Lucky

Staying

Cameron’s POV:

I walk into my parent’s house.

“Molly, what a surprise. Cameron, why does she have a suitcase?” I look at Molly and she shakes her head no.

“She got in a fight with Ashley, like punching, which led to a fight with her parents. Is it cool if she stays with us?” Mom smiles and opens her arms.

“You know I already consider you part of the family.” I take her suitcase and put it in our guestroom.

“She is our daughter, she is coming home now!” Molly’s parents are here.

“She’s also 18 which means she can make her own choices. If you can’t believe your own daughter, who can you believe?” Mom just got them there.

“We do not tolerate fighting!” Mrs. Rowley yells.

“I don’t tolerate my sister dating my ex!” Molly yells back.

“We know it hurts, but you have to get over it. Sometimes life isn’t fair.” Mr. Rowley is trying to explain. I walk downstairs.

“If Molly is uncomfortable in her own home, to the point she was about to leave the state, I don’t want her in your house.” They look at me like they’ve never seen me before.

“Cameron, stay out of this.”

“I will not stay out of it. This is personal to me because if harm comes to my girlfriend, the one girl I have loved since I was 14, I will never forgive you.” Molly runs over and I open my arms to her.

“You are too young to be going though this. Molly, you can stay here for now but this isn’t over.”

“Yeah, mom, it is. If you don’t trust me, I don’t want to be around you. Go be with the daughter you really wanted. Cam and I will find a place and I’ll have my stuff out as soon as we do. If that’s alright with the Quiseng’s.”

“It’s perfectly alright! Geoff, get your checkbook ready. We need to buy our kids an apartment.” I look around the room at everyone.

“Come on, Mol, let’s start looking at places.” I take her hand.

“Goodbye, mother and father. Please tell Ashley it was nice knowing her before she changed.” Mrs. Rowley is crying.

“Molly, don’t do this. We are your family, you can’t just leave us like this.”

“You aren’t my family anymore. Goodbye.” She and I go upstairs and she starts crying. “What did I just do, Cameron?”

“I don’t know, but you don’t need to know right now. You can figure it out later.” We look at apartments near the school and our colleges. Finally we decide to go out for a while. We go to the ring store.

“Alright, we’re just looking, right Cam?” She looks at me.

“Yes, Molly. That’s all we’re doing.” She walks the case.

“I like this one! No, I love this one!” She points to a really pretty one and the guy gets it out for her. “Cam, it fits perfectly.”

“That’s because I was here a few days ago. I had it sized perfectly for you because I wanted to propose anyway.”

“Cam, we don’t have to do this now.” She smiles down at the ring and I know it makes her really happy. I also know it’s the right ring for the right girl.

“Molly Rowley, if we’re moving in together this is the only thing that will make it feel absolutely perfectly right. I have loved you for four years and I never want to see you get hurt. Will you marry me?” Her hands fly up to her mouth.

“Yes, Cameron!” She throws her arms around my neck and I kiss her.

“Mom, dad, Anna, Bridget, meet the newest addition to the Quiseng family.” She holds up her hand and mom hugs her.

“Looks like we have a wedding to plan. After you two have finished high school.”

“That’s understood, mom.” Molly and I say at the same time.

*************************************************