Status: Actively active!

The Pop Star and the Twin

Roommates and Birthdays

“Rory!!”

Ahh… What a wonderful way to wake up in the morning. After staying up way too late last night having an all-out Harry Potter marathon hearing my lovely roommate’s screeching voice isn’t exactly an enjoyable thing. I’d probably compare it to giving birth to a 500 pound cat.

“Rory!!” No I’d probably rather give birth to a 500 pound cat.

“Rory, wakey wakey wakey eggs and bakey” my roommate Abigail cooed.

“What do you want you insufferable human” I manage to groan out in question.

“Today is the day where all of our dreams will come true. Today is the day when I will meet my future husband and he will be so enticed with me that we shall have a wedding right then and there” Abigail recites dramatically from her place on top of my bed.

I finally admit defeat and crack my eyes open to see Abigail ,or Abby as she demands to be called, prancing around in her Star Trek boxers and her three sizes too bigLove is good shirt. I guess I’m not one to judge seeing as I’m decked out in Star Wars footie pajamas.

“What day is it today” I ask sitting up on my bed after pushing Abby off it.

“May 19th” Abby smirks.

“I’m finally eighteen!!” I scream throwing off my blankets and tackle her to the floor.

“Oh, really I never would have known” Abby retorts trying to keep the smile off her face.

“ We have to get ready, go out and do something outrageous like get totally pissed at some bar and then go get eloped in Timbuktu” I suggest already flinging clothes out of my wardrobe.

“It’s barely 8 in the morning” Abby laughs getting up from the floor.

I glare at her the best I can. “You suck”

Still laughing Abby walks out of my room whistling show tunes. I swear she was dropped numerous times as a child. Smiling I decide to pop into the shower for a quick wash. Although I can’t resist the urge to call up my brother who’s not only my only sibling but who is also my twin.

“Ello…” a voice answers groggily.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. YOU LOOK LIKE A MONKEY AND YOU SMELL LIKE ONE TOOOOOOO” I scream out in a high pitched tone. I hear a loud thud and lots of swearing.

“Damn it Rory it’s too early for this’’ My lovely brother Bri retorts.

“I just wanted to wish my favorite brother in the whole wide world a happy birthday” I say innocently. Well as innocently as one can do while hysterically laughing.

“I’m your only brother” I don’t have to see him to know he’s rolling his eyes and asking god why he has me for a sister.

“Doesn’t make my comment anymore sentimental. Anyhow what are you up to on this fine day?”

“Well I was going to sleep in this morning but it seems my considerate twin has other plans. So the question is what do you want to do?” Bri sighs into the phone. Which doesn’t deter me at all.

“Well I wouldn’t want to push my company on you” Ignoring when Bri snorts “But it is our 18th birthday so I wanted to know if you would like to go get some coffee and a quick breakfast before all the festivities commence” I ask brightly.

“I know if I say no you’ll just come over and annoy until I say yes. So… give me fifteen minutes. I’ll go pick you up.” His voice now more cheery like he knows he won’t win so he’s thrown in the towel and decided to give in.

“Alrighty little Bri Bri” Hanging up before he could think to protest.

Humming a bit too myself I grab a towel and my shower radio and waltz in the bathroom ready to shower. Turning on the water and making sure it’s just right.

“I was out of you league. And you were 20,000 underneath the sea." I sang outloud.

“Somebody please put that dying cat out of its misery” Abby groans from outside the bathroom door.

“Oh shut it” I yell out getting out of the shower. Wrapping a fluffy towel around my body and hair I exit the bathroom running right into Abby. Causing us both to fall to the ground with me on top of her.

We look at each other for a split second before busting out laughing. Finally calming down minutes later I get up and put my hand out for Abby.

“We’re absolutely insane aren’t we Abs” I ask Abby after tightening my towel.

“Your just realizing this” she responds.

Sending her a big smile I walk to my room and open up my wardrobe. Shifting through some of my clothes I decide on a cute beige dress and my favorite black TOMS.

“Abby do you still have my leather jacket” I question after putting on my clothes.

“Yeah… about that leather jacket” Abby begins as she walks into my room.

“What did you do!” I exclaim putting down the eyeliner I was using.

“ Well you remember when I told you I got completely plastered? Well I got here late and ummm.. I kind of puked all over it…” Abby admits trailing off slowly.

I just look at her with my mouth open in shock.

“Abby I am totally going to suffocate you with your memory foam pillow while you sleep” I say in a deathly calm voice.

“So, anyways what you up to” Abby asks perching herself on the end of my bed. Shaking my head at her I finish up my makeup and towel-dry my hair.

“I’m going out to eat breakfast with Brighton” I acknowledge with a bit of annoyance.

“Hmmm… is he coming by?” she asks innocently.

“Yes but you don’t get to talk to him” I answer as I braid my hair to the side.

“Why not” Abby whines.

“Because your creepy obsessed with him” I say bopping her on the nose before exiting my room. She follows me grumbling how he has nice hair and smells manly.

She finally stops when she hears a knock on the door. I look at her and she looks at me. I run towards the door a split moment before she does. Grabbing my bag I open and shove Bri out of the way before slamming the door in Abby’s face.

“Abby?” Bri questions with an amused look.

“Lets just go” I breath already halfway to the elevator. Leaving him to follow me and laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
You'll be reading a lot about Rory's shenanigans before Liam gets in the picture.