Status: Active

Unexpected Events.

Chapter Five- The Truth.

Alyssa continued to run until she made it to a small diner about two blocks away from the forest. She pretty much fell into the nearest free booth. She closed her eyes and tried to slow down her breathing, she was hyperventilating. She eventually calmed down so her breathing was a light pant when a waitress appeared in front of her. "Are you alright darlin'?" The older woman asked. She looked to be in her early forties. She had shoulder length auburn her, that fell in soft curls. The bags under her eyes were nearing black. She looked exhausted.

Alyssa shook her head, she was so frightened. "Th-there's people, they," she breathed heavily and she shook. The waitress sat down in the booth and studied her before her eyes widened. "Oh my god, you're her," she whispered. Alyssa gulped and her eyes started to water. "Don't hurt me," she pleaded quietly. The waitress shook her head, a small smile appearing. "I'm on the other side hun," she cooed. "I'll go get you some hot chocolate and I'll explain". The waitress stood, patting down her apron. "Trust me," she murmured before walking away. Alyssa glanced around as her thoughts raced. She seemed to sink into the seat, trying to camouflage herself from everyone. Alyssa thought the people from the woods were going to burst in the door at any moment and take her, or kill her in the middle of the diner. She decided to trust the waitress but went over a fighting technique that Seth had taught her in her head in case worst came to worst.

The waitress came back and placed the hot chocolate in front of Alyssa before sitting back down. "My name's Olivia honey," Olivia smiled softly. Alyssa nodded, her lips twitching as she held back a smile. Olivia's voice seemed to soothe Alyssa, making her a lot calmer. "I know you're Alyssa. I know Seth's out of town and by the state of you, you've seen or heard something you shouldn't have". Alyssa moved her eyes away from Olivia, now staring at the floor. Olivia placed her hand on the table, next to Alyssa's drink. "If you trust me, I can help," she offered. Alyssa's eyes shot up. She nodded quickly and left the diner.

Olivia opened the door to her house, letting Alyssa inside first. She was still shook up but was starting to trust Olivia more and more. The main reason for that was that Olivia hadn't killed her yet. Olivia motioned for Alyssa to sit on the love seat and she did, Olivia across from her.

"I knew your grandmother," she started off with, smiling at the memory of the elderly woman. Alyssa smiled too, some teeth showing. All she had to do was think of her grandmother and Alyssa would be happier immediately. "Seth's probably going to be pissed that I'm telling you and you're going to be pissed at him for not telling you but you, your mother and your grandmother are special". Alyssa quirked a brow, waiting for her to continue. Olivia laughed at the gesture, "I'll let Seth explain that". Alyssa frowned but bit her tongue, she didn't want to seem rude after how Olivia was helping her. "There's all sorts of supernatural things out there, vampires, witches, werewolves, the whole nine". Alyssa shook her head and laughed. "I'm sorry but that's not possible. Those stories are things you say at summer camp to scare people into thinking they heard something in the bushes". Olivia rolled her eyes and lent over the table, touching her shoulder. Alyssa's expression changed into that of horror and shock and Olivia sighed softly. She'd just remembered what she saw the other night, what Carly, Sam and Jon looked like. What they did and how they talked.

"You're telling the truth," Alyssa croaked. Olivia looked at Alyssa sympathetically. "Sorry to break it to you hun, your grandma tried so hard to keep all this bullshit from you". Alyssa ran her fingers through her hair and rubbed the back of her neck. She was trying to take this well under the circumstances. "So what did I see tonight?" She questioned and Olivia rolled her eyes. "Witches. They're weak, you can kill them like you kill a human". She laughed and it brought a happy look to Alyssa's face. "I'm a fairy- don't laugh, I'm telling the truth." Alyssa pulled her lower lip between her lip, trying to obey Olivia's orders. "But, I thought all supernatural creatures were supposed to be immortal, they are in movies and books". "Fairies stop aging once they get to around twenty one then continue when their magic starts running low. Most of the other things are though". Alyssa nodded, suddenly remembering all the stories her grandmother had told her when she was little. Most of them were about fairies, the good stories, and the bad stories involved everything else.

Alyssa thought. "So your magic's running low?" She questioned, a frown appearing on her delicate features. Olivia nodded and sighed, "Nothing's supposed to live forever, it's not natural". "Was my grandma a fairy?" Alyssa asked quietly, anticipating the answer. Olivia shook her head, "Something else. I'll leave that for Seth to tell you. He's going to be angry enough at me already". Alyssa nodded, she understood where Olivia was coming from. Seth had quite an anger and he couldn't control it sometimes. He was obviously only keeping all this from her to protect her. Olivia started to speak again, "But here's the catch. Only fairies and about two other things know that everything else exists. Vampires and the rest just think they're the only ones except demons". Alyssa tilted her head, "Demons are real?" Olivia nodded, "They possess humans and walk around looking for certain creatures and beings, luckily those witches are good for something and hide you from them. I'm not sure how Seth is going but he knows how to exorcise". "So Seth knows everything?" Olivia nodded, "Pretty much. All to protect you".

"So what am I then Olivia?"