Status: Active

Unexpected Events.

Chapter Three- The After Math.

Alyssa awoke, sitting up. She yawned and stretched as she did everyone morning before her eyes came into focus. "What the fuck..." She mumbled. She quickly looked down at her body, making sure she was fully clothed. Last time she had woke up and didn't know where she was, she was naked in some older guy's bed. She carefully stood herself as she tried to remember the events from last night. She couldn't though, all that came to mind was entering the party. Everything was blank after that. She felt her chest for her phone, smiling when it was in her bra. At least she still had that. She only had one missed call and a text, both from Seth. The text was just a concerned one, sent about 3 am. He thought she was coming home and so did she. Alyssa checked the time and frowned. It was midday. Her second day of school and she was already skipping technically.

Alyssa looked around the forest, not seeing anything out of the ordinary. Luckily she obviously hadn't walked too far into the land because when she turned around she could see Seth's street. She made her way up the street until she found a car. Desperate times called for desperate measures. She couldn't remember how far back it was to the house and she didn't want to worry Carly or Seth. She pulled a bobby pin out of her hair and skillfully unlocked the old car.

Once she was in the driver's seat, she hot wired it and sped away. She would make sure to wipe prints and leave it a block away from Seth's flat. Sometimes Alyssa wished Seth hadn't taught her all these things but he only did it so if it came to it, she could get away. She knew how to pick locks, how to shoplift without getting caught and how to throw a powerful right hook.

A twenty minute drive and a five minute walk later, she was in the door. Alyssa was surprised, there was no one there besides Seth and the flat was moderately clean. Seth wasn't even intoxicated. He frowned at Alyssa, "I thought you were coming home last night". She shrugged, "I got really drunk. Sorry". Seth patted the space next to him and Alyssa took the offer. "You normally at least let me know, you didn't do anything did you?" Alyssa raised a brow. "Like, take anything or y'know, do anyone?" Alyssa laughed.

"All I drank was vodka and I woke up with all my clothes on. I'm safe bro," she tried to brush it off. She didn't know for sure though, she couldn't. She was still trying to search her brain for even fuzzy memories. All she wanted to know was why she ended up at the outskirts of that forest. "I need to have a shower, I feel gross," she commented. She stood up and slowly walked to the shower, realising she was still in her wedges.

Alyssa stripped down and got into the steaming shower. She winced as the water hit her back. She reached around to try and find the source of the pain and she found a great cut, reaching from the tip of her shoulder blade to her tail bone. Maybe she had fell over? Who knows. She squirted some conditioner into her hands then rubbed it into her hair. As she let it settle for a while, she lathered her body in a vanilla scented body wash.

She had just made it back into her room when she heard her phone going off. It was an incoming call from Carly.

"Hello?" Alyssa answered, taking the towel from her head with one hand.
"Hey," Carly chirped, "Did you get home all right last night? You got a taxi because you didn't trust me". Carly lied smoothly. On the other end of her phone, Carly was with Sam and Jon, stalking their next victim. She could hear the boy's heart pumping and it delighted her.

Carly and the boys weren't your typical vampires. When they were hungry or felt like it, all their teeth would turn into sharp pains. They could walk in the sun, although it did hurt. Nothing they couldn't take though. They didn't sparkle or speak in an odd accent. They couldn't get killed by a wooden stake or be hurt by vervain, they needed to be decapitated. All they wanted was blood. They were deceiving creatures, becoming friends and tricking their victims before devouring them. Carly sometimes liked to eat the flesh which the boys found odd. That was more a shifter or a werewolf thing. There were other creatures all over town. Witches, shifters, werewolves. They all kept to themselves. None of them knew the other species existed, which was a good thing. They were all after Alyssa but were careful about how they went about it. They had all heard the previous stories from their own kind, from the towns that Alyssa and Seth used to reside in. The two always escaped too quickly. The witches were strong enough to hide Alyssa and Seth from the demons. Those abominations were the things that truly wanted Alyssa and didn't care how many people died and how much attention they drew to themselves in the fight to get her. She was a special girl, Alyssa.

Alyssa shivered, feeling quite anxious to be talking to Carly. "Y-yeah, I passed out as soon as I got home," she chuckled fakely. "Sorry for missing school". "It's alright," Carly replied. Jon and Sam had attacked the boy dragging him into the woods. They started to feast without Carly, it was sort of a way of them telling to hurry up. "I gotta go, see you tomorrow? Bye!"

All Alyssa heard after that was silence. She chucked the phone beside her and feel onto her bed. Why did she not feel safe?
♠ ♠ ♠
I have two subscribers. That makes me the happiest girl in the world.