Status: On a Break... Searching for Inspiration

He Never Knew

Chapter 17

Since Ashley was absent again today, I had to walk to math class solo. I hope she's feeling alright. I heard the flu is spreading around. I'll give her a call later and maybe bring her some soup. That's what a good friend does, right?

I walked into class only to be dragged to the back of the room by Alex. Ugh. I did not want to deal with his BS already. Today was not going all that well. I didn't get to eat breakfast because I woke up late again, so I was starving. And I totally forgot about my history project that was due today. Guess I'll have to do it over the weekend.

"Alright, today we'll just mess around and relax. I'm still going to your house, right?" Alex poked me in the shoulder. Repeatedly. Since he had boney fingers, it hurt.

I sighed. "Yeah, I guess. But I have so much crap to do, I wanna get as much done as possible in school."

"Well, I don't know how much that's going to be, considering I don't have any pizza at the moment." He rolled his eyes.

"Hey!" I glared at him. "You have to admit, pizza is a triangle. And it was the only thing I could think of at the time."

He chuckled at that and looked away from me. He shook his head and turned back around. "Okay, fine," he starts, "I guess we'll just think of triangles all period. Sounds fun, huh?" Alex smirks and looks at me from the corner of his eye. I just roll my eyes and sigh. Him and his corny jokes... "Ugh." Alex grumbles. "C'mon, Miles, I'm just trying to be funny. You would look so much better with a smile on that pretty face of yours."

I sigh again and force a smile. "Happy?" I ask, letting my facade fall once again. Math is math, it's no time to be "happy." I'm only here because I'm forced to be, doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy it.

He pouts a bit but looks satisfied. "Well, I was until you started frowning again."

I tried not to roll my eyes, I really did, but it happened anyway. I honestly can't control my body. It just does whatever it wants to do. "Whatever." I realized I was whining like a brat, but I didn't care. I think that's the only way to actually get through to Alex. Annoy him enough and he'll give you what you want. "Can we just get started, please? We've already wasted, like, 15 minutes."

~End of Class~

Alex and I finally got 10 triangles (they were all dumb, might I add) and we were now walking towards our lockers. I didn't understand why he was still walking with me, considering his locker is on the other side of the school, but I didn't question it. We stopped talking a couple of minutes ago and now it was just an awkward silence.

"Well, my locker is down that hall, so I'll see you," I said as I started making a left. The silence was becoming unbearable and I just wanted to leave. I don't know, but somehow Alex seemed to make things awkward without anything even having to be said. His presence in general was just uncomfortable. In my opinion, at least.

As I was about to turn, Alex suddenly livened up and grabbed me by my wrist. I had a sudden sense of deja-vu. "I'll see you in the parking lot, though. Make sure you don't leave without me, haha."

I glared at him. "Wouldn't dream of it. Now let me go." Where this sudden source of confidence came from, I couldn't tell, but I was done with Alex pushing and pulling me. Although he didn't look as threatening as he did last time he grabbed me, I wasn't taking any chances with him. He let go of my arm quickly, which I was grateful, and blushed. He chuckled and mumbled a quick apology, then walked away. To his locker if I'm not mistaken.

I walked the rest of the way to my dented locker and grabbed whatever the hell I needed. Hopefully the car ride won't be this dreadful.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't been updating this... I've kind of lost interest for it, but sometimes I feel like writing and yeah... this happens. So enjoy. (:

Thanks to:

resplendently
Sarcastically Blunt
bxgurl95
wo0two0t789
UnicornVenom
MCRmyisnotokay

for commenting!

[4/25/2013]