Status: Actively active!

The Pop Star and the Twin

Hangovers and Suspenders

“Dare me to jump off of this Jersey Bridge
I bet you never had a Friday night like this
Keep it up, keep it up, let's raise our hands
I take a look up at the sky and I see red
Red for the cancer, red for the wealthy
Red for the drink that's mixed with suicide
Everything red”

I shot out my hand and threw my annoying alarm clock against the wall. I’m pretty sure I’m dead. My head was pounding so much I was sure I had a hundred construction workers drilling away in there. Grunting I managed to flutter my eyes a bit and opened them a fraction. Oh god all mighty, the blasted light!

Okay okay. Light bad. Eyes closed good. God, Allah, Buddha, Satan, baby from Telletubies whoever is around I promise hope to die that if you get me through this hangover I’ll never touch a drink in my life ever again. One, two, three… Open your eyes Rory, come on.

“The light! It burns it burns!! Hisssss” I screeched out clawing all around me.

“Shut up before I drop kick you” a voice mumbled out.

“Is that you baby in the sky,” I questioned looking up to my paint splattered ceiling.

“You’re an idiot Rory,” the invisible voice sighed.

Wait a hot second I’d know that sigh anywhere.
“Bri Bri” I exclaim pinpointing his location under a mountain of blankets on the floor.

“Yes it is I, twin, gift to womankind, genius. I go by many aliases” He pokes his head out through the blankets, his hair disheveled and his eyes heavy with sleep.

“God my head is killing me. What did we do last night” I ask cradling my head as a consequence of screaming out his name.

“I don’t think I want to know,” Bri responds crawling over to my bed.

Snatching a check board patterned blanket from Bri I toss myself gently onto his shirtless back. Moaning in pain when the room starts to spin at an alarming rate.

“I’m too weak to throw you off” Bri breathes out his face deep in one of my many pillows.
“Heeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllooooooooooooooo” A voice sings out loudly kicking my bedroom’s door wide open.
“Ow” Bri and I simultaneously cry out.
“I assume this unenthusiastic welcome means that you both now realize the results of hardcore partying,” Dave muses leaning against my door looking very amused at our misery.

“You are obviously to blame” I whisper pointing my finger in his general direction.
“I concur” Bri mumbles.

“Me?! I’m the reason you guys even made it back it one piece. Lord knows without me there you bumbling idiots would have ended up kidnapped by a Russian drug lord and then harvested for your organs” Dave spits out without any venom, so I know he’s not upset.

“Oh please like they could deal with Rory’s annoyiness for more than five minutes” Bri scoffs.

“Yeah like they could deal with my- Hey! I’m not annoying” I quickly bite Bri on his shoulder in outrage. Annoyiness isn’t even a word.

Before Bri could protest Dave cuts in, “Anyways I come bearing breakfast and memories of last night.”

“What you bring” I question slowly getting up and reaching over to my cherry wood night stand’s drawer and opening it. Rustling through the clatter I hear Dave mention coffee and bagels. Where in the good name of Harry Potter is the damn Advil. Grunting in displeasure I knock over my bowl of tacks and finally find that glorious, little bottle.

Popping two in my mouth I grab the bottle of water I have on the floor and down the drugs.

“Ugh I highly doubt coffee and bagels are going to stifle this bitching hangover” I complain throwing two pills and my bottle of water to Bri who’s sitting up at the edge of the bed.

Bri shoots me a smile of appreciation before talking, “Yeah Dave that’s just not gonna cut it this time. I need a giant bowl of menudo.”

“I’m totally on that” I say getting and stretching, my large Metallica top rising up and exposing my polka dot boy cut underwear.

“Dude stop exposing yourself” Bri pulls a face at me in disgust.
“I’m sexy and I know it. When you got all of this, flaunt it” I reply motioning down my body while wiggling my eyebrows.

“Oh you two are bloody impossible I’m leaving to somewhere I feel wanted and I’m never coming back” Dave cries out running a hand through his dark, wavy hair before running to Abby’s room. Probably to wake her up in the same fashion. He’s going to have to use a lot of volume because Abby sleeps like the dead.

“Hey Ror do you want to try and find a place that sells Menudo and or things of the sort” Bri asks me ignoring Dave’s exit.
“Totally my dude” I tell him with a gangster like pose or as gangster as a girl with a rats nest as hair and makeup running down her cheeks can be. Bri gives me a ‘are you serious’ look before getting up from the bed.

Pouting I turn to my closet and grab some acid wash shorts and a Jessie from Toy Story top. Rummaging through my dresser I fish out some of the clothes Bri has left. Grinning I pass him some black jeans and a Woody shirt that matches mine perfectly. Today’s totally a twins matching day.
Shaking his head lightly Bri throws on his clothes quickly flinging his t-shirt from yesterday at me.

“You know that wasn’t very nice” I tell him yanking the shirt off my face quickly. Who knows where that thing has been.

“Yeah, yeah” Bri waves me off leaving my room in search of his shoes and the bathroom.

My headache slowly lessens to the point of a dull ache and I dress quickly yanking a brush through my tangled locks and then deciding to just toss it up into a knot at the top of my head. Glancing at the mirror I nod. Yup, I look pretty damn good for suffering a hangover of epic proportions. Chuckling at my cockiness I gallop out of my room barefoot into the living room.

“Hey Bri is Dave still trying to wake Abby up” I ask seeing him on the couch lacing up his black and white hightops.

“You know he is, that girl isn’t going to wake up until she wants to” He responds grabbing his leather jacket and his car keys.

“It’s a lost cause. Let me just nip into the bathroom real quick and we shall leave my twinny twin” I shoot Bri a cheesy smile before I skip to the bathroom to do my necessities. After a moment at the loo I step out into the living room again refreshed and ready to go.

