Status: I need some motivation. I haven't written a chapter in this story since April. I started Chapter 10, but just barely. GIVE ME MOTIVATION!

On Thin Ice

On Thin Ice: Blackmail

I rubbed my eyes, as sleep tried to tempt me from my activities. I banished the sleep from my eyes as I read a Vancouver article. The headline read “NHL star engaged to pregnant girlfriend.” I continued to read the article.

“Early morning of January 4th, NHL player, Alexandre Burrows of the Vancouver Canucks, proposed to his girlfriend of two years, Marissa Collins. A week prior, as Burrows tells us, Marissa announced to him, that he was going to be a father.”

Angrily, I scanned the rest of the article.

“When we asked Collins about how she felt about how busy her life was going to be, she just smiled and told us it was going to be worth it in the end.”

I slammed my fist onto my desk, and leaned far back in my chair. “Marissa is fucking pregnant; I can’t do any harm to a pregnant woman, that’s just not right…”

I rubbed my head, frustrated, “I can’t kill Burrows, I promised Marissa I wouldn’t, and I don’t break my promises.” I leaned forward again, resting my elbows on the desk in front of me, with my hands supporting my forehead.

The glowing screen in front of me went dark as my screen saver activated. I stared at the screen, hoping it would have an answer for me. Most of the pictures that appeared on the screen were of Marissa and I while we were dating, or even after she had forgiven me for cheating on her. One picture captured my interest, and I stared at it for a moment. The picture was of Marissa and her ex-captain, Blake Kielczynski. As I stood up quickly, I could swear that those icy blue eyes were drilling holes into my body.

I turned and left my room. Blake and I had a little catching up to do.

Blake Kielczynski’s P.O.V.

It was no surprise to me that Carey Price had shown up to practice this morning. Lately, he had looked uneasy and more worn out. As our practice ended, Price approached me to talk.

“Hey, Kielczynski, I need your help.” He said almost immediately.

“Listen, Price, I don’t want to help you with anything.” I started to walk away from him, but he continued to speak.

“It has to do with Collins.” As I turned to look at him, Wayne poked his head out of the locker room, “Captain, busy?”

“Hold on, Wayne.” I focused my attention back to Carey, “Collins? Why should I help you with anything that has to do with her? You’re the one that cheated on her and chased her away. You guys were doing just fine, but then you tried take advantage of her injury. You tried telling her that Burrows wasn’t her boyfriend, and she believed you. She moved away when she found out that you were still sleeping with her ex- best friend.”

“Because you loved her.” Price uttered quietly. Before I could say anything, he continued, “I don’t know how I didn’t see it before. It is why you are so upset about her leaving. You used to look at her the same way I did, and the same exact way that Burrows looks at her.”

“So what? She’s engaged and pregnant. It would be pointless to tell her how I felt now, wouldn’t it?” I ran my fingers through my bleach blonde hair. I don’t know how Price found this out, but it didn’t bother me. It was hard not to love a woman like Collins. She had a great spirit, and she was gorgeous.

Carey shrugged, “Maybe so, but I won’t give up, Blake. I need her back.” He started to sound desperate, “I can’t sleep, eat, focus, or do anything without her near me.

I shook my head, “I’m sorry, man. What is important to me is that she is happy. That’s all that it should be about for you. I can’t help you get her back; she loves Burrows now, not you.” I left him and entered the locker room.
-End Blake’s P.O.V.-

-Carey’s P.O.V.-

”I knew something was up when I saw you in Vancouver two weeks ago.” A thick foreign accent stated from behind me.

I whirled around to see who it was, but I didn’t recognize the face that stared me down. He looked a couple years older than me, but we were the same size. This man definitely knew Marissa, and I needed to find out how, because he could be dangerous to me.

The foreigner leaned against the Plexiglas surrounding the ice rink, “Let’s make this quick, okay? I know what you’ve been up to, Price. I know that you kidnapped Machete, and raped her.”

I could tell this man was European, and most of the European hockey players came from Czech Republic, Slovakia, Finland, or Russia. His accent sounded more Czech than any of the dialects from Slovakia, Finland, or Russia. “That isn’t true at all. Why would you think that? We don’t even know each other.”

The man smirked, pushing off the glass with his shoulder, “I don’t need to know you to know what you did. I filled myself in with what I need to know, and if you don’t do what I say, I’ll tell the whole world what you did to your ex-girlfriend.

I was right. This man was dangerous, and I need to figure out how I could manipulate him to work with me instead of against me, but somehow, I knew that wasn’t going to happen. I narrowed my eyes, suspiciously, “Who are you?”

The Czech man scoffed arrogantly, “I am Olesz, Machete’s guardian angel. I am the one that helped my little Machete escape." He took a step closer to me. "And you'd better be very careful, Mr.Price. If you make even one move towards her that will hurt her, I will hunt you down, and finish you myself."

I stood my ground at the man's aggression, "Ohhh tough guy." I smirked and started to turn away, and he pulled me back and shoved me into the Plexiglas roughly.

"I mean it, Price. make one wrong move on her, and you're a dead man." He released the collar of my shirt and walked away.

Shit. One more person I'll have to worry about dancing around. Who knew being in love could cause so many problems?