Lucky

Real Relationship

Molly’s POV:

“So, do you feel old now that your birthday was yesterday?” I ask Cameron.

“Not at all because I know that you are still almost 4 months older than me."

“Touché, Cam.” I laugh and take his hand. It’s nice that his birthday was on a Sunday so we could celebrate. We walk in to class and remember we had homework. Oh well, too late now.

“Hey, Ash!” Cameron says when she sits down.

“Hi, guys.” She’s living with her adoptive parents, but she visits us a lot.

“Hey there, hottie.” Aaron walks over and I am about to tell him off when Ashley turns around.

“Aaron, hi!” She jumps and he kisses her. My jaw drops.

“Wait, you two are dating?”

“Yeah, you got a problem with that?” She asks and I don't recognize her anymore.

“No, I don’t. Ashley, can I talk to you after school?” I ask through clenched teeth.

“Sure!” She waves me off and turns back to Aaron.

“Cameron, is this really happening?” I look at him, my heart breaking. I thought she understood what he did to me. I thought she got that he is a jerk.

“Yeah, Mol it is. Do you want to go home?”

“No, not really.” Tears are in my eyes and I run out of the room. I run into the teacher who takes one look at me.

“Cameron, go after her. Make sure she’s okay.” There are some days I love Mrs. Richards. This is one of those days. I fall in the hallway and Cameron sits by me.

“Do you want to talk about this?” He is being so caring as he wipes away every tear that falls.

“I thought she understood that he was a jerk. I mean, you saw her tell him off the first day and then she did it again in second hour that same day.”

“Sometimes girls fall for the guy who is completely wrong for them.”

“Cam, not now. I know I was stupid for liking him so stop trying to make me feel bad about it.” He takes any chance to bring it up.

“I get what it’s like to have your heart stomped on.”

“No, Cam, you don’t. If I broke up with you and said I never once cared about you, how would you feel if Zach or Michael still dated me?”

“That wouldn’t happen!”

“Pretend for a second, Cam! How would you feel if they knew I was a terrible person, but still dated me. After you poured your heart and soul in to a relationship that I took as a joke?”

“I would want to kill them and I would probably feel like they didn’t care about my feelings anymore.”

“So do you know how it feels to have your heart stomped on?” I ask him now that he gets it.

“No. Molly, I’m sorry he’s making you feel this way. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?” He asks me.

“Yeah, can you just be my boyfriend and be here for me?” He wipes away another tear and kisses me.

“I can do that.”

“Good, because that’s what I need.” He helps me up and walks me to the bathroom.

“You kind of look like crap now.” He hands me my make-up bag and waits for me outside. This is the relationship I’ve always needed.

************************************************
.