Status: Complete

Troublemakers

Someone needs a Webster's Dictionary

Have you ever tripped over a desk in high school and had the whole room go quiet? You know everyone is staring at you, but you just keep your head down and refuse to acknowledge the situation. Well that's kind of where I am now.

Louis sat staring daggers in my direction and the rest of the boys sat awkwardly waiting for an explanation. The room was dead quiet and I was getting madder by the second. It was one night. He seriously needed to calm his tits. It's not like I raped him or something. Jesus.

I growled and tore my blue eyes from his. "Well the rest of you can introduce yourselves or continue to stare at me like I'm Satan reincarnate."

"Right. Well I'm Liam." The boy with the buzz cut and chunky cheeks called, extending his hand for me to take.

I smiled at him and took his hand in mine. "Pleasure."

Louis scoffed and brought the tension back into the room. I rolled my eyes in a quick circular motion, before looking at the dark skinned boy, who introduced himself as Zayn. An older man introduced himself as their publicist. I didn't pay him a whole lot of attention.

Oops.

The curly haired boy looked at me with clear confusion in his eyes. He was half glaring at me and half wide eyed. I figured he didn't want to step on Louis' toes by being friendly to me, so I didn't offer my hand to him. Instead I shot him a small smile and grabbed the black ink pen that laid abandoned by someone on the table.

"Well then, what can I do for you boys?" I inquired, leaning back in my chair and propping my feet on the table.

I grabbed one of the many yellow notepads we kept in the meeting room and prepared to take notes. Marissa was very anxious about whatever this group had come in for, so I wanted to make sure I made her proud. Even if she was a raging lunatic.

"Harper Collins published our last book, Dare to Dream." The Irish one, Niall, spoke making making my eyes scan over the rest and land on him.

He ran his hand over his mouth, before continuing. "We had a lot of fun with it, but we really want to get another one out there. We want something that is more detailed. Our fans should be able to get to know us, everything about us, without having to snoop through trash cans or hack security files."

I nodded, my brain trying to remember the book that we published. I couldn't remember if I had even been there when this was written and then it dawned on me. "Fuck. I'm so sorry." I face-palmed.

"You guys are One Direction." I laughed. "I remember that book now. It was fairly short."

Liam nodded, revealing his Colgate smile. "It was pretty empty."

"Okay, so you guys want to do a larger novel? Like maybe a biography on each of you?" I shot out, jotting down a few things on the yellow paper before me.

"Yeah. We want them to know about each of us separately, but still as a whole if that makes sense?" Zayn acknowledged.

"What do you all think about maybe beginning with the band's story and then going through and talking about each of you in your own section? Separating it into maybe six, seven portions?"

"That sounds brilliant." Liam grinned.

I smiled at him, he looked absolutely adorable. His smile reminded me of Christmas. No, seriously. I only see children smile that big on Xmas morning after Santa has come to visit. He looked like the happiest guy on the planet.

"So will this be more of what's going on now, or a back story?" I postulated, biting on the end of the ink pen subconsciously.

"Now." Louis interjected, speaking for the first time since he made his presence known. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him once more and smirked instead, writing NOW in bold letters on the pad and circling it twice.

"We just want them to know that we haven't changed a bit. Lately our directioners have been feeling neglected. We've been a little more brash and cranky than usual. Fame has been a lot to get use to, you know? We don't really have as much time as we once did. We can't do twitcams all the time, and sometimes not being able to be out with our families gets to us."

Surprised by his sudden change of heart I jotted a few key words he said down and looked at him intently. Before I could open my mouth to ask them another question he continued.

"Don't get me wrong, we're all so thankful to be where we are now, it's just still new to us. This experience has been out of this world. So, we were hoping to get something new out there to reassure them that we are the still incredibly weird and immature blokes they fell in love with." He grinned, reminding me of a toddler.

I chuckled. These boys are all a bunch of three year olds in grown-up's bodies.

"Well we here at Harper Collins can definitely do that for you guys." I reassured them.

I leaned back towards the desk, plopping the pen and pad onto the surface, before resting my head in my hands. My headache was back with a vengeance. The lights in the room seemed to brighten immensely and I sighed.

"Feeling alright there, sweets?" Louis' familiar voice drawled cheekily.

I could hear the smirk in his voice and flicked him off. It was pretty unprofessional of me, but whatever. He was really being a douche.

"Long night." I sighed while raising my head up to look at him pointedly.

The boys all looked back and forth between the two of us, trying to figure out what we were going on about. I guess Louis wasn't usually so ornery. Curly seemed to realize why Louis was being such a dickwad though, because he started to smirk in my direction. I winked at him and he chuckled, before Louis elbowed him in the ribs hard.

"Well boys, we'll be in touch. I'm sure Marissa will contact you all immediately. She's anxious to make sure you lot are happy as shit. Hell she probably will stop you before you leave and have another meeting, just to make sure I didn't fuck up too bad." I confided.

