Lucky

New Beginning

Molly’s POV:

“So, this is the day. Are you excited for it?” Sydney asks. She is finishing my hair, Violet is touching up my make-up, and Anna is helping Bridget with her shoes. Mrs. Quiseng walks in. I take a look around.

“Yeah, I’m ready. August 10 is a new start for me.”

“Especially since that contest starts in a few months.” Anna says.

“No, we are not speaking of that right now. I am only 19 and Cameron is only 19. We are focusing on spending the rest of our life together.” We’ve each done one year of college and I’m about to start my second. Cam, of course, isn’t.

“Do you wish your parents were here?” Mrs. Quiseng asks.

“Yeah, I kind of do, but they made it clear how they feel. My parents are here.” She smiles and Mr. Quiseng walks in.

“Time to walk my daughter-in-law down the aisle.” I take a deep breath and we walk through the doors. Cameron smiles at me. Zach, Michael, and two of Cameron’s cousins stand behind him.

“I love you.” He says and I smile through my tears. I couldn’t be happier right now.

“I never thought we would be here, but here we are. Cam, you were always there for me and I can’t think you enough for that. When I lost hope, you never let go. Just like you promised me.”

“Molly, you may have fallen a few times, but you never really let go. You’re the girl I was always truly in love with and we may not have been together for long, but we’ve had a relationship our whole lives.” He kisses me and I am now Molly Marie Quiseng.

“Congrats girl.” Sydney pats me on the shoulder as Cameron and I run to the limo.

“I’m sorry the honeymoon doesn’t really exist.”

“But it does, Cam. I’m with you and that’s all I care about, okay?” He kisses me and runs in to the apartment.

“Okay.” He throws me on the bed and flops next to me.

“So, what do you want to do now that we’re married?” I ask him and he smiles.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” He smiles.

“We get out of these clothes, get in to some pajama’s, spray each other with whipped cream like children, then watch cartoons until we crash in each other’s arms?” I smile back.

“The whipped cream is a nice addition to my plan.” We jump off the bed and don’t even bother changing. Around one, we fall asleep. I wake up at 9 and his arms are still around me.

“So this really happened? I didn’t just dream the best night of my life?”

“Nope, it really happened. You still have some whipped cream on you.” He kisses my nose and I giggle.

“Cameron, I love this life. Does it have to change?”

“I’m afraid it does. We still have a few more months and this is assuming we win.” I look at him.

“You guys are good, you’re really good. You’re going to win and I promise you that.”

“Then I guess we better enjoy this while we have it.” He kisses me and we fall back asleep.

*************************