Status: Complete

Troublemakers

Five Fun-Loving Guys

"Ugh, stupid sun," I groaned. I'm not a morning person. Not at all, but I pulled myself out of bed. I dragged my butt to the bathroom and look at my huge knot of hair. I groaned once more and pull out my brush. I dragged the brush through all of the knots and sighed in relief.

I trudged to the kitchen and fired up my Keurig coffee maker. I took down my favorite mug that says 'I mustache you a question' with a mustache below it. My brain probably won't wake up until around 5:00 pm, when I get home, so it'll help me get through the day. Don't judge. After I poured my coffee and grabbed a banana, I moved out to the terrace. I sat at the table and took a sip of my coffee. I always enjoyed living by the beach; it relaxes me.

No matter how early in the morning it is there's always shirtless guys doing something on the beach near my house. Today, it's Frisbee, my favorite. Sometimes if I'm not in a rush I'll go out and play with them, but today was my first day at my new job and I was not gonna be late. I had to hurry and finish my breakfast and coffee so I could get a quick shower and leave for work.

---

"Oh, I'm so late! Damned traffic, making me late," I groaned as I pulled into the parking space reserved for me. I ran inside and shot into the elevator. As I pushed the four button, I realized that I had set my watch 5 minutes fast so that I would hurry. Well, it worked. I'm too smart for my own good. I was right on time.

As the doors dinged open, I was greeted by a huge smile. The girl was about seventeen. I'd assume she was my assistant working for an internship program or something. She was small and blonde, and she wore small glasses. I couldn't tell if it was for fashion or if they were prescription. Either way they looked great on her. I could never pull off glasses.

"Good morning, Ms. Valencia. I'm Jessica," she stuck out a hand for me to shake. I returned her smile and she smiled even bigger. I'm just not myself in the morning; any normal day, I would've slapped the over cheery smile off this girl's face. I don't like happy people, but I suppose I must get used to it. I don't want to get fired.

"Please, I'm only nineteen. Call me Iris," I introduced myself. She giggled and released my hand to push her glasses up on her face.

"Ok then, Iris. I was instructed to show you where your office is. It's just this way," Jessica politely walked me to my office door. This girl wasn't as bad as most seventeen year olds I've met.

"Thank you, Jessica. I look forward to working with you," I grinned as she opened the door for me. There was a small desk in front of the door, which I assumed was her work space.

"I'm glad. We might as well be friends since I'm your intern. We're gonna be spending lots of time together," she beamed. I brightened my smile back and she stepped into my office and beckoned me to come inside.

"You're very mature for your age. You actually remind me a lot of me when I was your age," my words coming out a bit sarcastic. I'm not that mature now, but she doesn't have to know that.

"Thanks. Oh, before I forget, Allison wanted to speak to you in her office. She has you're first assignment. I heard it's a really good one," she was seriously more excited than I was. I don't like work. Don't get me wrong, I loved working at Tiger Beat Magazine and taking photos for a living, but I'm probably the laziest person ever.

"Sure, let me just put my camera bag on my desk. You'll have to show me where her office is," I chuckled. "I'm not very good with directions." Allison is my extremely sweet boss. She already has an assignment for me, too. Great... my first day here and I already have a project.

"I understand. I'm here to help you out, after all," she said super cheerily. She turned toward the corridor as I turned back to face her. She waved a hand, instructing me to follow her.

She led me down the long corridor and around about four corners. If she wasn't here, I would've gotten lost by now. No question, I'm terrible at navigating. She finally stopped at a big glass door and Allison saw us through the glass. She jumped up and ran over to us as Jessica swung the door open.

"Great, you're here. Thank you, Jessica," she called. Jessica smiled her bright toothy smile and continued back down the hall. I turned to face Allison as she guided me over to her desk. She sat down in her chair as I took the chair opposite. She has one bitchin' office. It's seriously nice. My office is about this size but less decorated. Guess I have to do that part myself, huh?

"I hear you have my first assignment," I prompted. Her eyes brightened as I spoke. All the happiness floating around in this building is really aggravating me. I should probably get used to it. I'll be working here every Monday through Thursday.

"Oh, yes. Eager, aren't we? See there's a certain boy band," she began. Her body relaxed in her chair and she closed her eyelids. "And this boy band is going to be featured on the front cover. I'm taking a chance on the new girl, and I'm letting you do their photo shoot. I'm counting on you."

"You sure are excited. Who are they?" I said hopefully. I'm not really into boy bands, but it's my first little project for this magazine. These pictures could make or break my career.

"One Direction," she enthused. She was so excited and confidant that I could do this job right. Just one problem.

I was drawing a blank here. I have no clue who these guys are. How old is their audience? How old are they? I have no clue what she wants from me. Maybe this wasn't the right job for me. Stop it, Iris. You worked hard to get here and you're not giving up now.

Wait, I think I have heard of them. Yea, they were on the cover of Teen Vogue, right? I think so. Whatever, I'll do some research when I get back to my office. Maybe Jessica knows who they are. She did say she was here to help me out.

"You don't know who they are, correct?" Allison already knows me so well. I suppose I don't really look like the type to know who they are either. I shrugged my shoulders and nodded my head in agreement. "Well, Jessica can help you figure that one out, but, basically, a few years ago these five boys auditioned for a show called X-Factor. They tried out separately and were put together during boot camp. They didn't win, but they got signed anyway and now they're one of the most desired groups of boys in the world," she explained with great enthusiasm. I was still confused but decided to just look it up for myself.

"I understand. So, do you want them to look sexy or adorable? I mean, what's age appropriate for these boys?" I inquired. I really had no idea what she wanted from me. She just shook her head and chuckled. "What?" I asked, a bit offended.

"From what I hear, they're just five fun-loving guys. You should look up some pictures of them to kinda get an idea of what you're working with. Jessica should be able to help you learn a little bit about them, too," she stated and I nodded. I understand what I've gotta do now.

I stood from my seat and shook Allison's hand, thanking her again for my job and for a chance for the cover. I turned and made my way back to my office. I'm surprise I didn't get lost.

As soon as Jessica saw me, her eye lit up and she immediately ran to me. I'm so glad she's enthusiastic about my first assignment because I needed all the help I could get.

"Hey, Jessica. Wanna help me out?" As I asked, she began nodding vigorously. Her glasses nearly fell off her face with all of that ridiculous head-banging. "Great. Now, tell me everything you know about One Direction. I mean everything," I wrapped my arm around the girl's shoulders and guided her into my office.

---

After three hours, I know more about these boys than I'd like. I still don't know what they look like though. According to Jessica, "They're British Adonises" which makes no difference to me if can't physically see them. I could wait until tomorrow and just go with my first instinct, which is what Jessica recommends. I think that's what I'll do. Who knows they might appreciate a spontaneous new look. It's not like I can look it up anyways. Jessica never told me their names.

Oh well, I'm on my way home now. I'll just go home and prepare myself for the photo shoot with them tomorrow. I'll just wing it and hope it turns out great. That's how I always got through my photography class in high school. Maybe I should've payed more attention in that class. Oh well, too late now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Iris is my O/C. I don't know if it will tell you but the author of this chapter is bumble_babe554. Make sure you keep an eye out for the next chapter by viralstorm and her O/C Victoria. Check both characters out in the character listing for this story.

Be sure to comment, comment, comment! The more comments we get the quicker our chapters will be released!