Love at First Sight

First day of college

It was the first day of college when I met him. The love of my life, and the man I have been dreaming about ever since I was in the 6th grade but I never knew he actually existed until I met him.

I left home at 6:00 in the morning, giving all of my family hugs except my sister because she was coming too. My sister had graduated high school, and was going into college with me but by the looks of our schedules, we'd never see each other around that much. I went to college with my 5 best girl friends, Kaci Biggens, Mackenzie Mullens, Adrianna Jillian, Bailey Starlight and my older sister, Alicia Barren. I drove me and my sister to the college and we both immediately went straight to the office to enroll here but to our surprise, our parents had already called us in saying we wanted to enroll at the college. We already signed up for what we wanted to take and we got all the classes we wanted but none with each other, so we didn't see each other until lunch pretty much.

"Bye Spawn!"

"Bye Beanie!" She yelled across the hall.

I heard a few snickers but at this point, I didn't care anymore. I pull out my cell phone, turn up the volume, put my earphones in, and blare One Direction in my ears. No backpack on, but books in my hand like my drawing notebook and my favorite book ever I couldn't leave home without, was my copy of the book called "Carrier of the mark" by Leigh Fallon and I loved it so much! Some girl screams beside me.

"Move it, newbie!"

The girl threw my books down to the floor.

"HEY! WATCH IT!" I screamed at her but she obviously didn't hear me.

I had 5 books in my hand and a minute after she ran past me, the bell rang and the hall cleared instantly.

"Dang it!"

I had only realized it wasn't just me in the halls. I look up to see a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes like the sea, walk over to come and help me. He looked at me and talked in a quiet voice.

"Sorry she did that to you."

"No harm done I guess. I didn't really hear her running past at all. I was listening to One Direction."

His head flips up quick right after I said my favorite band.

"You like One Direction? Me too! I never thought a girl like you would like that band."

"You like them too? I don't even know you and you're awesome! A girl like me? What's that supposed to mean?"

He looks upset now after I say that.

"Oh, I didn't mean it in a bad way, I just meant you don't look like a peppy girl."

"I'm more of the quiet type, but I love One Direction a WHOLE lot! My sister and my 4 friends do too!"

I was jumping up and down now while I saw the boy laughing at me, stand up, and look me in the eyes. I fixed my blonde ponytail and put my glasses on my face also.

“You have glasses?”

The boy was now smiling. He had somewhat crooked teeth with a cute smile that looked so familiar to me. Was it possible there was a Niall Horan look-alike? I shook the thought and tried to answer.

“Yeah, of course I do. I absolutely hate these glasses though because they look so ugly on me.” I

look down at the ground and start to feel a bit down, but a hand brings my head back up. It was the boy who walked over to help me.

“You're not ugly, you're beautiful. Are you wearing make-up too?”

“Really? You think so? Thank you and yes, I am.”

“Of course I do. Would I lie to you?”

“I don't know, would you?”

“No, I wouldn't.”

We finally stopped talking since we were already late for class enough, so I started to grab for my books, but there was a hand under mine trying to grab for my books. I look up to see the boy with the blonde hair, who's face is now bright red while I can feel like mine is on fire!

“Thanks for helping me.”

“No problem Miss..... Miss um...... I'm sorry love, I never caught your name.”

“Oh, I'm sorry. My name's Sonya, Sonya Barren.”

I held out my hand for a handshake but got pulled in for a hug instead “Quite the romantic one, aren't we mister.....”

“Niall, Niall Horan and yes I am.”

A smile appeared on his face, and a wink from him while I'm freaking out about him being the one I loved from One Direction.

“Oh my god! Niall Horan? From my fave band ever? No way! I was going to tell you who was my favorite guy from One Direction but nevermind.”

“Why nevermind?” After he said that, he only just realized who it was I was talking about.”Me? I'm your favorite guy from One Direction?”

“Yeah, of course you are.”

He just smiled as I said that.

“What class are we late to?” “Let me check our schedules.”

I pulled out my schedule and he pulled out his while we looked at it and we had all the same classes together.

“Shall we walk to class together?”

Niall asked, shyly smiling at me. I held out my hand but put it by my side because I didn't know what he was going to do at that. He grabbed for my hand and held it for awhile.

“Sure, I'd love to as long as you sit next to me while I sit next to my friends.”

“Okay, I'll sit by the boys while you sit by your friends, okay?”

“Sure, Niall.”

We walked to class, hand in hand and I couldn't help but think that this was all a dream and who knows, maybe it was but all I know is that if it is a dream, don't wake me up because it's a dream come true to be holding hands with Niall Horan.