Lucky

Cameron's Broken Heart

Cameron’s POV:

“Sorry I’m late! My car broke down.” What a little liar. We all saw him earlier.

“Find a seat and don’t disrupt my classroom again.”

“Yes, ma’am.” He sits on the other side of Molly and smiles at her. He is such a stupid charmer.

“Cam, switch me seats. I can’t sit here all year.” I feel bad for her because her face is already redder than a tomato. I grab my bag.

“These are your new seats, no more switching.” I look at her.

“It’s okay.” She nods at me.

“I have to go get your supplies list. I’ll be back in a few minutes. Talk amongst yourselves but don’t burn down the room.”

“Well she doesn’t seem so bad.” I tell Molly.

“Better than the first few minutes of class.” She agrees.

“Hi, Molly. Hey, Cameron. How was your all’s summer?” Aaron is looking at us and I want to ignore him so bad. Why can’t Molly just fall for a nice guy like me?

“It was great! Wait, you know my name?” Aaron smiles at Molly.

“Of course I do. We’ve gone to the same school for three years. This is our fourth. How was your summer, Cameron?” He is acting like such a nice guy and I hate this.

“It was good. I started a band with my friends.”

“That is so cool! You, Zach, and Michael?”

“Yup, that would be them.”

“That is really cool. Maybe the school will hire you for prom.” It is so hard to hate this guy when he has done absolutely nothing wrong.

“You have no idea how happy that would make me.”

“I can try to make it happen. I'll talk with our student council president closer to time and get you guys the gig.” I am about to thank him when the teacher walks back in.

“Alright, cease your talking. We have a class to start. Senior year is important no matter what people will tell you.” We begin class and I start to think this might be a really good year. The bell rings and it’s time for the next class, math, which I have with Zach and Michael. I reach for my bag when I hear it.

“Hey, Molly, would you like to go out this Friday?” I see Aaron and her talking. No way, he did not just ask her out.

“I would love to, Aaron! I’ll see you in a few days. Oh, here’s my address.”

“Cool, I’ll pick you up at 8. We can get some ice cream or something.”

“Oh, that’s right, you have a big game before. I’ll just go and watch, then we can go from there.” He smiles at her, says something that makes her blush, and walks away.

“Hey, Mol, what was that?” She is grinning so big.

“He just asked me out. I’m going to the game and he said I could be his lucky charm. Cam, I have a date with the guy of my dreams!” She sees Violet and Sydney and runs to tell them.

“How was first hour with Molly?” Zach teases.

“Aaron Ward is in that class and sits on the other side of her. He seemed like a good guy right up until the end of class.”

“What happened?” Michael asks sitting on the other side of Zach.

“The girl of my dreams has a date with the guy of her dreams.” My heart sinks.

*********************************
.