Status: Complete

Troublemakers

Welcome to London

The Heathrow airport was buzzing with life. There were people walking as fast as they could on their cell phones and families reuniting. Some people were asleep in the seats, while some were patiently waiting for their flights to board. I, however, was standing just outside of the terminal I just disembarked searching irritably for the driver that was suppose to be there to greet me.

When I didn't see him I decided to go pick up my luggage and try again after. I'm not a very patient person. The fact that all this guy had to do was stand outside of the terminal with a sign that had my name painted on it, yet he had failed to do so, pissed me off. How much easier can your job get?

I spotted my large orange suitcase and jerked it off of the conveyor belt, while my eyes busied themselves with the search for its mate. I brought two giant suitcases and a medium sized duffle bag. Feel free to judge me all you like, I actually considered this packing lightly. After all, I was going to be in London for god knows how long, shopping was inevitable.

"Victoria?" A voice drawled from over my shoulder, forcing me to turn around sharply to find who it belonged to.

"Yes?" I asked, searching the man's features before me.

He was about six foot, six foot one, in an all black suit and tie. His hair was long gone, causing his head to shine brightly from the glare of the lights. I smiled at him and handed him my suitcase. "Nice to see you finally arrived, David."

He blushed and took the suitcase from my hands, before pointing to the one over my shoulder. "Sorry about that, the traffic was terrible. Should I take that one as well?"

I shook my head and threw my thumb over my shoulder to indicate the large revolving contraption behind me. "I have one more, identical to that one."

He nodded and waited with me as we searched for my luggage. A few seconds later I spotted it hidden up underneath someone else's duffle bags and scrambled to catch it in time. David was trying hard not to laugh at me, and took the bag out of my hand gently. "Right this way miss."

I followed him out of the assiduous airport and towards the dim looking scenery outside. I mentally cringed, already missing the cold, but sunny weather, of Seattle. Rain just wasn't really my thing. It made me depressed, to be honest.

"I was originally just going to take you to your flat, but Simon called and told me to bring you to Syco instead. I hope that's okay?" He informed me, pulling open the door of a black car, before opening the trunk to throw my things in.

"He called me on the plane, so go right ahead."

And soon we were off. My face was practically glued to the window as I tried to take in as much of the scenery flying by me as possible. When I spotted the Buckingham Palace I gasped, earning a chuckle from David as he eyed me in the rear view mirror. "So this is your first time in London, Victoria?"

"Yes." I sighed. "It's so beautiful."

"Oh, and David, call me Tori. Only my weird uncle calls me Victoria." I chuckled, my thoughts turning towards the weird red headed Irishmen.

"Then call me Dave." He winked, saving me from further thinking about my mother's eccentric brother.

I smiled warmly at him and turned back towards the window, so desperately wishing I was one of the bystanders on the streets, instead of heading to Syco Entertainment. I wanted my first day in London to be incredible, despite my impending jet lag. I did not want to be sitting in an office all day, even if I was going to get to soak in the rays of Simon Cowell's personality.

When we pulled up to the curb of the building, David opened the door for me and I hopped out quickly. I pushed my hat back on my head and looked up at the tall building, before thanking David.

"No problem, love. I'll take your things to the flat, it isn't far from here. You go on up to the fifth floor, if anyone stops you just tell them you're on the way to see Simon. He'll call when I need to come to get you." He filled me in.

I bit my lip and my shoulders sagged. I suddenly felt bad for being so mad at him while I waited on him to pick me up. "Surely I can take a cab?"

He shook his head and laughed at me. "This is my job, if I'm not driving you around it will be someone else."

I nodded. "See you soon, then."

Image


"Victoria?" Simon called, one of his eyebrows raised as I peeped my head around from the other side of the door.

"Simon?" I teased, stepping in and shutting the door behind me.

"Have a seat." He smiled, taking me off guard, but I smiled back and did as he said.

"Welcome to London." He pointed to the scenery outside of his window and my eyes dazzled.

"Thanks." I gushed.

"So, I know you just got in and you're anxious to see where you will be staying and to go out and explore, but I needed to touch base with you." His facial expressions suddenly got serious, which comforted me oddly enough. This was the Simon I was expecting, not the smiling one.

"You are here to write a book on the boys. You are here to make sure that said book will be incredible, that it will sell way more copies than the last one your company wrote on them." I cringed when he brought up their last book Harper Collins published. That book had really tanked.

