Status: Complete

Troublemakers

Maybe Not

I sat with the dimply brunette on his couch talking and watching reruns of Friends. I spent a lot of that time thinking to myself about our situation.

I came to a conclusion that my sister is a total bitch but I still love her. I was not about to let her prevent me from being with Harry. You can't choose your family but they have to know their limits. She needs to mind her own fucking business.

I can't believe I even asked her for her opinion on the situation.

Stupid.

"So what are we now?" I asked suddenly. "Like are we friends at this point or...?" I trailed off.

"Or what?" He kind of smirked. I punched his arm gently, feeling a little annoyed by his cheekiness.

"You know what I mean," I chuckled before becoming quiet. "Something more?"

"Well would you-"

The loud knock rang out. Harry jumped off the couch as I groaned slightly, standing to join him. He gave a small smile as he turned and walked to the door. As he opened the door, Niall appeared on Harry's doorstep, looking mad as fuck. I've never seen him mad and according to Jessica, when asked at the beginning of my first assignment with the magazine, she hadn't either and it must take a lot to get him steamed.

That little thought worried me.

Was it me? My sister? Dear god, I hope it's not my sister.

"Niall? What's up mate?" Harry greeted him cautiously before standing aside and letting him enter. We all stood looking at each other for a few moments before Harry spoke again. "What's going on mate?"

Niall huffed loudly. "Victoria and Louis."

I could feel my eyes widening.

"Oh god, what have they done now?" I blurted out.

Harry turned to me with confusion. Niall just looked at me with disbelief. I shuddered because I knew I had been caught knowing something I had no business being in.

Harry came to my rescue. "What did they do that's got you off your trolley?"

"They've been sleeping together and nobody bothered to tell me. I walked in on them talking about it," he spat.

"Shit," I mumbled.

"What? For how long?" Harry's eyes widen from shock.

"A while apparently," the blonde scoffed.

"Does El know?" Harry inquired.

Before niall could even open his mouth, I answered in a hushed tone. "Yes, she does."

"You knew?" Niall chuckled bitterly. I simply nodded, hanging my head. "Does everyone fucking know except for me?"

"Niall, I swear, I thought it was irrelevant, a drunken mistake, a one time thing. If I thought it was anything more, then I would've told you, I promise," I rushed.

"Fucking hell," Niall spat. He suddenly turned on Harry. "Did you know?"

"I swear, I knew nothing about it," Harry held his hands up in defense.

"Forget it," Niall shook his head, pushing past Harry and I. He slammed the front door behind him.

Harry sighed and looked at me. He stayed quiet as his green eyes pierced my brown ones. I felt my bottom lip begin to quiver as he gave me a disappointed look.

"Harry, I swear, I didn't think it would go this far," I pleaded, breaking the silence. "You have to believe me. I never meant to hurt anyone, especially not Niall. I would never think of it."

He took a deep breath, shaking his curls out with his fingers before looking back up at me. "I know."

"Then why do you look so disappointed?" I furrowed my eyebrows in worry.

He got quiet again as his beautiful green eyes looked down to his feet. I willed him in my mind to speak.

"Please say something, Harry," I whimpered. "I would never hurt any of you boys on purpose. Please."

He looked up to me finally, moving toward me and taking my frame into his grasp. I wrapped my arms around his torso and laid my head on his chest, listening and being calmed by his heart beat.

"I am disappointed," he sighed, wrapping his arms tight around me. "Because you knew it could potentially get out of hand and hurt someone. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Louis made me promise," I mumbled, taking a small breath of his scent. "I promised him that I wouldn't tell anyone. He specifically said not to tell you guys. I didn't think it was that serious until Tori freaked out. Then I realized he had a girlfriend and I didn't know what to do. I was thinking of telling you but I didn't want you to be disappointed in your friend."

"I'm disappointed in all of you," he whispered, "Tori and Lou for doing it and making you promise not to tell anyone, and you for actually keeping it a secret."

I sighed deeply, nodding my head against his V-neck shirt. I breathed him in once more before looking back up to him.

He was absolutely right but was it really any of my business in the first place?

"Maybe we should put off this relationship business for a little while, yeah?" He rested his forehead on mine as I looked into his eyes.

My vision flickered to his pink lips as his tongue darted out over them. The lips I had kissed a number of times before were right in front of me, tempting me with their delicate kiss.

As soon as he realized why I'd gone so quiet, he smirked. I peered back up, locking our gazes. My eyes flickered back down once more.

Before I could think, I leaned up, connecting our lips. My eyes were closed but I could feel his surprise for a moment. I deepened the kiss and he responded, moving his lips against mine.

I was ready to do almost anything so he wouldn't give up on us but I'm glad it didn't go that far. He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine again. I could feel his gaze fixed on my eyelids as I kept them closed. I knew if I opened them then he may not change his mind.

He ran a hand over my cheek and my eyes snapped open. He was smiling down at me as I stared hopefully up at him. He chuckled before opening his mouth to speak.

"Maybe not."
♠ ♠ ♠
By the way, this chapter was going to be first fuck for Hiris but (1) I didn't get the comments on my chapter, (2) it wouldn't have made much sense for it to randomly be there, and (3) I don't think their relationship is there yet. I'm not really sure it will be before the story ends but whatever.

Courtney is next, so show love and leave a comment.