“Bye Dave be back sooner or later” I yell out to Dave and shove my feet into some black TOMS.

“Don’t leave me alone with this she-beast” Dave screams out form Abby’s room. Ahh she has awoken. When Abby wakes up from a hangover the world better watch out she’s got a mean temper and an even meaner right hook.

Smiling evilly to each other Bri and I rush through the door and slam it extra loud just for Abby.

“You do realize Dave will find a way to end your existence” Bri teases as he puts on his black aviators to block out the weak sunlight.

“Yeah well, I’m still hoping I’m Voldemort’s unknown final horcrux” I chime back grabbing Bri’s hand and leading him to the car at a faster place.

Bri shoots me an amused smile and stops at his black MINI cooper; a car he says is too feminine for him. But secretly I know he loves her. Her, because he named her Ronda and praises her often when no one is paying attention. Whipping out his key Bri turns it and unlocks the car.

“Where exactly are we going to find a place that sells Menudo” I muse climbing into the passenger seat. In the five months Bri and I have been here we have yet to find a suitable Mexican restaurant. The ones we have tried are all cheesy sombrero wearing posers. With sucky food to match.

“Well I’ve been looking around, scoping online and talking to my peeps,” Bri puts the key in the ignition and turns on the car. The small car roars to life and I catch Bri patting the dashboard lovingly.

“Oh and have you found a suitable choice” I decide to ignore the display of affection because I’m still tired and he’s in charge of where we go and I don’t want him to drop me off at some shady fish place like he’s done before.

“Yes sir, it’s actually only ten minutes away from campus. It’s a small Mexican market it has produce, spices and a small deli type thing at the back that sells food. Luck will have it that it’s serving menudo today”

I pumped my arm up in victory. Menudo is a soup like dish that has a savory broth and is made up of grain and beef stomach. Hearing the beef stomach doesn’t add any appeal but it’s the perfect cure for a hangover. That and a nice cold beer and Clamato. It’s a remedy I saw my father do a couple times when parties got a bit too much.

Bri pulled out of the lot and switched on the radio to a rock station.
“No One Direction today, Bri?” I ask him with a tiny smirk.
“I will end you”

Laughing the rest of the ride is spent in relative silence. That alone is surprising seeing as how rambunctious Bri and I can become when put together. Hangovers rob us of everything. Another reason not to drink. I’m not up to my usual level of being able to annoy Bri. After about ten minutes Bri pulls up to a curb and kills the engine. He hops out and strides toward the entrance like a man on a mission.

“Wait up Bri” I yell out running after him.

Bri stops near a display of Maria cookies and grabs a cart as he waits for me to catch up. Glancing around I can tell this store is legit. It’s small in size but it crammed tight with various products all holding the seal ‘Made in Mexico’, my Mexican half rejoices.
Moonwalking in joy I strut up to Bri feeling elated.

“Bri you’re a gem. You’re a little heaven detector.”

“Praise me puny human, I’m the god of treasure” Bri puffs out his chest and looks up into the ceiling with an air of superiority.

“No es para tanto (It’s not that big of a deal)” I dismissively wave my hand at him.
“Whatever, you smell anyways” Bri snaps his fingers at me in a z formation and turns on his heel to leave.

“So I’ll see you at the back then” I say back with a laugh. Bri waves a certain finger back at me in acknowledgement. Shaking my head I gallop past the cookies and head to the aisle labeled candy.
I enter it eyes peeled for some corn shaped lollipops that have chile powder all around.

Eureka!

I spot them at the bottom shelf under some gum and literally slid on my knees towards it.

“My love I’ve found yo- ahhh” I had misjudged the distance and ended up crashing into someone that had barely turned the corner of the aisle. I barreled right into his legs making him topple over onto the floor with me on his legs.

Grimacing I rolled over to my side.

“I have fallen and cannot get up” I miserably groaned pawing at the air dramtically.

“Love, I think I’m the one that took most of the hit” the guy I had most likely almost killed tells me getting up and dusting off his white jeans. He gives me a smile and gives me a hand.

“Yeah well your legs are pretty boney” I tease flipping off of my stomach and using his hand to get up. I make eye contact to start apologizing but the guy is looking at me with a shocked look.

“It-t’s you” He stutters, eyes wide.
“It’s me” I move my free hand in a tadah way complete with spirit fingers.

“Rory I swear if you broke something I’m leaving you to get arrested. Hurry up the menudo’s getting cold” Bri voice chimes from somewhere in the store.

“I can feel the love Bri” I sarcastically reply.

I slowly yank my hand away from the stranger who has a huge smile on his face.

“Well this was fun and all but I should really get going” I tell him with a small smile.

His blue colored eyes open wide.
“You can’t go”

“Um I’m pretty sure I can” I slowly back away from the guy I can only assume is an escaped mental patient waiting to kill me off.

“Sorry it’s just you look like someone I know,” he apologizes a light blush covering his face.

“It’s cool it was nice crashing into you” I smile at him. He could be the reincarnation of Hannibal for all I know but he's pretty cute. So I guess I can forgive his moment of weirdness. Forgive him, he's pretty is what my mind is basically telling me.

“You too”

I turn and begin making my way towards the entrance where Bri is sassily tapping his watch at me. Walking at an even slower pace I turn around to the mystery guy.

“By the way wicked suspenders.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Not dead, just a really bad updater!
Anywho anyone out there want to be my very own bum bum bum Editor?!
I never glance over my work so little mistakes slip by my tired eyes.
So comment away if your interesada, I write it with an a because I assume the majority of you lovely readers are of the ovary carrying kind. If you however pee standing I would like to know who you are and give you a virtual wedding cookie.
Peace out, my peeps!