Christmas Angels

Christmas Angels

“Do you need help with that?” A smooth voice asked from behind me. I spun around in surprise and jumped backwards from the strange boy in front of me. Unfortunately as I jumped backwards my back hit the decorated Christmas tree behind me making me slowly fall backwards with it.

A hand suddenly snaked out and wrapped around my waist pulling me up and preventing me from falling into the tree and knocking it the ground. I breathed deeply as my heart rate decreased to its usual pace.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to frighten you.” The stranger’s voice said from above me. I widened my eyes and quickly stepped out of said stranger’s arms.

“Oh good you’ve met Harry.” My roommate Jessica announced walking into our lounge room followed by her long time boyfriend Niall. I glanced between her and Niall before looking back at this Harry, instantly recognising him as one of Niall’s band mates.

“I frightened her.” Harry admitted to them both.

“Who did you think he was, Aubrie, a murderer?” Jess asked me shaking her head.

“Well excuse me for being cautious when a stranger appears in your apartment and you have no idea how or why he is here!” I shot her a glare. She just shook her head at me.

“You broke the angel.” She suddenly said turning to the ground and frowned. I sighed and looked down at the broken angel wing separated from its body. I had been trying to place it on the top of the tree when Harry had startled me.

“Guess I’ll go to the shop and get another one.” I grumbled moving forward to grab my coat from the couch.

“Just leave it for later.” Jess waved me off. I shook my head.

“The tree doesn’t look right without it.” I whined. She laughed at me.

“I’ll go with you.” Harry said suddenly, his green eyes meeting my own brown eyes.

“Sure?” I questioned him slightly and glanced at Jess confused. She just winked at me and made herself comfortable on the couch with Niall.

“Now don’t have too much fun.” Niall winked at both of us making me blush madly. Harry flipped him off and sent me an apologetic look. I smiled back at him softly and headed out of the apartment with him close behind me.

“So I’m Harry.” Harry said holding out his hand after a long pause. I smiled up at him and took his hand.

“Aubrie.” I shook it lightly before letting go and turning left with Harry close behind me.

“Where are we going?” He asked zipping his jacket up to stop the cold getting in.

“There’s a Christmas store just up there.” I pointed out to him as the flashes from the decorated store made itself known.

“Handy.” He acknowledged. I was about to nod back before my foot caught on something slipper and I lost my footing. My head was thrown back as I closed my eyes ready for the impact of my bum hitting the cold hard ground.

The impact didn’t happen however. Instead two arms wrapped around me and kept me steady instead. I opened my eyes and stared up into Harry’s emerald orbs. My breath caught in my throat slightly.

“Thanks,” I said softly.

“My pleasure. Although I’m starting to think you’re falling over on purpose just so I can catch you.” Harry teased me. I rolled my eyes at him and righted myself before stepping out of his arms. He frowned at me slightly.

I carefully turned and began walking the rest of the way to the shop, keeping a close eye on the ground looking for anything slippery. Harry kept up beside me.

“So how do you know Jess?” Harry asked me after some silence.

“We used to be neighbours when we lived at home, so we’ve been friends since we were about 4.” I told him and sighed happily as we entered the warm Christmas shop. I smiled at the guy at the counter before beginning to search the rows of products for the perfect angel to top the tree.

“What about this one?” Harry asked pulling out the most hideous angel topper I had ever seen. I looked at him wide eyed and shook my head quickly. He frowned and put it back before pulling out another one equally as horrible. I glanced from the angel to him a few times deciding whether he was being serious. After a moment a small smile cracked across his features and he let out a chuckle.

A smile instantly split across my face as he put it back and picked out another one.

“No Harry!” I laughed as he continued to pick every horrible angel within the shop.

“Come on, this one is definitely the best.” He cried out thoroughly enjoying himself. I didn’t even glance at the angel, I just grabbed it and put it back on the shelf.

“We’re getting this one.” I laughed at him and held up the angel I had already picked. Harry’s face turned serious suddenly as he glanced up. I looked at him confused.

“Harry?” I asked worriedly. He glanced back down at me and chewed his bottom lip obviously debating something. “What is it?”

“You’re standing under mistletoe.” He admitted to me. I glanced up and blushed darkly as I noticed that someone had indeed hung mistletoe in the Christmas shop.

“Well that’s awkward.” I said placing one foot backwards, prepared to step out from underneath it. Before I could however both of Harry’s hand landed on my hip. I froze on the spot and my eyes met his eyes as he brushed a piece of my black curly hair out of my face.

Then his lips instantly crashed against mine, moulding perfectly together as his thumbs grazed different patterns across my hipbones. I shiver swept throughout my body as his tongue flickered out and swiped across my bottom lip. I easily allowed him in enjoying the feeling of his tongue sliding across my own.

I pull back eventually from lack of breath. Harry lent his forehead against mine and smiled down at me. I bit my lip and smiled back.

“We should uh get back before the other’s think something happened. Harry nodded and pressed a quick kiss to my lips before letting go of my hips. I watched him for a moment before leading the way to the cash register. The guy behind it gave us both knowing smiles before announcing the price of the angel.

“I’ve got it.” Harry said suddenly, handing over the money to the guy before I could protest.

“You don’t have to it’s my angel.” I said quickly.

“Yeah but I made you break it. It’s okay really, I don’t mind.” Harry said and grabbed the bag before leading the way out of the store. I sighed and followed him out. We walked along in silence for a while before I decided to break it.

“I don’t uh normally just kiss boys I barely know all the time.” I admitted awkwardly. Harry stopped in his tracks and glanced down at me.

“Do you think I just kiss girls that I barely know all the time?” He asked me softly, I shrugged, not being able to meet his eyes.

“I don’t. Normally the first date sure. But not before that.” Harry told me. I glanced up at him confused at what he was getting at. “So to make up for it, I was thinking I could maybe take you on a date?” Harry looked at me pleadingly. I smiled largely and nodded at him. He smiled back at me and reached forward to press a quick kiss to my lips.

I looked at him shocked when he stepped back.

“Sorry but you’re just too adorable not to kiss.” He said before grabbing my hand and walking back the rest of the way to the apartment.

“About time you guy’s got back. Santa’s already been.” Jess grumbled at us before a smirk slipped across her face as she noticed our joined hands.

“Shut up.” I muttered at her the moment she opened her mouth to add more. She cackled gleefully. I rolled my eyes and took the angel from Harry and headed towards the tree.

I reached up to place the angel on the tree. I reached as far as I could on the tips of my toes, before Harry suddenly appeared behind me. With one arm resting on my hip, the other hand reached up and plucked the angel from my hand and placed it on the tree for me. I smiled at him gratefully.

He winked down at me before pressing another sweet kiss to my lips and backing away. Heat washed over my cheeks as Niall and Jess shared knowing looks.

I couldn’t help but love the magic of Christmas Tree angel toppers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas! I hope you like it :D