke softly, “Marissa Annette Collins, Mac, my little Machete,” he paused as he knelt down on the ice, slipping a little, “Jsme spolu už dva roky a ztratili jsme jeden druhého prostřednictvím náhodou jednou před a odmítají přijít i o vás znovu někomu jinému. Miloval jsem tě od náš první polibek na stadioně před mnoha lety.“ He paused again, and returned to English, “Mac, will you marry me?”