Status: On a Break... Searching for Inspiration

He Never Knew

Chapter 6

I was never the one for school gossip. I really could care less about what was happening with the student body. All anyone ever had to say was "OMG! Sarah deff lost her V-card to Joe" or "someone got a BJ behind the library." Did I need to know that? No. Did I want to know that? HELL no.

However, when gossip had to do with my brother, I figured I should know about it. I know he would never do the same for me, but I'll be the bigger person.

"Bro, there's a rumor going around that your brother is ga-" Devon was interrupted by my laughter.

"Were you going to say gay? Because I know - with all my heart - that my brother is NOT gay." I chuckled quietly again.

"That's not what I've been hearing..." Devon held his hands up. "I heard that he went on a date with Tiffany last night."

I thought about it and put a finger to my chin. "Well... He did tell me he was going on a date. But he didn't say who with."

"It was probably Tiffany. Stop interrupting me! Anyway, I heard that they were planning to... you know." He started blushing randomly. He rubbed at the back of his neck and stared at anything but me.

I was extremely confused at this point.

"I know what?" I asked him. I tried to figure out what he was saying. Then, it finally clicked. "OH!"

He stared at me for a couple seconds to see if I understood what he meant. He nodded furiously. "Yeah, they were going to do... that, but your brother couldn't get it up."

I giggled again at Devon's choice of words. After being thrown in the garbage can, I really needed a good laugh today, and he sure delievered. "Maybe he just... Didn't want to have sex last night?" Devon looked uncomfortable by the word "sex." He was one of those people who didn't believe in having sex before marriage, which is a good thing, I suppose. "I mean, he seemed pretty nervous when he left the house. It's a possibility that he genuinely likes her, right?"

He scoffed and said, "Yeah, I guess. But it's YOUR brother. Zak. He doesn't just pass up sex." He stuttered a little bit while saying that last word. "Maybe he finally realizes that he likes penis."

After he said that, I couldn't stop laughing for the life of me. Today just kept getting better and better. "He's... Not... Gay..." I said, taking a breath between each word. I wiped a tear from the corner of my eye. "Trust me. He gives me a hard time for being gay, he can't be gay himself."

"You never know, Miles. But hey, it's just what I heard." He held his hands up in surrender.

We walked out of the locker room together, parting ways to go to separate classes. I continued to laugh all the way to my next period.

Zak couldn't be gay, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is short but I felt like I should post it today. Make sure you read chapter 5!
(BTW, I hope you all know what I meant when I said "he couldn't get it up")
...boner.

[12/22/2012]