Lucky

More Than Friends

Cameron’s POV:

I just made the worst mistake of my life. I kissed my best friend when she just had her heart broken. I am so stupid!

“Cameron, there’s someone at the door for you.” Anna yells and I slowly walk over. I swear if Zach and Michael try anything I won't forgive them. Instead Molly is standing there.

“Molly? Look, I’m sorry I was so out of line.” She is still in her dress and she looks so beautiful. She kisses me.

“No, Cam, you weren’t out of line at all. Aaron never loved me, you always have. I was too stupid to notice. Cam, I’ve always loved you, but I could never admit it to myself. I wanted to like who I was supposed to, not who I was destined to.”

“Wait, so you really like me?” I can’t believe what she’s saying.

“Yes, Cam. I believe you have something to do.” She’s smiling and I dry the last of her tears.

“Molly Rowley, will you go out with me tomorrow?”

“I would love to, Cameron. Pick me up around 7?”

“No, around noon. I am taking you surfing.” I grin.

“But I can’t swim!”

“I will teach you. I taught you how to ride a bike, I can teach you how to surf. I’ll pack a lunch for us and we can spend the afternoon out.”

“How are we going to tell the others?”

“All in good time, my dear friend. We are still friends, only we’re dating. Wait for the relationship to build.” I am joking and she knows it.

“Oh, we have a relationship.” She kisses me and leaves.

“Who was that? Oh, Cameron, you have some lipstick on your face.” Mom is laughing. Anna walks in.

“Get some, bro.”

“Anna!” My parents yell, then dad sees.

“Never expected to see that. How much did you pay her?”

“Geoff!” My mom yells and walks out of the room laughing. Bridget starts to come downstairs. “Oh no, you don’t need to witness this. Your brother may have a girlfriend.”

“Good luck, Cam!” She yells as mom carries her back to bad.

“Thanks, Bridget.” There’s a reason she’s my favorite sister.

“So, is Molly going to be your girlfriend?” Anna asks and I know she’s hoping for a yes.

“I hope so. We’re going to take it slow, test out our friendship, and hopefully it’ll become more.”

“Cam, I see that blush. You really love this girl.”

“Anna, I’ve loved her since I could really understand what love is. Since the first time I saw her and knew who we all were.”

“You’ve loved her since you were 14?”

“Yup, right after her 15th birthday.”

“Is it weird? The fact that she’s older than you?” I laugh.

“No, it isn’t. She isn’t that much older. And when you love someone the way I do, it doesn’t matter.”

“My brother is a freaking romantic.” She laughs and goes upstairs.

“So, you two are going to be serious?” Mom and dad make me sit on the couch.

“I don’t know. We love each other, but we haven’t had a date yet. We’re going to be friends, just friends who date. One day I’ll ask her to be my girlfriend and we’ll be friends who are in a relationship. Maybe one day we’ll get married.”

“And you’ll be friends who are happily married.” Mom smiles.

“Exactly.” I say.

******************************************
.