Sequel: Wendy's Tale

Thomas' Adventures in Hiddlesgard

Mischief and Mayhem

Loki was bored… In fact Loki had decided that he was *very* bored. He drummed his fingers noisily on the arm of the throne he was sitting on. Oh, if it were only his throne and not still his father Odin’s. He was one day destined to rule over Asgard. That was his birthright…well it was his brother Thor’s birthright too, but Loki deserved it more. Thor was a brash, over-confident, and arrogant, not the qualities befitting a King of Asgard. Loki knew that and it made his current mood worse when he thought about Thor and Asgard. Thor was older so by rights he would succeed Odin. However Loki knew that Odin still had many years of ruling ahead of him, maybe time enough for Loki to prove to Odin that he was a worthy successor to the throne. But… oh the boredom! He tired of following Thor off of pointless trips to the other realms, mainly to satisfy Thor’s lust for battle. Thor called it practice. Picking fights with Frost Giants and Dark Elves. Loki grew tired of it, he wanted mischief. He wanted fun…he wanted chaos. Loki smirked to himself… yes he thought, I want a little fun. To set off in motion a series of small events and watch them grow into chaos, mayhem and calamity. Oh, he thought deliciously, this is what I need.

He hopped off the throne with a leap and walked briskly out of the throne room. He had a plan forming in his head. He had not visited Midgard for a while. No one knew he had discovered a secret way to leave Asgard. Not even Heimdall knew about his travels. Loki smiled happily to himself. Yes not even the all-seeing Heimdall knew about Loki and his secrets. He turned at the doorway of the throne room and headed off down the torch lit corridor. It was night and everyone was asleep. Perfect, thought Loki, a large smirk broke across his lips. This will be fun…

Loki emerged from the shadows of a tall building. He had chosen to dress himself in Midgardian attire, his black leather and metal Asgard clothes would not have helped him blend in with the other Midgardian. He had chosento visit one of its large cities. He believed it was called London. Yes it was London. Full of noises, lights and people. A perfect setting for some the making of mischief. Loki liked to quietly observe the Midgardians as they wandered by, some having conversations with others and some more humourously with themselves. Loki found it all highly amusing. Such petty squabbles they had with each other. Asagard was very tame in comparison.

This particular evening Loki found himself in an area called Leicester Square and there must be a celebration happening he thought as Loki noticed an unusually large amount of people were present. There was noise and lights… and screaming. Loki paused staring confused at the sight in front of him. Row upon row of young women stood waving arms and large pieces of paper with words written on them. At first Loki thought the woman were being tortured or attacked but this was not the case. They were smiling and laughing but also screaming. Loki frowned, this was very strange. He stood amongst the crowd watching the women, intrigued. What could cause Midgardian women to behave in such a way? Asgardian women were refined, delicate and carried themselves with grace… well all except the Lady Sif but she was a warrior and could defend herself well when needed.

Loki stood silently watching, when suddenly the women launched into high pitched screams and wailing. Wide-eyed Loki wondered if this was some strange Midgardian custom. This was something he had not witnessed before. He noticed out of the corner of his eye a vehicle pull up by the side of the building and the side door was opened. Out stepped a tall thin, athletic looking man, with curly ginger hair and a neatly trimmed ginger beard. He was very smartly dressed in a black suit and bow tie. His appearance sent the women off screaming again. Loki smiled, this man had power over women, great power. Perhaps he had power over all Midgardians? Hmmm thought Loki perhaps this may be of use to me, so Loki watched and Loki waited…

Loki had watched the vehicle leave the building with the man inside and finally found himself outside the building where the man resided. He had made enquiries whilst waiting at Leicester square and discovered that this man was called Tom Hiddleston. Not a very grand name thought Loki, but he certainly had a presence amongst the Midgardians. Entering the building had not been a problem for Loki, a little diversion here and little illusion and Loki was inside. When he reached the apartment of Tom Hiddleston he discovered that the door was already open slightly. Perfect smiled Loki and walked in silently, not making a sound. He passed through and small entrance hall and waited by a large chair. He gazed around the room. There was furniture, and books, nothing to elaborate, quite plain by Asgardian standards. Loki heard a noise off to the left and backed away into a shadowy corner. He could easily disappear into the shadows and not be noticed. The man still dressed in his suit strode past the chair and up the entrance hall. Loki heard the door click and steps coming back into the room. Loki smiled, he could wait…

It was dark now and the room was quiet. Loki stepped out from his hiding place and headed off to find the man. He found him sleeping quietly. Loki bent down beside the side of his bed and whispered in his ear.

“Who are you Tom Hiddleston?”

“What power do you hold over these Midgardians?”

Tom stirred slightly and frowned in his sleep. Loki smiled.

“I’m going to set you a test…a quest…a challenge Tom
Hiddleston, and it’s up to you to find the answers”

“Sleep deeply my friend, mischief will begin shortly…” Loki smiled this mischief would be fun…