I knew that a lot was riding on me this time around, and that this was my chance to prove to Marissa that I could do this. If this new biography went well, than so many doors, so many opportunities would be opened for me. There was a lot of pressure, but I wasn't going to buckle. I was ready for this.

"You are most definitely not here to canoodle with London boys and to go trifling through the streets at night partying your ass off. You are here to work, and you would do well to remember that." He warned me.

"Now." He smirked. "With that being said, get the hell out of here and go see London."

I laughed loudly and shook my head. "You just told me I had work to do, but now you're telling me to go have fun?"

He nodded. "I did the boss thing. I expect you to take this seriously, but I don't expect you to act like a nun. You're twenty and in a new country. I'm old, but I'm not ignorant."

"Well thank you for not forcing me to go live with the Pope." I joked, standing from the seat and digging around in my bag for a manila envelope.

When I found it I handed it over to him with a smile. "This is what I have typed up so far, read it over and make sure I'm the girl you want for this job. I don't want to waste anymore of your time than I already have."

He took the envelope and tossed it aside carelessly. "I've read your work Ms. Moretti, I know you've got what it takes to do this, so don't let me down."

Image


When the elevator doors swooshed open I was met with the green eyes and dimples of none other than Harry Styles. He was smiling lopsidedly over at me as he leaned casually against the secretary's desk. I was rather surprised to see him in such a welcoming mood, considering his behavior towards me last time we had seen each other.

"Surely you aren't smirking at me, Styles?" I gasped, my hand covering my heart.

He chuckled and met me in the middle of the lobby. "Fancy seeing you here, Moretti."

I scoffed. "As if you didn't know I would be here. You don't have to lie, babe. I was anxious to see you too."

He shook his head and laughed at me once more. "You caught me."

I smiled and pulled the straps of my purse tighter together, trying to think of something to say before things got awkward. I opened my mouth, but he cut me off, causing me to chortle lightly. "I wanted to be the one to show you your flat. It's a sort of...I'm-sorry-for-being-a-jerk present."

I nodded and threw my hands out in front of me. "Lead the way baby."

And that he did.

My mouth fell open when he pulled his car up to the building. I recognized it almost immediately and he grinned widely over at me, his dimples making an appearance. "I take it you know where you are then?"

"Shut the fuck up!" I gasped, punching his arm lightly. "One Hyde Park?! Harry you're fucking insane!"

He smirked and threw his door open, running around the car and opening the door for me. I stepped out and wrapped my arms around his neck right away. "Marry me?!" I squealed.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, his stomach rising and falling with laughter. "I'll think about it. Depends on how good you can suck."

I scoffed and pushed him away from me. "Prick."

He laughed and started into the building, knowing without a doubt that I would follow close behind. "Now, it's a three bedroom, so you two can have family visit whenever you like. You'll meet Iris whenever she gets back from wherever she ran off too. She avoids me like the plague."

"I don't blame her."

He scoffed and folded his arms across his chest, waiting for the elevator doors to close before glaring at me. "I rent this amazing flat for you guys and all you can do is insult me?"

"Yep." I giggled.

"Bitch." He shot back, making me laugh even more.

He smiled over at me and rolled his eyes. He couldn't resist this, I don't know why he even tries.

The elevator dinged and slid open. I followed the curly haired cutie out of it's jaws and he pulled a key out of his pocket, before handing it over to me. I cocked an eyebrow at him in amusement and he shrugged. "I figured you would want to do the honors. And don't worry, we don't have copies."

I laughed and slid the silver key into the lock, turning it until I heard the heavy clicking that signaled that I could enter. I immediately slung the door open and danced inside, eager to see the beautiful place for myself.

"The view isn't much, but I figured the plasma screens and fully stocked bar would make up for that."

"GET OUT!" I yelled, running around and taking in every room imaginable. "Harry this is amazing."

He followed me into the room where my luggage was as I took in the cream colored bedspread and the grey throw pillows. I couldn't believe this was where I would be spending the next couple of months. I couldn't believe this was my life.

"Pinch me, yeah?" I asked him, before punching him when he went through with it.

"Hey! You told me to!" He pouted, holding his arm like I had really done some damage.

"I was joking you fucking twat!"

