Status: On a Break... Searching for Inspiration

He Never Knew

Chapter 14

Ashley and I left lunch together and she walked me to my next class. Her class was right next door to mine, so it wasn't like she had to walk far. At least there's only an hour left until I get to go home. Unfortunately, during that hour I'll have to be in math.

Devon told me that during math class, since he had it first period, we would be working on a project. And we have to be in partners. However, I liked no one in that class. Well... That's not true. It's just nobody in that class liked me.

Ashley walked me to the door and said, "Bye bye, buddy. I'll text you when I get home, 'kay?"

I hugged her small frame to my side and smirked. "Yeah, yeah. You say that all the time and then you never do." I stuck my tongue out at her.

She gasped and faked her hurt. "I am wounded. I text you all the time! You're just too busy talking to Nathan to even notice me."

"Oh, please! I barely use my phone. You're the one too busy texting your boyfriend." She went to hit me in the back of the head but she missed as I ducked into the classroom. I giggled and went to my seat.

"Okay, class, settle down." Everyone scurried to get to their seats so Ms. Newman wouldn't yell. "Good. So today, and for the rest of the week, we will be working on a project." The class moaned in disbelief and Ms. Newman frowned. People these days are lazy. Get used to it, Ms. Newman. "Oh, quit your whining. You'll be working in partners. And I'll even be nice enough to let you choose who you would like to work with. Since there's an even amount of children in the room, everyone will have a partner. Keyword being 'A' partner. I don't want to see groups of three. Got it?"

The class mumbled a "yeah" in unison. The teacher smiled and told us to get to work. Well, here goes the dreadful process of finding someone who would actually work with me...

Before I even had the chance to look around the room, Alex slid his desk over to mine, nearly giving me a heart attack. He smiled and looked at me from the corner of his eye.

"Uh... What're you doing?" I asked him. It's not like we were friends. I mean, I had nothing against Alex besides that one day where he practically assaulted me. "Shouldn't you go work with one of your friends? I'll just work with Nancy."

"Well, being that you're HORRIBLE in this class, I figured I could get you an easy A." All I did was sit there uncomfortably. "Besides, Nancy already has a partner so looks like you're stuck with me." He smirked and patted me on the shoulder.

"Are you even good at math?" I asked him in shock. I really didn't want to have to work with Alex. I would've asked the teacher if I could work by myself but then he had to come along.

He puffed his chest out and smiled. "Yup. Best grade in the class." Wow. Cocky much?

I decided to just face the inevitable and work with Alex. Ms. Newman walked around the class, talking with each group and writing down who was working with who. The project had to do with angles and measurements and lines and numbers and more numbers and... math.

I honestly had no idea what we were doing.

I stared at the paper with the project instructions on it, trying to comprehend what was going on. My brain hurt.

Alex looked over at me and could probably tell I was having a hard time. He laughed and asked, "Do you have any idea of what we're doing?"

I glared at him and shook my head. "Basically, all we have to do is find ten objects that are triangles that we use in every day life. Then we just measure them, which is easy, and turn this piece of paper in. Cake." He said with a small shrug.

How are we supposed to get this done? There aren't any triangular objects in school. Well, none that I could think of at the moment.

"Oh, class," Ms. Newman started, "it would probably be a good idea to get the phone number of your partner. In case you get stuck on something. And also, maybe go over each other's houses to work. Just some advice."

This is gonna be a long week.
♠ ♠ ♠
School is kicking some serious ass right now... I would love to update everyday but, sadly, I can't. I'm sorry guys.

Thanks to:

ZombieBoobz
bxgurl95
RedRomRomance
Katherine-Lynn
Sarcastically Blunt
n3n3j0y9

for commenting!

If any of you watch Dance Academy, leave a comment saying you do. Because I need to vent my feelings. D': (Also, Tom Green - the dude who plays Sammy - tweeted me and I got super excited. :3)

And I hit 200 readers! Thanks to everyone who has read this. (:

[1/11/2013]