Lucky

BURN!

Cameron’s POV:

“Ready for school?” I walk into Molly’s house and see her finishing breakfast.

“Not even close. I just want to spend more time with you and our friends.” She does a pouty face.

“Well suck it up because we have to go. We’re halfway done with senior year, which means we’re closer to doing what we want when we want.”

“But you got accepted to a different college than me.” Her eyes fill with tears.

“That doesn’t matter. We’re both staying here and living at home so we will see each other just as much.”

“No, Cam, we won’t! We won’t have any classes together. I’ll have a few classes with Syd and V if we get scheduling done, but none with you.”

“I’m sorry.” It’s all I can say.

“It’s okay. I guess I should get used to it if you’re going to be some huge band. You’ll never be around then.” She walks to the car and refuses to talk to me. I lock the door before she gets out.

“Talk to me, Molly. Does the band really bother you? I promise it won’t take my whole life. I love you and that’s all there is.”

“I know. It just worries me. I’ll be going to college, you’ll be going on tour.”

“You don’t know that yet.”

“Cam, I do know. I recorded you guys at practice, before we were dating, and sent it to Radio Disney. They want you to be in some contest sometime next year. I don’t know a lot of details, but you’ll be competing for a contract.” I can’t believe she did that for us.

“Molly, thank you so much! Look, if we make it anywhere, I will make sure people know about you. I won’t let that take over my life.” She smiles.

“Okay, then let’s finish senior year. You have a prom to play at and a contest to tell the guys about so you can prepare.”

“Yes, we do.” I unlock the door and carry her bag inside.

“It’s like nothing has changed.” She says laughing.

“I can still tackle you.” She runs and I chase her. She runs into Aaron.

“Oh, sorry.” She pushes out of the way and keeps running, then turns back. “Actually, Aaron, there’s something I need to tell you.”

“Yeah, I need to talk to you, too.” A crowd is forming around them. Here comes her plan. “I was dared to date you.” He smiles, thinking he just won.

“Really?” She plays hurt and I know she really is. “That’s funny cause I was dared to say yes. The girls and I thought it would be hilarious! Hmmm, maybe we aren’t so different. Eff off, jerk.” She walks over and kisses me. “I love you, Cam.”

“I love you, too, Molly.” I know she isn’t just saying it. “I am so proud of you.” I whisper and we walk off. The crowd is still standing there, in shock at what just happened. We find our friends.

“Molly Rowley, did you just do that?” Sydney asks.

“Yeah, I did.”

“We are so proud of you!” Sydney and Violet yell, then hug her.

“Hey, in better news, our girls sent a video of us. We’re going to be in a contest next year. We’ll be competing for a recording contract.”

“Yes!” Zach yells and Mikey runs around like the animal he is.

“Guys, we’re finally a band.” I say smiling and Molly waves, knowing what I told them.

********************************************