Status: On and off, but will be finished! :3

They Don't Know About Us

Chapter Two: Harry's POV

Harry

I sighed as I looked at the door of the flat all of us were stowing away in. The boys are sure to ambush me, seeing as I disappeared without a word to any of them. I took in a breath of air and started up the stairs, looking left and right before I entered.
Upon my silent entrance, the house greeted me in equal silence. I shrugged off my coat and threw it in the closet, not interested enough to take the time to hang it up properly. I kick off my shoes and formally step into the house.
The floor boards creek under my feet, announcing that I have indeed returned to the house. Yet, there was still not a sound to be heard. One would think that because it is just about past midnight, the boys would possibly be asleep. This could be true for Louis, seeing as he’s now 21 and we went a little wild yesterday, but for the rest of the boys that is not the case. Especially not Niall, he’s too child like to be in bed at this hour.
Turing the corner, I prepare myself for the possible outburst that is just bound to happen. At least one of them is bound to pop out and try to scare the life right out of me. I turn, but nothing happens, so I pause there for a moment, listening.
Nothing.
Hm, how strange, usually this place is as lively as a carnival. What am I thinking? This is just a decoy to get me to let down my guard, so that when they do try and outcast my soul from my body, they succeed.
I will not allow such a thing to happen.
I proceed down the hall and find my room. The lights are off, just like I left them, but the TV was now on. Dashing across the screen was the channel I’d last left it on, but if I recall correctly, that was about three days ago. I flash on the lights, my heart skipping a beat as I realize, if I had moved any more, my face would be touching Zayn’s, and that’d be probably more awkward for me than him, seeing as telling by the grin on his face, he was standing there purely by choice.
“’Ello Zayn, what do you want?” I ask, side stepping him searching for the remote so I could turn off my TV.
“Nothing really, just wanted to be awkward.” He chuckled. I found the remote submerged in the mountain of blanket on my bed and switched the TV off, turning to Zayn. The last thing that clearly came to my head was, ‘Oh shit’ before I was knocked over and trapped on my bed with a fury of blond hair in my face.
I struggled to breathe seeing as I had just had the wind knocked out of my lungs and Niall was clinging onto my torso like a baby monkey. He nuzzled into my chest, prohibiting my oxygen flow even more than before.
“Harry! You’re back!” He exclaimed, clearly oblivious to the fact that he was slowly, yet surely choking me to death. “I thought you got kidnapped by crazy hormonal girls, ranging from the ages thirteen to twenty-three!” I paused and wondered why his numbers where so specific. I shook my head.
“Niall,” I forced out. “I can’t breathe…” He shot up, hovering over me as a gasped for air.
“I’m sorry! I ain’t mean it!” He pouted. I smiled and ran a hand through forest of tangled hair.
“I’s alright.” I assure him. His face lights up like the lights above the crowd on show nights.
“Well, you two enjoy eatin’ each other, while I go rummage the fridge and find Liam.” Zayn announced.
“Why would ‘e be lost?” I wondered, turning my head as I grabbed Niall’s neck and pull him down against my chest. A smirk worked it’s away across Zayn’s face and his scratched his head.
“We’ve been playin’ hide ‘n seek for about an hour now…” He chuckled nervously, glancing out into the hall, probably hoping that Liam wasn’t near to hear the he’d forgotten about him, again.
“You’re horrible.” I laugh. He glares at me and then disappears out into the call way calling ‘I’m coming Liam!’
I laughed and rolled Niall off of me so that I could sit up and strip out of my sweater and be left in my white t-shirt.
“Where’d ya go Harry? That was one long walk.” Niall asked curiously. I shrugged.
“Nowhere really, it was just a walk.” I flopped back on the bed, putting my hands behind my head. Niall looked at me with a glint in his eyes, that same glint that told me he was reading me like a book.
Curses.
“You’re lying.” He smiles. I shake my head and look up at the ceiling.
“No I’m not; I gave you a generalized answer. It wasn’t a yes, nor was it a no.” I tell him.
“I bet it was a girl.” I say, letting me know that he wasn’t going to stop talking about it. It’s alright though. Niall was my best friend, so I trusted him more than any of the guys I share this house with, and I trust them all with my life. Well, except for Zayn, he’s too forgetful. He’d probably get hungry, go eat, and forget that I was dying. I shuddered at the thought, oh the horror. “Is she pretty?” He asks.
“She’s got a wonderful smile.” I tell him, smiling at the memory of how her eyes lit up when I complemented her. Niall scoffed.
“I don’t understand how you can be so trustworthy of those, women lie Harry.” He says sternly snapping his fingers in front of me to get my attention back. I frown and sit up once again, looking him straight in the eye.
“I’m not gullible; I know the difference between lie and truth.” I snap. “Anyway, she’s not like that. He’s sweet and cute and small. She’s got pretty brown eyes that probably couldn’t look any better than in the light of the moon. She’s clumsy and has no sense of direction.” Niall laughed. See, I wasn’t the only one. “Plus she’s American, she’s got a bit of a British accent, but it’s really bad.” I laugh. Niall watches me in amusement and I blink at him.
“Does she know who you are Harry?” He asked, his smirk leaving. I nodded. “How did she act?”
“She just stood in her doorway and smiled at me.” I told him. “She didn’t even look phased.”
“I dunno Harry,” He sighs. “I wouldn’t trust her; she could just be using you.” He warns. I shake my head at him as I remember the look on her face when I took off my glasses. She wouldn’t use me; I can tell by her smile, she’s got no reason to be that kind of person. If she is, gods forbid I trust my heart again.
“No, she can’t, I can tell Niall she’s real.” I assure him. He thinks for a moment, and then smirks at me.
“I can’t wait to meet her then.” He says confidently. I almost encourage him, almost.
Then I thought about it, there’s no telling what would happen to her if this ever got out, if we were to become something, no one knows how people would react. The media could bash our relationship, just because she’s not the same color of skin as I am. Of course, to most people that doesn’t matter, but there is always that one group that forbids it. They think is wrong and disgraceful.
Sure, Niall probably won’t mind, but a topic such as this has never actually come up between all of us. How they’d react was beyond my knowledge, and I was afraid to find out. Sure, I could easily be overreacting and over thinking the whole thing, but I had very right too, right?
“Sure.” I find myself telling him, not really knowing what my mind was thinking at this moment. It seemed to have an independent part that always let me in on the thought after I’ve acted on it without knowing why. Maybe it’s because it knows I have an issue with over thinking things.
“Really? When?” He asks. I shrug, not knowing myself.
“Two weeks’ time, then you’ll get to meet her.” I say, yet again waiting on my mind to catch me up on what it was planning in the deep parts that I never try and venture to.
“Awesome!” Niall exclaims, throwing himself at me and pinning me down yet again to my bed. I laugh at his childlike antics and pat his head.
“Just keep this between us for now.” I warn. He nods and promises me that his lips are sealed.
In the meantime, I have to figure out how to incorporate the topic of mixed relationships into the daily conversations of our lives. I only have two weeks to do so and we’re going to get kind of busy this week, so I was pressed for time.
While I thought up a plan of action Niall and I continued our bromance and spooned each other until I passed out from thinking too hard.
See, I have a thinking problem.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Thanks for reading the second chapter of 'They Don't Know About Us'! I hope you've enjoyed so far! Please comment and let me know what you think!

~Stay pretty~