Little Things

Little Things

I tried to bury my mind further into the book as I sunk further down in the car seat trying to gain comfort. I sighed and turned the page hoping the book would finally distract me from my nerves. Groaning I marked my page and placed my book back into the bag at my feet.

A hand placed itself on my knee making me jump slightly. My boyfriends laugh came from the driver’s seat next to me.

“You need to relax Kat.” Louis voice sounded through the car. I turned my brown eyes to stare at him as he continued to drive the car.

“How am I supposed to relax when I am meeting your mum and all four of your sisters in less than an hour.” I whined. His laughter lit up the car.

“This isn’t funny Louis! What if she hates me!”

“She won’t hate you love!” Louis tried to comfort me while keeping his eyes trained on the road that still held some snow. I sighed and glanced out the window. He wasn’t helping my nerves at all. This was the first time I would meet his family and he thought it was one big joke.

I heard his sigh from next to me before his hand reached up to grab my hand and squeezed it tightly.

“I’m sorry,” He murmured to me glancing away from the road for a moment so his blue eyes could meet my own brown ones before he quickly glanced back. “I’m just trying to say that there is no reason for my mother or my sisters not too like you. I promise.” He said. I sighed and bit my lip, shaking my head.

The car suddenly turned to the left and slowed down as Louis pulled over. I looked over at him surprised. He put the car in park and released the steering wheel.

“I love you.” He said sternly placing his hands on either side of my face so I couldn’t take my eyes away from him. “My family is going to love you. Do you understand me?”

I nodded which earned me a large award winning smile before he pressed his lips to mine. At first the kiss started out soft and slow before he gently pushed his tongue into my mouth instantly deepening the kiss. I sighed happily into it before Louis pulled away, a pout instantly slipped across my face.

“I promised my mum we would be there soon. So I should probably start driving.” He told me, I nodded. He pressed a kiss to my lips quickly before pulling away and setting the car in drive.

“Can I choose the music?” I asked Louis softly. He glanced at me before nodding. I smiled surprised, knowing that he was only allowing me to do that because he wanted to make me happy. Otherwise I wouldn’t be allowed to touch his radio.

I quickly pulled out my phone and connected it to his stereo. I scrolled through the song and instantly settled on the song I wanted.

Your hand fits in mine like it’s made just for me
But bear this in mind, it was meant to be


“You have got to be kidding me!” Louis whined, turning to glare at me. I smiled back happily.

“It calms me down.” I told him shrugging. He sighed before tightening his grip on the steering wheel and allowing me to listen to the rest of the song. I smiled brightly and enjoyed the scenery for the first time since we got in the car.

By the time the song finished Louis turned right and pulled into a driveway. I glanced up in surprise at the house in front of me. My heart beat increased and my hand started to sweat. I heard Louis door shut before mine was suddenly opened allowing the cold air to fill the car. I barely glanced at Louis as I climbed out of the car.

I waited as he grabbed our bags from the back before walking to my side and grabbing onto my hand.

You can’t go to bed without a cup of tea
And maybe that’s the reason that you talk in your sleep.


I turned to Louis confused for a moment as he sung the song in my ear.

“You said it calms you down.” He shrugged at me. I grinned largely at his sweetness and reached up to press a kiss to his lips. He smiled into it and pulled my waist tightly to his.

“Come on. I promise you that they will love you almost as much as I do. Because I mean, it’s impossible for anyone to love you as much as I do.” He winked at me causing a blush to slide across my cheek. He grabbed my hand and began to lead me towards the door.

He pressed a kiss to my cheek for encouragement before turning the doorknob and opening the door. I tucked my brown hair behind my ear and slowly followed Louis straight into the house. He led me through a hallway before turning right and walked through an archway into a living room.

The moment our appearance was made known, shrieks came from every direction as I watched my boyfriend get tackled to the ground by four girls. A smile split across my face while I watched them hold on tightly to their brother as he gripped them back just as tightly.

He had missed them a lot. Even when he tried to act okay, I knew he missed them.

“Girls?” A older ladies voice sounded from another part of the house before she appeared in the archway behind me. I glanced up at her as her eyes slid from the girls to Louis to me. She smiled largely before racing forward and pulling her son up from the ground and against her.

Louis own arms wrapped tightly around her as he held his mother close.

“Kat right?” The eldest girl suddenly said from beside me. I glanced at her surprised by her sudden closeness. From the photos I knew this was Louis eldest sister Lottie. “It’s great to finally meet you!”

In an instant she wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug. I was surprised at first by the action before relaxing slightly and hugging her back. The moment I let go the second eldest girl suddenly pulled me into a hug. This was one Felicite or Fizzy as Louis told me. I hugged her back the same before pulling away.

“I’m Daisy!” One of the twins said tugging on my hand so I crouched down to her height for a hug.

“Me now Daisy! I’m Phoebe!” The other grinned at me largely before placing her small arms around me. I giggled at her cuteness and hugged her as well. She released me and I stood up but she continued to hold my hand.

I glanced up to see Louis eyes on me, a large smile spread across his face. I blushed back darkly.

“Mum this is Kat.” Louis said pulling his mum over to me. I smiled up at her and held out my hand politely. She smiled at me warmly and chuckled.

“Don’t be silly honey.” She said before pulling me into her arms for a hug. I laughed softly and hugged her back.

“She’s much prettier then you said Louis.” Phoebe said to Louis, still holding onto my hand. I glanced towards Louis who winked at me.

“I believe I told you she was the most prettiest girl I’ve ever seen.” Louis said reaching down to pick up Daisy who had been tugging on his shirt.

“She’s the most prettiest girl I’ve ever seen.” Daisy said shyly, hiding her head into Louis neck cutely. I blushed darkly at her.

“Thank you, but I definitely think you’re much prettier.” I told her honestly as poked her side slightly causing a giggle to leave her mouth.

“Now come on girls, go set the table. I’m sure Lou and Kat are hungry from there drive here.” All girls groaned.

“Then afterwards I’ll give you your Christmas presents.” Louis chimed in. Immediately all girls grinned largely before rushing off in the direction of the dining room.

“You can take your stuff up to your room,” Louis mum said waving towards Louis. He grinned, grabbed our bags and winked at me before leaving the room.

“Come sweetie, I’m sure you are starving.” She motioned towards me and linked our arms together, leading me towards the noise of the other girls.

“A little,” I admitted to her. She smiled down at me.

“Sorry for our craziness but the girls have been dying to meet you for ages now. But Louis is always busy or doing something. I’m sure that flat you two share must get lonely while he’s away.” I nodded at her.

“Yeah it does but at least he’s home for Christmas.” I said smiling at her happily.

“You’re more than welcome to spend time here anytime he’s away. I may have just met you but Louis had told me enough about you that I feel like you’re already one of my daughters.” She smiled down at me and placed a kiss to my cheek. I looked at her shocked before smiling largely.

“Thank you!” I said earnestly to her, I had never met anyone so sweet in my life.

“What are you two talking about.” A voice came from behind me as two arms wrapped around my waist.

“Girl business.” Louis mum winked before helping the girls finish setting the table.

“So what do you think?” Louis whispered into my ear sending shivers through my body.

“I love your family.” I told him honestly, spinning around in his arms and pressing a small kiss to his lips.

“And they love you!” He grinned at me before pressing his lips to mine more forcefully and working his tongue through my lips. I smiled and allowed him to explore my mouth.

“Ew mum, Louis doing funny business with Kat.” Daisy’s voice said from beside us. We both glanced down and laughed as she pulled a disgusted face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas Kat! Hope you like it :D