Niall started cackling and I grinned over at him. He shook his head at me and I shrugged. I couldn't help it. I would rather be myself, than to give them the wrong impression any day. I jotted my email and cell down, before tearing it from the pad and handing it to Liam. "If you feel like there was something you guys forgot to tell me, feel free to give me a ring or shoot me an email."

"Thanks Victoria." He grinned, taking the piece of paper from me and nodding in my direction.

"No problem. All I did was listen." I waved him off.

They all piled out of the room one by one, but Louis stayed behind, closing the door behind the other five. I raised my eyebrow over at him and he frowned.

"Don't say a word to them about what happened last night." He glowered.

"Don't you mean this morning." I smirked, spinning around in the desk chair.

"You are absolutely infuriating." He fumed.

"If I recall correctly, this morning you said differently." I stopped the chair and winked at him.

"Oh God, you are bloody incredible." I mimicked his moans, causing his cheeks to turn slightly pink.

He clenched his jaw and grabbed the door handle, debating on storming out or not. He turned and shot me a heated look. "I have been in a dedicated relationship for over a year now." He divulged. "Don't even think about storming into my life and fucking it up for me."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes to the ceiling and back. "I didn't storm into your life, Luigi. We fucked. Big deal. It was nice and what's done is done."

He opened the door and I smirked. "But if I was you, I would reevaluate my definition of dedicated."

He un-clenched his jaw and tightened it once more, before slamming the door behind him and storming off in true Diva-esque fashion. I winced as the loud noise rattled my throbbing brain. What a twat.

I leaned back in the chair and laughed out loud. He set himself up for that one. I really couldn't resist. Maybe if he hadn't acted like such a douchebag I would've been a little nicer.

I had a song from the club stuck in my head, so I started rapping loudly as I tore the pages from the notepad and prepared myself for the verbal lashing Marissa was sure to give me.

"Beat em like they stole something, Treat em like they stole something.
All this booty here got them dreaming, let me hold something.
Lemme lemme hear that boy, lemme lemme wear that boy.
Let me get the most expensive car and let me steer that boy.
Real big pretty titty, shut down any city. If you want the kit kitty gotta get the key for me. All new everything, plus pay the rent fo' me. " I sang throwing my hands around obnoxiously to the beat in my head. Nicki Minaj was my bitch.

"If we in the wilderness, bitches pitch a tent for me tent for me, tent for me, get my body. Long hair no make up doing Pilates. Those niggas don't stand on my damn Zanotti's. All them bitches is my sons but who's the daddy?" I continued as I danced towards the door.

I was surprised that Marissa wasn't waiting in my office for me. There was no way she missed that door slamming and judging by the way everyone had stared at me on my way to my office, no one had. I closed the door to my office and plopped behind my desk, slinging the papers from the notepad down where ever. The top drawer squeaked as I pulled it open and grabbed the white aspirin bottle, cracking it open and sliding two into my mouth and swallowing. If this headache didn't skedaddle before Bosszilla made her appearance I was going to have a brain aneurysm.

The yellow paper stared at me ominously as I leaned back in my chair. I swear I even heard it say "type me, type me." I was fucking losing it.

I clipped the papers onto the clipboard attached to the side of my computer monitor and pulled up a new data sheet. I had to clock in the guests, record what time they arrived, what was said during the meeting, what time they left, and then summarize what I planned to do to handle the situation. It was a horrid pain in the ass. I considered it busy work, but Bobby swore that it was necessary in case a client decided to accuse us of slander or something.

It took a good forty-five minutes for my boss to finally make her appearance. I winced when I heard the door creak open, but when she didn't start yelling immediately I looked up from the current edit I was working on to see if she had spontaneously combusted. There she stood, leaning in my doorway grinning like a catfish eating briers, and my stomach lurched. Nothing good could come of the fact that she was smiling after a client had stormed out on me.

This is it. I'm getting fired. She had to be completely elated, because she could finally get rid of my ass.

"Mars, I'm so-"

"You did IT!" She squealed, clapping her hands in delight. "You fly out in a week!"

"rry. Wait. What?" I finished, suddenly completely confused.

"They want you to write their new book. They loved you. That Irish one, Niall was it?" She asked and I nodded. "He couldn't stop going on about how awesome it would be to work with someone who understood that his blood pumps orange, white, and green."

I snorted. That damn leprechaun. He saved my fucking ass. I definitely owed him one. Or ten.

Marissa was positively overjoyed. I couldn't believe it. I was sure she was going to be screaming at me for the next month and half. Yet, here she stood, practically praising me.

"Why am I flying and where the hell are you shipping me off to, then?" I inquired, nibbling on my bottom lip.

"Well to London of course." She stated, like it was the most obvious thing in the universe.

Well excuuuuuse me.

"Why the hell am I going to London?" I retorted, considering she still hadn't bothered explaining.

"To shadow the boys, gather information, learn all of their most recent secrets. You're writing their current story, Victoria. You obviously can't write recent facts without being there while they're happening." She scoffed. "Honestly, use your brain honey."

This bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
And the fun begins. ;)

Image

Comment you little shits.