He rolled his eyes. "Well anyways. I can't stay long, so I will get straight to it. There is a restaurant, bar, spa, gym, theater, golf course, and other stuff. You can enjoy whatever you want, Simon said he would take care of it all, since I wouldn't let him pay for your apartment."

I bounced up and down in my heels and tried not to throw myself at him again. I was so unbelievably happy that everything was just as perfect as I hoped it would be. I opted to grab both of Harry's hands and pull him towards me, instead of jumping on him again. He smiled, a genuine happy smile that showed the two dips in his cheeks, and I buried my face in his chest. "I definitely forgive you, thank you so much for this Harry."

He pulled away and winked. "No problem."

Image


I was a little disappointed when Harry left, but mostly relieved. Jet lag was really starting to kick in and I knew if I didn't unpack now, then I wouldn't ever. My roommate, who I had yet to meet, wasn't back yet, so I took the liberty to snoop around her room.

I didn't go through her things, I just took a peek at her room to see if it would give me any hints as to what her personality would be like. It didn't.

With a sigh I returned to my room and tossed my bags onto my bed, dumping their contents out all over the place. I threw the doors of closet opened and grabbed a handful of hangers, and went to work.

I'm not sure how long I was buried in piles of my clothes, hanging as many of them up as I could. I folded and placed items like pajamas and underwear in my drawers. Bathroom items went into my bathroom, yes my bathroom, we each had our own.

I was almost through putting everything away when I heard the front door open and close quietly. A huge smile appeared on my face and I shoved myself up off of the floor where I was folding clothes and took off to meet my roomie. I spotted her sprawled out onto the couch when I made it down the hall and grinned.

"Hello." I tried, not wanting to scare her half to death.

She jumped a little and looked up from her phone. Her dark hair covered one of her bright eyes in a startled mess and I laughed. "I didn't meant to scare you."

She smiled and rolled her eyes, pushing her hair out of her face. "It's fine, I'm such a spaz sometimes. I knew you were coming today, but I didn't know when."

"Well, I'm here!" I giggled, gesturing to myself from head to toe, before plopping down in a chair across from her. "You must be Iris."

She nodded. "And you're Victoria."

I stuck my finger down my throat and pretended to gag. "Please, call me Tori."

She chuckled. "You got it."

We made small talk for a few minutes. I found out that she had only been here for a day or two. She was from California, which comforted me. I was glad that we were both from the west coast. It would give us something to bond over, and we would be going through the same hardships as far as distance with our families go. Iris seemed really nice and genuine. I liked that about her. I knew enough fake people back home.

My phone rang and interrupted the conversation we were having over what we were going to do tonight. I apologized and rolled my eyes upon seeing Twat-waffle decorating my screen along with a picture of my middle finger.

I ignored it. Twice.

When it rang again I sighed loudly. "You should probably get that." Iris laughed.

I nodded and stood, pressing the accept button and putting the phone to my ear.

"The fuck you calling me for?" I snapped.

"Well hello to you too, sweet cheeks." Harry's voice drawled from the other end of the line.

"Harry?!" I squeaked. "Sorry, why are you calling me from the king of douche's phone?"

"I can't find mine." He sighed. "Did I leave it at your place?"

I looked around with the phone still pressed to my ear and saw his iPhone on our kitchen counter. I laughed. "Yeah it's here baby. You coming to get it?"

"Ugh." He growled. "Yes, I can't believe I did that."

"Where are you?"

"My place." He laughed, obviously wondering why I was asking.

"How far away is it?" I questioned.

"Forty five minutes I guess."

"I tell you what, boo." I grinned mischievously. "We're going out tonight, to Funky Buddha, you should come and I'll bring you your precious phone."

He laughed and then got silently. "I would V, but Iris and I kind of butt heads, you guys would have more fun without me."

"Fuck that!" I snapped. "You're coming, end of fucking story."

He chuckled. "It's a date."

"Good. I'll text Liam the details, don't bring that twat friend of yours either. I'm going to get you completely wasted and we'll dance like we're fucking on the dance floor."

"Sounds like my kind of night. I'll see you soon sweet cheeks."
♠ ♠ ♠
Who's excited for the partehhhh?! Harley is up next with her character, show us some love, lets say five comments? And she will update.

What do you guys think? Who are you shipping Tori with? Do you think things will change with her and Louis? Where do you want to see this story go? I love to know what you guys are thinking.

Image