Jaws On The Floor

Reckless

When she wakes up, it feels like any other morning on the bus. She rolls out onto the floor, and bumps that same spot on her arm (where she's certain there is a bruise from the amount of times she's landed in that same position), and it's only when she reaches the kitchen and sees the boys all dressed and ready that she realizes she's forgotten something.

"FUCK!" Candice screams, rushing back into her room and pulling out the first things her hands touched from her wardrobe, immediately getting dressed. "What time is it?" She shouts, hopping about on one foot so she can pull on her Doc Martens.

"1:45." Replies Alex, who had appeared at the door and was chuckling at the sight of his friend yanking a brush through her bed hair with a toothbrush in her mouth.

"Fuck." She repeats, spitting out toothpaste with the word.

"Classy."

"You know it."

Their slot in the festival was at 2:15, and they hadn't even practiced today. "Why didn't you wake me up?" Candice asks, shooting a death glare towards Alex and Adam, who had joined his friend at the door and also seemed to find the sight of her intriguing.

"I don't know, someone put food on the table and I guess we kind of forgot about you..." Admitted Adam, who rose his eyebrows and shrugged. She simply clenched her teeth and growled quietly as she kicked aside the clothes that were covering her jacket. After making sure her long curly hair looked okay, she stuck some gum into her mouth and sauntered out the room to the kitchen once again.

"Thanks for leaving me food, guys." She muttered sarcastically, taking in the pile of empty plates in the sink. After finishing off the orange juice from the fridge, she opened the door of the bus and stepped out into the morning light, flinching slightly at the sun. "Hurry the fuck up!" Candice shouted over her shoulder, hearing the boys run a walk a bit faster. She was kind of amazed that she had only woken up 10 minutes ago and she was ready before them.

Alex was the first out, followed by Adam and finally Jake, who socked her in the shoulder as greeting. "Morning to you too, you stressy bitch." He laughed, and elbowed him in response, laughing along with him.

"Are we just gonna set up then, and miss out practice?" Asked the ever oblivious Alex.

"No, we're gonna fit in both in the 15 minutes we have before we go on stage." Answered Adam, and Alex whacked him round the head.

She laughed at how violent they all were.

Looking around, she saw the few bands that had been granted the honour of performing at Trashed Tour 2013, most of which were sitting around in deck chairs, lounging in the sun. A few waved at her, and she waved back, shouting a 'hey!' when she saw Jack Barakat, the guitarist of All Time Low, who she'd bonded with over the past week.

They made their way through the back entrance of the Main Stage, passing a few familiar faces, and entered their dressing room. Candice, Alex and Adam immediately sat down with their guitars and started making sure they were tuned correctly, while Jake sat tapping his drumsticks together awkwardly.

"Run through the set list again?" Asked Candice to the drummer, who jumped up and began reading out the list, thankful for something to do. She silently repeated each song, letting the order imprint into her mind - even though she already knew it off by heart.

The stage manager opened the door. "5 minute warning." Then, he left without another word, and Alex shouted after him "LEARN TO KNOCK, MOTHERFUCKER."

They all chuckled at their friend, but then it seemed to kick in that they were about to play a set and they all jumped up, pushing and shoving to get to the door first. Candice raced out and nearly knocked over a scared looking crew member, who she smiled apologetically at then ran past. She was the first to reach the wings, but Alex quickly followed, and even from all the way down the corridor they could hear Adam and Jake bickering.

"Hey look, it's the Unwanted. Have I mentioned how true your name actually is?" Said an annoyingly familiar voice from behind her.

"Once or twice, yeah, Josh. You really need to think up some better insults. That one's getting old." She spun to face the lead singer of You Me At Six, who surprisingly wasn't surrounded by the other members.

"Good luck with your set." He smirked, flashing his white teeth. "And by that, I mean that I hope you forget your lines or something."

Candice scoffed disbelievingly. "What are you, 5? That was shit, babe, I expected better from you."

She heard the uproar of the audience as the bands name was announced over the speakers, and she turned again to face the (still) smirking band member. "The fans are calling, honey. See you later!" She smiled nastily, slung her guitar over her shoulder and ran out into the middle of the stage; the only place she could ever call home.