Lucky

Meet Ashley

Molly’s POV:

Cam and I walk to class, hand in hand and take our seats.

“Molly, was that true? What you said in the hallway?” I turn to look at Aaron.

“It’s possible, but possibly not. I guess you’ll never know, especially because you never loved me enough to get to know me.”

“It wasn’t true!” He yells.

“You don’t know that.” I won't let him know the truth.

“Alright class, new seats for a new year.” Cam and I run across the room to sit near each other. Aaron runs after us, but some other girl slides in before him.

“Move on, Aaron. How could you admit to being dared to asking a girl out? That’s just rude.” He slowly walks to the other side of the room and I laugh.

“Hi, I’m Ashley! I just moved here from Florida.”

“I’m Molly and this is my boyfriend, Cameron. He’s also my best friend ever, besides my friends Sydney and Violet.”

“Hey, don’t forget Zach and Michael.” He yells and I laugh.

“They’re more your friends.” I tell him.

“Yeah, they are.” He laughs and so does Ashley.

“Well, you have quite the group of friends there. How sweet that you’re dating your best friend though.”

“It really is. It took me dating Aaron to realize I loved Cameron.”

“He is such a jerk. A hottie, but a jerk.”

“Oh, please, you haven’t seen him in his football uniform.” I say.

“Still here.” Cameron fake coughs.

“Please, you know I love you.” I kiss him on the cheek.

“Alright, continue talking to Ashley.” He smiles.

“No, don’t continue talking to Ashley.” The teacher says and starts the lesson for the day. The bell finally rings and I go to my next class and take my seat between Sydney and Violet. Ashley walks in and I laugh.

“Here, sit in front of me. Aaron has this class and it’s empty, so I know he’ll try it.” She laughs.

“Well, thank you.” She takes my schedule. “Dang, only one more class and that’s sixth hour.”

“You’re in luck, you’ll get to meet Zach and Michael then; their boyfriends. This is Sydney.” She waves. “And this is Violet.” She says hello. Aaron walks in and we all glare at him.

“Look, I am sorry. Sure it was fun to lead you on-”

“Okay, dude, stop there. We’re her friends so you don’t even go there.” Sydney throws her hand in his face.

“As the newest friend, I feel I need to prove myself. Get your ugly little butt away from us and don’t even look at Molly. You don’t deserve that.” He walks off, again shot down by her.

“I like this girl.” Violet high fives her.

“Yeah, she’s pretty cool.” Sydney agrees.

“I think it’s a good thing you moved all the way over here, Ashley.”

“Yeah, it may be.” She looks across the room and smiles.

“This girl has a crush.” Violet says and Ashley blushes.

“Spill it, girl. Is it David? He is pretty hot.” Sydney says like the girl she is.

“No, it’s not David. It’s no one, I was just remembering my ex. He looks like Aaron.”

“Why did you two break up?”

“He cheated on me with the girl I used to call my best friend.”

“I promise none of us will date anyone you start dating.”

“Assuming I get asked out.”

“You will, Ashley.”

“Thanks.” Class starts and I think this semester will be better than last semester.

**************************************