Status: On a Break... Searching for Inspiration

He Never Knew

Chapter 18

After hurriedly grabbing the things from my locker, I booked it out of the building. Bratty students pushed passed me and I tried to keep my balance. Be a little more careful next time, idiots. Usually I'm a nice person but... just not today. Everything that could go wrong has. Hopefully nothing will go wrong while in the car with Zak and Alex... Then again, nothing ever goes my way.

I flung the main doors open and jogged down the steps. After being in that dungeon for six hours, the light outside made me feel like I was standing on the sun. I squinted and put my hand in front of my face to shield my eyes. I looked for my brother's shiny car and spotted it in the far corner of the school's parking lot. And why in the world did he have to park so dang far away? Doesn't he know I'm too lazy to walk?!

I sighed and started on my trudge over there.
...
The ground is starting to hurt.

When I was almost to the car, Zak gave me an award winning smile and opened the car door for me. "Aw, look how nice you're being Zakie-poo." I joked and stood by his side, purposely not sitting in the car.

"Hey it's my little bro-bro! How ya doin? How was school? Good? Okay, great, well lets get home," he nervously chuckled and tried pushing me into the front seat of the car.

I put my hands on the hood of the car to prevent me from going in. "Wait, wait. You know we have to wait for Alex to get his pathetic behind out here." He chuckled again and kept trying to push me into the car but with more force this time. "Zak! Stop it!" I slapped his hand away and he looked to the ground with a slight blush dusting over his cheeks. I heard him mumbled some type of an apology. "Wait. You're not nervous are you?" I faked a gasp.

His head shot up. "Nervous? Nervous for what? To see that jackass of a 'friend' and have him spread more rumors about me? Or should I be nervous that he'll be in the same house as me, in my baby brother's room? Because if that's the case, then he should be the one that's nervous." By the time Zak was done with his spiel, his face was red and he was breathing heavily. I gave him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder and he sighed. "I'm sorry. I know I'm supposed to be nice to him and everything but.. It's hard, you know?"

"I know but please try. For me?" I goofily smiled up at him. He laughed and ruffled my hair playfully. Zak stared at me and have me a half smile that was soon wiped away. He stared behind me and sighed again.

"Well I guess it's time for hell, huh?" He mumbled under his breath as he walked to the front of the car. I turned around and saw Alex cautiously walking towards us.

"Miles. Zak. Hi." Alex says slowly. I gave a half hearted wave and Zak didn't even acknowledge him. We all went into the car and I decided to sit in the back with Alex. I just didn't want him to feel uncomfortable. And I could feel my brothers anger radiating off of him.

Most people accepted Zak back almost right away. However some people still believed the gay rumors were true, which they weren't, and totally excluded him from their groups. I don't see the big deal! So what if people think you're gay? That's not a bad thing. I don't understand why Zak got soooo worked up about it. I mean, yeah, if one of my best friends spread ANY rumor about me, I would be mad. I mean, how could a friend do tha-

"Shit." I was pulled out of my thoughts by the car jerking suddenly. I whacked my head on the side of the door.

"Ow! Watch it, Zak!" I moaned and rubbed the back of my head.

"Whoa, careful buddy, I don't wanna die today," Alex chuckled and I could see Zak glare at him through the rear view mirror. Alex patted Zak on his shoulder jokingly and I could tell Zak was seething.

"Look 'buddy,' I don't want you touching the seats of my car, never mind-"

"Hey! Turn up the radio, I love this song!" I shouted as I started to dance in my seat and sing along with the words to be honest, I don't even know what song this is but I don't care. Alex giggled and joined my dumb dance movements while Zak rolled his eyes.

It's okay, another 5 minutes and we'll be home, Miles. Then I get to hang out with Alex in a room all by myself.

Like I said, nothing ever goes my way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally an update! I was in the mood to write, so here it is.
And also, 95 SUBSCRIBERS?!? That's insane. I'm sorry for the long waits, guys.

Ps: if anyone would like to send me pictures for what you think the characters would look like, message me them! I'll pick the ones I like the most and use them.

Thanks to:

bxgurl95
Sarcastically Blunt
taiga aisaka

for commenting!
[5/29/2013]