Jaws On The Floor

Loverboy

CANDICE POV (woooooo)

As I stood in the shower, letting the water sooth my aching muscles, I fell into a sort of trance as I watched the stream of water slide onto the ground and straight down the drain. While I was in my dreamland, for some reason I thought about Josh.

We had met when we were 14, the first day of school. He had walked into me, I had apologized, he had apologized and we had both gone in different directions. Later on, it happened again, only this time I walked into him. We had shared a look and laughed it off, as people would do. But then later on, I had walked into class and tripped over someones leg; when I looked up, I saw the familiar blue eyes that I'd seen twice already that day.

He'd apologized, and said it was an accident - which, for the record, it was - and I sat next to him that day, because he had moved from a school up North, in Surrey, and didn't know anyone other than me. From then on, we became friends. Best friends, even. We had so much in common, it was weird. We liked all the same things, could both sing, play guitar and write music and had the same bitter outlook on life.

When we were 17, I found a friend in Alex. Then, Alex overheard me singing and told me that he and some friends were starting a band and he wanted me to be the lead singer. After an awkward 'audition' that consisted of me singing some shitty pop song, they accepted me into the band and I immediately took a liking to them all. But I still hung out with Josh whenever I could, up until he stopped talking to me much. I learnt from someone or other that he'd also joined a band, and was constantly spending time with his band members.

We never hung out then, and we sort of drifted a part. School ended, we both went seperate ways, and I never expected to have anything to do with him again; until Unwanted started getting big and I recognized the name 'You Me At Six'. Meeting him again was awkward, to put it lightly, and soon I discovered that he wasn't the same boy I knew in school and all that cliché stuff, and I immediately disliked him for some reason.

I didn't know that I'd have to deal with his sassy bitchiness all the time.

But in the end, I did.

And now, he wasn't the person I used to know; he was a dick, and although his band members were slightly less fucking annoying and dick-ish, they were pricks too. You Me At Six as a whole annoyed the crap out of me, with their good music and good faces and popularity and stuff. Without YMAS around, Unwanted would be top of the top. But instead, we were forced to act friendly and close, for the cameras - 'because the public like you guys together.'

So our bands were bff's, and Josh and I had to act friendly. In fact, recently, we were being asked by our managers to be more than friendly, to talk and act close and whisper and the entire fake friendship thing made me want to throw up. But it looked good in magazines if the lead singers of 2 of the biggest bands in the industry were friends, apparently.

I turned the shower off and stepped out, wrapping a towel around my wet body and opening the door. After picking some clothes from the wardrobe, I dropped the towel and got dressed, then grabbed my headphones and plugged them into my phone, settling into the familiar comfort of Green Day and Blink-182.

JOSH POV

She frustrated me to no end. Every step she took and every word she spoke literally made me want to tear my hair out, but no matter how many times I was asked, I could never actually tell anyone why. And I'd thought about the question enough times on my own, and I could never come up with an answer.

But I knew there must be one, because why would I hate someone without a real reason? There was obviously some sort of hatred deep within both of us, because I knew for a fact that she hated me just as much as I hated her.

As I listened to the calming melody of Stomach Tied In Knots, I stood up from the couch in my own dressing room (which seemed so different to Candice's scarily messy one) and stood over the box in the corner, stuffed full of all my CDs. I picked a handful up, and scanned through them; there was a Blink one, Sleeping With Sirens, and, right at the bottom, Unwanted's second album.

I wasn't even ashamed to admit to myself that I loved their music. It was similar to my own, in You Me At Six, and Candice had a great voice. But I hated her as a person, and I hated the rest of the band, and I'd never admit my love for their music to anyone else.

As I placed the CD's back into the box, I heard a piercing scream from the alley outside where my dressing room was. Jumping up quickly and running out the door, I didn't even pause to grab my jacket; I just ran to where the sound came from. My heart was beating so quickly, and even though I had no idea what was happening, I knew it was bad.

I raced past the main stage, and pretty soon I was nearing the end of the alley. Running round the corner, I came across something I never expected.

Candice, kneeling on the ground with some man holding her head up by the hair, blood rushing from her nose and scratches all over her arms.

Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it was shit and short.