Status: Complete<3

Don't Let Me Stop You

1/1

Carolyn Hawkes sat on the sofa. The television was blaring an intense music, but she was paying no attention; no, Carolyn was staring intently at the script of The Phantom of the Opera that sat in her lap. It was less than a week ago that she had received the letter from talent agents in New York that were willing to sponsor her airfare from England to New York and her schooling so that she could become an actress. She was “Broadway material”, according to these agents. Still, she couldn’t believe it; every time she glanced at the letter, she pinched herself to make sure it wasn’t a dream. Three days and counting, and it still hadn’t been a dream!

She had been so preoccupied with her daydreams of New York that she had almost forgotten what day it was. The doorbell rang, and she was awakened from her excited hibernation. Louis was home today! Well, so were the rest of the band members – along with all of the following “Directioners” – but Louis was the most important one to her. It wasn’t that she didn’t adore the others in the group – because honestly, what teenage girl didn’t?! – but Louis was special to her before everyone in the world knew “One Direction”. Louis Tomlinson was the five-year-old boy who had beaten up the other boy who had kicked Carolyn’s sandcastle over during recess. Louis Tomlinson was the boy Carolyn trusted to keep all of her secrets. And Carolyn Hawkes? She was the girl that loved Louis before he ever experienced fame – not that he had to know that…

She stuffed the sponsor letter and script under the cushion before rushing to the door, nervously fiddling with her hair in the hallway’s mirror before opening it. There stood the most anticipated dream of her life: a shivering, smiling Louis Tomlinson. His arms were opened for a hug, and she quickly embraced him.

“Where are the others? I thought they were all tagging along.” Carolyn asked, noticing the silent absence of the four other boys.

“Meh, I asked them to come a little later. Figured I had a lot of catching up to do with my best friend!” He announced before yelling a battle cry and tackling her to the ground in another hug.

“Well from your side maybe! Not much has changed around here. Uff, get off of me you big lump!” Carolyn groaned, poking him in the stomach.

Louis got back to his feet and pulled her up with him, spinning her around until she was blinded with dizziness. “Well at least being famous hasn’t made you any less of a goofball!” Carolyn observed. She took his hand and led him into the quaint living room she had been sitting in, where they both chose to try to squeeze onto the middle cushion of the sofa. They were seated in such a way that Louis’ arms were still wrapped around her, and Carolyn was so close to him that it made cocoons erupt into butterflies in her stomach.

“I really missed you!” Carolyn exclaimed, turning to meet his eyes and gasping a little at how close his face was to hers.

“I missed you too.” He whispered, and his breath on her face tickled her nose. Their eyes slipped shut at the same time, and their lips met just moments later.

~~~

Carolyn couldn't believe what was actually happening. Her lips were pressed tightly against Louis' and her fingers were winding themselves into his hair. His tongue slid itself against Carolyn's lower lip anxiously, and she moaned at the feeling. No one had ever kissed her quite like that before. She opened her mouth to his tongue without hesitation and he quickly ravaged her mouth. Louis slowly pulled Carolyn into his lap, and then forced her down onto the couch. Her legs wound around his waist and she grinded her body into his. Louis' hands explored down her chest. Both of their bodies were completely entangled....and it felt so good.

~~~

After what felt like only seconds, Louis pulled away from her lips, though he made no move to untangle himself from Carolyn. Carolyn sighed; she had often wondered what it would feel like to kiss her best friend, but never before had she acted upon such wonderings. He lowered himself to peck her lips once more and then sighed. “Carolyn, I’ve wanted to do that for so long…” His fingers stroked through her hair and caressed down her arm to intertwine his fingers with hers, leaving goosebumps with every touch.

“Really?” Carolyn asked, her fingers still knotted into the thickness of his brown hair. “Why?”

“Because I –“ The telephone cut off his answer. Carolyn untangled her body from his and left a lingering kiss on his soft lips before heading to the kitchen to answer the phone.

The telephone was something unimportant; just a telemarketer trying to get in touch with her mother to convince her to buy another useless product. Carolyn was almost upset that she had decided to answer it instead of cuddling on the couch with Louis as they had been.

“Louis! Do you want something to drink?” She asked after she had told the telemarketer “no hablo ingles” and hung up.

“Naw, I’m good, love.” He replied, sounding preoccupied.

Carolyn returned into the living room to find Louis intently reading over the sponsor letter that had apparently decided to become unhidden from under the couch cushion.

“This is amazing, sweetheart! Are you excited? Why didn’t you tell me?!” Louis reached for her hand after noticing her arrival.

Carolyn had remained quiet. She was so excited, but there were more controversies than that… If she were to leave this town that they had both called home to, there was a chance that they would lose contact. She would have her studies in New York, and he would remain the amazing star that he was – but they would drift apart. She didn’t want to lose him; especially now that she just got him.

“Well, aren’t you excited?” He repeated, sensing the tension.

“Yes, Louis,” Carolyn replied, “but I shouldn’t go. I have a life here. And friends… And family… And you…”

“Whoa! Don’t make me the bad guy! If you wanna go somewhere, you can go; nothing is stopping you!” He answered, standing up from the couch to hold on to the girl that he loved so much. “Don’t let me stop you.”

“I-I don’t want to lose you!” She cried, finally releasing what had been unsettling her since the day she had opened the letter.

“You won’t sweetheart! I’ve gone on world tours, and there is always one thing that remains the same in my heart: you! I will always love you, and we’ll make it work! I promise you that!” He kissed my forehead.

“I love you too!” Carolyn whispered.

“Now go chase your dreams! I’ll always be here for you!” Louis looked deeply into her eyes before kissing her passionately on the lips.

Carolyn was the happiest person in the world; she had gotten her biggest dream in the world, and also the love of her life, her best friend, Louis Tomlinson…
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like! <3