Status: By far one of my favourites to write!! Thank you to everyone who read!! You are amazing!!

Red's Heart

Winter Ice

The most beautiful of sounds echoed through the trees like silver chimes blowing in the wind. Snow blanketed the world in a glittering icy wonderland, frosting the trees with sugar until all that was left was a white world of dark chocolate sticks.

I stalked the woods, as silent as any shadow as I twisted through the naked pines. The branches quivered viciously as the sound continued to resonate its beautiful melody to me. And it was for me. I could hear the voice as clear as day. Like it was a song, written specifically for my ears. So I followed it. I followed it into the depths of the frozen forest so that I may gaze upon the creature who could make such a sound.

My path crossed a girl. The girl was unbearably obvious as she stood in the white cold snow in naught but a flimsy white dress and a bright red cloak. The sight simply had my lips curling back into a disgusted snarl. My warning bubbled up from deep in my throat, low and threatening. But the girl didn’t turn to me and my eyes glanced briefly to the focus of her attention.

Dark and menacing against the innocent white fluff, a bear stepped closer to the girl in red. The casual lope in the beast’s step was careless as it stumbled towards her. Heavy clouds of smoke bled from the bear’s nostrils, only making him look that much more threatening. It didn’t take long to connect the pieces of the puzzle as my eyes darted back to the girl. The stupid thing had awoken the monster from his slumber.

There it was again. That beautiful sound that sang through the forest.

The snarl still grumbling through my teeth died in my throat as my startled gaze travelled over the girl in red. I could see her now. I could see her pale face, almost as white as the snow and her black hair as dark as a raven. And her face, so beautiful.

Fear twisted her delicate features. I marvelled at the terror hidden in her eyes and I tingled at the shaking of her frail body. This girl. This stupid girl was sending me on a high. All because of her voice. Oh, it was entrancing. So utterly captivating as her scream pierced the silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is actually quite fun to write... I have the next few chapters already written! ;)
Xx