Lucky

Leaving

Molly’s POV:

“Come on, Mol, you got this.” Cameron says when Aaron drops Ashley off. She walks in.

“What’s up, loser? Wow, that works in both ways. You’re my loser twin sister and you lost Aaron to me.” I swear she starts cackling.

“Cam, don’t go.” I am begging him but he still leaves.

“So, what did you want to talk about? Or are you just going to chicken out?”

“Ashley, you’re dating my ex-boyfriend and you’re completely different! Why are you acting so different than when you first got here?”

“Sweetie, you need to understand that sometimes people aren’t cool. I wouldn’t understand that because I have always been accepted.”

“But now you’re about to be kicked out. How could you do this to me after I was so nice to you? You defended me against Aaron because he was dared to ask me out.” My heart is breaking.

“Well he wasn’t dared to ask me out.” She shrugs and walks off.

“No. I’m not done talking to you.” I say firmly.

“I think you are, little sister.”

“Shut up! I am younger by 5 minutes so don’t even pull that little stunt.” I lunge for her and she screams. I punch her once and someone pulls me off.

“What is going on here?” My dad yells. I see mom holding Ashley back.

“I don’t know. She just lunged for me.” Ashley starts fake crying.

“That is not true! She’s dating Aaron and she’s rubbing it in my face. She called me a loser!”

“That doesn’t sound like something either of you would do. What is really going on here?” My mom asks.

“You’re saying you don’t believe me?” I do not believe this.

“After you give me up for adoption you’re really going to continue taking her side?” Ashley just pulled that card.

“We are so sorry, sweetheart. We’re not taking anyone’s side. You’re both grounded.”

“You can’t ground me!” She yells.

“We can talk to your parents and have you grounded.”

“Ugh!” Ashley storms out. I go upstairs and start packing. Mom walks in.

“What is going on now?”

“I’m going to the Quiseng’s. At least they believe me there!” I shut my suitcase and go past my mom. I walk down the block until I find where I want to be.

“One ticket to Missouri, please.” I pull out my credit card.

“Molly, this isn’t what you want to do.” I turn around and see Aaron.

“Why do you even care? You’re dating my sister now and you never once cared about me.”

“That isn’t true. Yes, I was dared to ask you out, but I really did care about you. I was too chicken to ask you out myself.”

“Then why did you make it seem like you never cared?”

“Because I’m supposed to be this cool guy who dates cool girls.”

“And now that Ashley’s acting the way she is, she’s a cool girl. Then I hope you two are really happy because you are both worthless to me now.”

“I figured that’s how you would feel so I brought back up.” Cameron, Zach, Michael, Sydney, and Violet walk through the door.

“Are you really going to leave me now, Mol?” I run to Cameron, tears streaming.

“No, I’m not, but I can’t stay here. My parents don’t believe me at all.” I fill them all in on everything.

“You punched her? What has gotten into you and Cameron lately?” Sydney asks laughing like it’s the funniest joke in the world.

“Mol, you can stay with me, just please don’t go.”

“Okay, Cameron.”

***********************