Lucky

Molly Finds Out

Molly’s POV:

“Hey, Cam, what are you doing here?” Cameron runs in to my living room. Sydney and Violet mutter hello to him and try to hide their laughter.

“Molly, I need to talk to you now.”

“Why, Cam? Is everything okay?”

“No, it really isn’t.” I am getting worried now and follow him to the kitchen.

“What’s so important you have to tell me now?”

“I just talked to Aaron, well I punched him.” I try not to laugh because Cam is being serious.

“You punched him? Okay, what did you do that for?”

“He told me why he didn’t come to your party.” Sydney and Violet are hanging in the doorway. I see Zach and Michael there, too.

“Hey, when did you guys get here?”

“Just now. Cam called and said we needed to get over here fast.” Zach explains to me.

“What’s going on here?” Michael asks.

“I would like to know the same thing. Cam, why did you punch Aaron? What did you find out?” I really want to know now because I see how serious this is.

“Aaron only asked you out because he was dared to.” My heart sinks.

“I always knew there was something off. His smiles were never sincere, his kisses were short and not sweet. How could I have been so stupid?” I feel like such an idiot. I fall to the ground and Cameron crouches by me.

“This is just like before, the night of your party. Mol, I’m sorry. I never should have told you.”

“No, Cam, I’m glad you did. I’m glad it’s you and not him, his friends, or some other idiot. I mean it when I say thank you, Cam.”

“Anytime, Mol. I really care about you.” He kisses me and the others say awww.

“Shut up, you guys. Cameron is being sweet, unlike some of you.” Zach looks at Sydney then.

“Uhm, Sydney, would you maybe want to go out sometime?”

“Yo, Violin, you wanna go out?” Michael asks Violet at the same time. I can’t believe he used his old nickname for her.

“Yes!” They both scream. Cameron and I smile.

“Looks like we started a trend here.” Cameron says, holding me close.

“And we were going to wait to tell you. Shame on us.” I laugh.

“Shut up and let us enjoy this wonderful day.” Sydney says and Zach pulls her close.

“Let’s make it better and have Molly say she’ll be my girlfriend.” Cameron is looking at me.

“Of course I will, Cam.” He kisses me and my parents walk in.

“Great, it’s not the 6 friends, it’s the three sets of couples who happen to be best friends.” My mom says laughing.

“Yeah, but I’m okay with that. Syd and Zach are perfect. Look at V and Mikey, they aren’t even here anymore.” They are staring in each other’s eyes. Violet waves her hand at me, meaning to shut up. “And now Cam is my boyfriend, which you said you always knew would happen.”

“We all knew it would, except for you.” Dad says.

“Even I knew, I just couldn’t admit for some reason. Maybe I just needed to make a mistake first. I needed to fall for the wrong guy to find the right guy.”

“So girlfriend, what do we do next?”

“We get revenge on Aaron.” I smile and he smiles back. I know the perfect thing.

************************************************