Love at First Sight

Alone in a bar

Alicia's P.O.V

I walk into the bar only to see there was a party being thrown. It took me five minutes to realize that it was a couples party and everyone was a couple.

“Ugh, I can't get away from all this lovey dovey stuff!” I said as I sat down at the bar.

“Tell me about it, no one should be that affectionate in public.” A male voice said to me, ringing my ears.

I looked over at the man to see he wasn't too much older then me. He looked like he was in his mid to late 20's or even early 30's. He had dirty blonde like hair and had charming eyes.

“I'll have a martini, please.”

“I'll have a beer, please”

“Yes ma'am and yes sir.” The barkeep said.

“So, single I'll presume?”

“Wow, what gave that away? The fact that my love life never existed in the first place?”

“No, the fact that no man had accompanied such a gorgeous young lady like yourself.”

I turned to look at him. He was a charming man, I'll give him that but nothing would make me like a stranger I only just met.

“Ha! I'll laugh at the day I actually believe I'm gorgeous.”

He looked at me, and said with a serious voice, “So why aren't you laughing then?”

“Quite the charmer aren't we Mr...... I'm sorry, I never caught your name.”

“Oh, I'm so sorry. How rude of me. I'm Sam, Sam Hills and who are you exactly?”

“I'm Alicia, Alicia Barren. I like your name it's original.”

“Your one to talk, Miss Alicia Keys!”

“Ha! Yeah right, I'm never gonna be Alicia Keys or a Mrs. Anything, okay Sam?”

“Well you could be, but maybe you haven't met the right guy yet to propose to you.”

“Your sweet, really, but there's nothing that can cheer me up right now.”

“Tell me what happened”

“The guy I love picked another girl he's madly in love with instead of me. He thinks of me as a sister, so that hurt me a lot.”

I bang my head on the bar as the barkeep hands me my drink and I was just about to pay him, when Sam had put his hand over mine, making me blush like crazy.

“I'm paying for it, it's the least I can do for your terrible night.”

“You don't need to do that, Sam. Really. Not like it's your fault that I had a bad night.”

He puts his hand over mine and says, “I know but if there's anything I can help with, please just ask.” He looks me deep in the eyes and smiled.

“Wow”

“What?”

“Your eyes. They have a certain sparkle to them that makes me smile.”

“Really? Your smile is really cute too.”

He smiled again and said, “What, this smile?”

“Yes that smile. What's your number so I can call you so we can hang out sometime.”

He hands me his phone and I put in my number, hand it back then hand him my phone so he can put in his number.

“I'd like that very much, Alicia.”

I grab my drink, drink it quick, then thank Sam for paying before I grab my stuff to leave. My phone went off as I was walking out of the bar, so I answered it.

“Hello?”

“Hey Alicia. You still spending the night at Niall's house with us?”

I only realized the voice had belonged to my little sister.

“Yes I am and tell Zayn that I'm fine. I have something to tell you anyway. Save me a sleeping bag, ok?”

“No problem sis. See ya soon.”

“See ya soon, Sonya.”

I walked to my car and started to drive back to Niall's flat. I can't wait until I can tell Sonya about my night in the bar, meeting Sam.