Jaws On The Floor

Underdog

"TRASHED TOUR ARE YOU READY TO FUCKING ROCK?" She screams, feeling her throat ache from all the shouting she'd done so far. She hate how cliché the line was, but when you were on stage, you said what felt right.

To Candice, there was nothing better than performing; the rush you get when you finish a song, the shaking ground beneath your feet, and most of all, the voices of every member of the audience screaming lyrics back to you; lyrics you've written. There was nothing in the world that could top that.

"THIS IS MONSTER!" (A/N In this story, I'll just be using other bands' songs as Unwanted's songs because I'm hopeless at lyrics omg. This is Monster by Paramore.) She shouted, grinning at the screams the audience replied with.

"You were my conscience
So solid, now you're like water
And we started drowning
Not like we'd sink any farther..."

She sang, feeling thankful that her voice kept all the way through and didn't crack even once. When she got to the chorus, she sang "I'll stop the whole world, I'll stop the whole world..." but then stopped singing and held the microphone out to the audience, wanting to hop around and scream when they sang the next lyrics back to her in perfect time. Before she was part of the band and went to concerts as a simple audience member, she always enjoyed those moments the best; singing as one with everyone else. It was amazing that the words they were singing came from her.

When the set was done, the whole band stood and the front holding hands. It was a tradition they had, bowing after every gig, and for some reason they always stood in the same order - Jake, Alex, Candice, Adam.

"You've been amazing, thank you!" Candice called to the audience, her ears ringing from the audience's response. After bowing twice, as they always did, the 4 friends ran offstage, where they then celebrated another success.

"THAT WENT SO FUCKING WELL!" Screamed Alex, bringing Candice into a sweaty bear hug which they all ended up joining in on.

"Yep, it did. It went amazing. But please go and take showers, you all stink." She laughed, smacking Alex jokingly on the arse before racing down the hall to her dressing room so she could take one too.

But sometimes, people just don't want life to be easy.

"That went pretty well tonight." Josh said, from his position on her sofa, she noticed with distaste. Her sofa. In her dressing room.

"...But?" She said, when he didn't say anything more.

Josh smiled, which was a weird sight for her. "But nothing. I was just commenting that it went well."

Candice had no idea how to respond. She was used to bitchy replies and growls whenever Josh spoke, but compliments were new to her.

"Thanks?"

"Although, you did slip up during Ignorance." He commented, smirking once again.

She rolled her eyes, annoyed that he had to ruin the one mildly nice moment they'd ever had together. "God, Franceschi, get out of here." She told him, as she bent over to pick up a magazine that had somehow made its way onto the floor.

"Do you annoy people as a hobby, or is that just your personality?"

"Looks like someone's getting their sass on today." She mocked, groaning as she noticed that he hadn't moved from his spot on the couch; and he also looked quite at home there. Stepping behind him, she whacked him round the head with the rolled up magazine, knowing anything that touched his hair would annoy him; she may hate the guy, but she knew how much he loved his hair.

"Get the fuck out of here, Fran. And don't forget to take your massive ego with you." He turned around from his place on the couch and winked at her, his hands in his hair as he furiously tried to get it back to normal.

"You love my ego."

"I'd love it more if I couldn't see it." She commented, as if Josh were stupid. She tried to look as though she was doing stuff by tidying up and moving things about, but because everything was so neat, there wasn't much to sort. "Seriously, Fran, could you just leave? I need to shower."

"I know you need to shower, I can smell you from here." He said, the poor insult sounding weak.

"I swear you get more immature every time you open your mouth. Here's an idea; how about you don't anymore? Not just fucking leave, alright? I'm in a good mood, and I don't want to spoiling it."

She was expecting some cocky remark, but, to her surprise, Josh simply stood up, tipped his head at Candice, and left the room slowly and calmly.

After a few moments of standing and staring at the closed door, she murmured to herself, "What the fuck was that?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeeeah, sorry it's so short.