Christmas Promises

Christmas Promises

“I’m sorry kitten, you know I wanted to be there. I really am sorry. I love you.”

I sighed as I stared at the answering machine before finally deleting the message. I had tried calling him back but there was no answer. He was probably busy like usual. I understood that Harry was busy but it was Christmas and he promised he would be here.

He had promised he would help me decorate our house since it was our first Christmas living together. But he had been busy most of the time that he barely had time to place the star on top of the tree.

He had promised to spend nights curled up on the couch watching old Christmas reruns but we only ever watched one and even then he had to leave straight afterwards.

We never made the snowman he promised me we would make. We never went ice skating like he promised. We never did any of the Christmas activities he promised me.

But none of that mattered to me because I at least expected him to here on Christmas day and that was enough for me. But now he wouldn’t be here. It was now Christmas Eve and he was stuck in America while I spent Christmas Eve alone.

Groaning I realised to myself that I would have to make Christmas lunch for both my family and his without his help. I would have to act happy and cheery when I felt anything but.

My phone buzzed. I expected it to be Harry but instead Danielle’s name flashed across my phone.

“Hey, Harry just called Liam.” Her first words were through the phone as soon as I answered.

“Is Liam back?” I asked confused.

“Yeah, he came back earlier this morning. Caught an earlier plane but he said Harry apparently had other things to do and he couldn’t take that one. Didn’t Harry tell you?”

“I haven’t been able to speak to him. I just heard his message.”

“I’m sorry Aelea, did you want to come over and spend the night with Liam and I?” She asked me sweetly. I frowned not wanting to put my depressing mood on either of them.

“No it’s fine Dani, I’ll just probably watch some movies tonight...” I trailed off.

“If you’re sure?” She asked me hesitantly.

“Yeah, I’ll talk to you later, bye.” I said quickly before my voice cracked. I sighed and glanced around the cold and empty house before curling up on the couch and falling asleep to Christmas movies.

-

“Here let me help with that dear.” I jumped as Harry’s mum appeared from beside me and took the spoon from my hand.

“You scared me Anne.” I laughed as she pressed a kiss to my cheek.

“How are you honey?” My mum came up on the other side of her. I shrugged at her and offered a small smile, she saw right through it though.

“He really wanted to be here.” Anne said to me softly. I fought the tears back and nodded at her before looking at the ground. Harry hadn’t called or texted me all day. I had no missed calls when I woke up, as far as I knew Harry hadn’t tried to contact me at all.

I saw my mum and Anne share a look over me before my mum wrapped me up in her arms.

“Why don’t you go get washed up? Anne and I can finish the rest of the lunch.” I nodded and walked out of her grip, running into Gemma on the way out of the kitchen.

“Hey love.” She smiled pressing a kiss to both my cheeks. “Merry Christmas.”

“Merry Christmas Gem.” I smiled back at her.

“Any word from Haz?” she asked me curiously. I shook my head, she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion before following me towards the bathroom.

“I’m sure something’s just happened to him...” She trailed off as I turned to her in shock. Worry appearing on my face instantly as my brain began to think that maybe Harry had gotten hurt and was unable to contact me, or worse.

“I mean like his phone broke or something. Not anything horrible like death or anything.” She said quickly trying to cover up her mistake. I shook my head at her and splashed water on my face trying to get the images of Harry in a hospital bed out of my mind.

“I suck at making people feel better.” Gemma mumbled. I laughed at her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

“It’s the thought that counts.” I winked at her before we headed back towards the kitchen.

“Where is Dad and Robin?” I asked curiously.

“We don’t know actually. Robin took your Dad with him as soon as we both got here. Said it was a surprise.” My mum shrugged. I frowned in confusion before helping with the cooking again.

Gemma put some Christmas music on and before long we were all singing and dancing around the kitchen ridiculously. And for now that was enough to take my mind from Harry.

“Aren’t these women just angels.” A voice came from the door. I smiled and watched my mother turn to my Dad’s voice.

“Beautiful angels at that.” Another voice joined my fathers. I paused where I was as the familiar voice echoed through my head.

I spun around quickly to see a tired but smiling Harry standing in the doorway looking directly at me.

My mouth fell open in shock as I watched him walk forward so he was standing in front of me.

“I made it.” He said to me softly. A smile working it’s way across his features.

“You’re late.” I whispered to him as tears of happiness filled my eyes.

“I’m sorry I broke so many promises.” He said softly, looking quite sad.

“We can do that stuff next year.” I said waving his apology off. “I’m just glad you’re here.”

“Oh just kiss her, she’s been upset all morning.” Gemma’s voice filled the kitchen.

“Gladly.” Harry smirked before lifting a hand to brush a strand of red hair out of my eyes. His lips then instantly crashed against mine as his hands fell to my waist and pulled me closely. His nose brushed mine as our lips move together in perfect synchronisation. Everything felt right and perfect in that moment. His tongue lightly licked my bottom lip. I let him in for a moment missing the taste of him mingled with my own.

A cough was made outside of our personal bubble that broke us apart. Harry rested his forhead against mine and brushed our noses together.

“Merry Christmas Kitten.”

“Merry Christmas Harry.” I said back softly and happily. He pulled me closer so I could snuggled into his chest. I glanced towards my family as they all watched us creepily but comfortingly.

Wrapping my own arms around Harry, I had never felt more content in my life. It didn’t matter that we hadn’t done everything he promised me. Just as long as he was here.

“Oh I have your present. It was why I was late. I had to wait to pick it up and I missed the first plane.” He told me softly and pulled out a small box from his pocket. I looked at him in surprise.

“Harry...” I trailed off as I opened up the box. Inside was a diamond heart pendant on a gold chain. Harry’s hand reached forward and flipped it over. On the back he had engraved For My Love. I smiled largely and pressed a kiss to his lips before allowing him to clasp it around my neck.

“It’s perfect Harry.” I said bringing my hand up to play with it.

“You’re perfect. Perfect for waiting for me.” He said sneaking another quick kiss against my lips before our parents finally had enough of our display of affection.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas Aelea!! Hope you like it :D