Status: Complete

Troublemakers

Twat

Don't try to say you've forgotten about me.
I know the thought of us is creeping in your mind.
You drove me crazy, now there's no maybe.
So grab your guns, and pick your side.


My eyes lit up as my phone started ringing, the familiar lyrics bursting from my lips as I reached to answer it. I didn't know the number, but I answered it anyways.

"City morgue, you kill 'em, we chill 'em." I drawled, a smirk playing across my lips.

"Oh, uhm, I must have the wrong number." Zayn's familiar voice called from the other side of the phone.

I laughed and he sighed into the phone, realizing that it was indeed me on the other end. "Sorry boo, it's Tori, whatcha need?"

"You really got me there, love." He laughed. "I was calling to see how you took the news from Marissa."

"I was a little floored to be honest, but now I'm sort of excited. I haven't ever traveled outside of the states or Ireland." I confessed.

"Good. After the show down between you and Lou today I didn't think you would take the job."

I paused, trying not to sigh into the phone as I rolled my eyes.

"I've been reading your work, you're amazing." He gushed, changing the subject and causing me to squeal into the receiver.

"Thank you so much!"

"No problem babe. Why haven't they published anything of yours yet?" He asked.

"Ehh, I just don't meet Marissa's standards I guess."

"Well you meet mine." He admitted. "I can't wait to see what you come up with for ours."

"So is there another reason you called, besides confessing your love for my penmanship?" I chuckled.

"Well, yeah." He paused. "I kinda just wanted to apologize for our behavior today."

"You mean Louis'?"

"Well, yeah." He chortled. "I don't know what's going on between the two of you, but he made it painstakingly obvious that it happened when he was smashed. I wanted to be an English Professor, so I'm pretty good at connecting the dots imaginatively."

I cackled. "Already imagined me naked then, boo?"

"Aha! That's not what I meant." I could practically see his wide mouth grin.

"It's fine, I can handle Louis." I affirmed.

"Good." He breathed, letting out air that I wasn't aware he was holding. "We'll see you next week then, yeah?"

"Um, I haven't booked my flight yet, but I think Marissa said I should be finished tying up all of my loose ends by then."

"I can't wait."

"Good to know at least one of you is excited to see me again." I teased.

"Harry is pretty excited too." He revealed. "He felt like a right git after leaving the office today."

"I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for ringing me Zayn."

"No problem."

"Well, I'll talk to you later. Oh and be sure to read chapter thirteen, yeah?"

"Why?" He drawled cautiously, but I could hear the click of the mouse through his end of the line.

"You'll see." I smiled, ending our call.

Suddenly, I couldn't wait to make my way to London. A new city, a new country, completely new surroundings. The thrill of getting out of America had me buzzing on a natural high. I didn't lie to Zayn when I said that I didn't do much traveling. Even though I worked for a popular publishing company, Marissa never sent me on business trips. Instead she sent Bobby. He wasn't even a writer.

I tossed my phone onto my desk and continued my research on this boy band I would be stalking in the next week. I spent hours on end in front of my computer screen taking notes in a wide ruled notebook and clicking through pages upon pages of gossip.

Sugarscape quickly became a favorite hot spot. The funny edits they did of the boy's faces on other people's bodies made my exploration almost worth it. The witty and sometimes creepy words of the editors making me snort with laughter. I almost had the contents of my latte spurt from my nose.

Tumblr was pretty funny as well. I had learned that their fan base referred to themselves as 'directioners' and if they weren't positively in love with all of them, then they were 'directionaters.' I spent a lot of time scrolling through gifs, fun fact pictures, and even a few chapters of fanfiction. They were definitely dedicated.

Hmm. Larry Sex tape? Interesting. I jotted it down for future reference.

Then I found out about Elounor; Louis and his girlfriend, Eleanor's couple name. I stared at pictures of the curly haired brunette with brown eyes and couldn't believe she didn't model. She had incredible fashion sense and was apparently really sassy. Directioners loved her and her sassy comebacks. I was impressed.

What I found most fascinating, however, was the way Louis always seemed to be grinning from ear to ear in each one of his photos. He wasn't kidding when he told me he was in a dedicated relationship. The love in his blue eyes was evident in their snapshots. I had only seen them dark, full of lust, or full of hate. Yet the baby blues that looked out at me from my computer screen were as crystalline as a topaz gem. I was floored. He was a totally different person.

Then again, what did I know? All we did was fuck and fight.

I exited out of all of the web pages and stood from my desk. I took my empty coffee cup in my hands and drug my feet out of the spare room, that I had turned into an office, and towards my kitchen. I rinsed the cup haphazardly and set it in my dishwasher.

I was in my pajamas. Blue Happy Bunnies smiling all over them, and a light blue spaghetti strap shirt clung to my curves. I plopped down onto my bed, switching the television on, and cuddling in to catch up on Vampire Diaries. This was the way I was suppose to spend my Saturday.

Bloop

I picked up my phone and slid my finger across the screen to unlock it.

From: 0114420147935542

Stop getting so cozy with my mates.

I rolled my eyes in a circular motion. I recognized a few of the digits from Zayn's telephone number and quickly realized it must be Louis texting me. I was going to have to change my phone plan to accommodate all of these foreign calls and such.

To: Twat-waffle

Get that stick out of your ass and stop being so concerned with what I'm doing in my free time.

I hit send and returned my eyes to my television screen, Damon was now frolicking around with vampire Elena at some party. Mmm.

Bloop

From: Twat-waffle

He has a girlfriend, you know. You going to ruin their relationship as well?

I scoffed. The balls on this one. He seriously needed to get over what happened between us and let it go. Drama King.

I quickly pressed the call button at the top of the message and brought the phone to my ear. He answered on the first ring.

"Look you insufferable Twat!" I growled. "I didn't know you had a girlfriend! You walked over to me, not the other way around. You pulled me out of the club, you took me back to YOUR hotel room. Stop blaming me for your SHITTY decisions! Fuck!"

And then I hung up and pouted like a child.
♠ ♠ ♠
We have 13 subscribers.

Image

Comment, yes?

Image