Lucky

NBT

Cameron’s POV:

This is the big day. Today we find out if Allstar makes it big or not.

“Cam, don’t be nervous. You made it this far and remember what I promised you.” Molly kisses me and I think back to our first morning of being married.

“You promised we would win.” I say.

“And do I break my promises?”

“No, my love, you don’t.” She smiles and goes to the audience.

“Guys, this is it. Oh my God, what if we lose? What if we freakin lose?” Zach starts freaking out.

“Dude, calm down. Who cares about that?” Michael is acting so chill right now.

“Guys, Molly promised me we would win and I believe her. We believe our friends, don’t we?” I ask them.

“Yeah, we do. Hey, would it be wrong if I proposed to Sydney after the announcement?” Zach asks.

“No, not at all.” Michael and I say.

“Just make sure fans aren’t around when you do.” I add.

“I’m not that stupid, Cameron.”

“Aren’t you glad I reminded you?” I laugh.

“Thanks.” He laughs, too. Some guy tells us to go onstage.

“It was close between Jonnie and Brookie and Allstar, but there must be one winner.” The announcer says. “The winner is, Jonnie and Brookie!” My heart drops. This was our big chance and it’s over. I see Molly, Sydney, and Violet run from their seats. Zach is devastated and Mikey even looks upset.

“Congrats, you two.” I say and shake their hands. The girls scream and jump. We walk backstage. “We lost.”

“Thanks for the obvious, Cam.”

“Don’t snap at him, Zach. You three did the best you could.” Molly puts her arm around me. “I’m sorry you didn’t win.”

“Excuse me, boys, may I have a word with you?” Some woman in a suit walks up to us. “ I would like to offer you a contract at Hollywood Records.”

“Cam, you guys should take it.” Mom runs back, followed by dad, Anna, and Bridget.

“My brother’s gonna be a rock star!” Vic yells as the Porter’s rush back. Mikey’s family is right behind them.

“So, what do you say?” The woman asks. I look at Molly and she nods. Sydney and Violet do the same.

“We accept!” Zach is grinning and so are Michael and I.

“That’s what I was hoping to hear. We’ll set a meeting later. He’s my card.” She tosses it to Zach and walks off. We all start screaming.

“See, I don’t break my promises, Cam. You guys are gonna be big. Hey, you know winners never make it that far anyways. They get tied down and what not.” She kisses me.

“No, you never break your promises.” I take her hand and we go to the hotel we are staying at for the night.

“Cameron, I think this is an amazing night and we should make it even more amazing.”

“I don’t think there’s whipped cream here. And we don’t really want to trash this place right now.” She raises her eyebrows. “Oh. I get it.”

*******************************************