Status: On a Break... Searching for Inspiration

He Never Knew

Chapter 7

(Zak's POV)

As I walked through the hallways, I couldn't help but notice the extreme amount of whispers and stares being directed at me.

'What did the little fag do now?'

I shrugged everyone off and tried to ignore them. It was probably about Miles getting beat up again, and the fact that I didn't come to his rescue. Mostly everyone at school knew i resented my brother. They don't know why though. They thought it was because I'm a homophobe and can't stand to be near him. Although the last part is true, I'm not a homophobe. I'm not that much of an asshole. Plus, I even have some friends who are gay. I have nothing against gays. Only one gay in particular.

I won't go into detail about what Miles did to make me hate him so much. Hell, he probably doesn't even know what he did to make me hate him so much. Let's just say, because of what Miles did, I lost someone whom I loved dearly.

Anyway, enough with the sob story.

I went into the locker room to go put my gym bag away. Standing next to his locker, I saw my friend Alex.

I smirked at him and tried to give him a brofist. He looked at me like I had three heads.

"What are you doing in here, princess?" Alex questioned in a harsh tone. He crossed his arms over his chest and pressed himself closer to his locker.

I looked behind me to see if he was talking to someone else. "Alex? Dude, it's me. Zak. What are you talking about?" I took a step closer to him but he backed even further away. If that was possible.

"I'm talking about you being queer and therefore, can no longer associate with me." He sounded like a pompous jerk. A pompous jerk who's face was going to be smashed in in about two seconds.

"What the fuck? Do you have me confused with someone? Because last time I checked, I wasn't gay."

"Well, when was the last time you checked? As of this morning, everyone thinks you're gay. So get away from me." I was expecting him to hold up the sign of the cross any second now.

What's so wrong about being gay? I mean, I'm not. But still.. There's nothing wrong with it. You love who you want to love. And you should be able to do that without anyone judging you.

"What do you mean "everyone thinks I'm gay"? I did little air quotations around 'gay.'

He stared at me incredulously. "What? Can gay people not understand English now?" I rolled my eyes at his stupidity. "Because of your little... event last night with Tiffany, everyone is getting the feeling that you, sir, are gay."

My blood ran cold and my heart froze for a second. How did people know about that?

I turned away from Alex and continued doing what I was doing. Why would my bestfriend believe a rumor? A rumor that wasn't in any way positive about me. Maybe I should be more careful picking my friends.

After locking my locker, I flung the locker room door open and walked out.

Guess who I saw? A blonde airhead surrounded by a flock of people. She saw me coming out of the door and her face broke out in an evil grin. I guess I know now who started the rumor. Some girlfriend, huh?

"Hey, guys." She was talking to the people around her, but was staring directly at me. "Look at Zak the Queer."

Her group of followers all laughed and walked away with her, leaving me blushing angrily in the dust. If she weren't a girl, I swear I would beat the crap out of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure if I like writing in Zak's point of view or not. I thought I should give it a try and have you all know what he's thinking about!
Expect a chapter every once in a while to be in Zak's pov, though.
ALSO, in chapter 10 I tell you what Miles did to make him hate him.. It's nothing too huge though.
Thank you for reading!

[12/23/2012]