Sweet Amber

Sweet Amber

I walked through the rain slowly, soundlessly, seemingly unaffected by how soaked I was. Hair plastered to my skull, my clothes, soggy as they were, clinging to my curves. I wonder to myself how long it will be ‘till I get home.

How long it will be ‘till I get into her arms again.

How long it will be ‘till I get to hear those words escape her lips again.

I sighed, trudging onwards through the afternoon downpour, just thinking to myself about a lot of things that don’t matter ‘in the long run’ to most. But meant everything to me.

I just needed to hear those words again; those sweet, sweet tasting words that create butterflies in my stomach. Those butterflies that flutter so violently I feel like I’m going to throw up. Then comes the calming hug from her, it always settles the butterflies down, like that’s what they wanted all along.

I have to admit, her enveloping arms had always comforted me, even before we were a couple. Even more so now that we had gotten married. Settled down and happy, doing what we do, enjoying what we do, in each others company.

I’d kill for her…
No, I’d die for her. I would never deny that fact.
I couldn’t.

I arrived at our front door and realised I had left my keys behind when I had left that morning. I lifted my fist up and knocked softly on the front door, waiting for a response, before knocking louder when I received none.

I heard the lock click, and next thing I knew I was on the soggy ground.
“Pixie!” She yelled, “You’re home!”
“Mmmph… Gerrof,” I replied, giggling a little at her excitement.

She climbed off of me and immediately I began to feel lonely without her body so close to mine. I noticed her hand held out in front of me to help me up and took it, admiring the beautiful smile that was radiating off her face. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her, it was damn near impossible.
“Stop staring at me, it’s embarrassing,” She giggled, clumsily walking back into the house.
Meaning she almost fell over the door step, I laughed at her and grabbed her before she landed on the floor.

It looked like some cheesy romance scene in a movie.
So I thought I’d indulge in that thought and engaged my sweetheart in an incredibly passionate kiss.
In full view of the neighbours of course.

I felt my lover melt into my arms and my lips. She sighed in a rather satisfied way, which made me smile a little. I reluctantly, but slowly, ended the kiss, standing up straight. I dusted myself off and looked at my baby to see a cute grin bouncing off her face.

She shut the door and leaned against it sighing in contentment, she looked at me, licking her lips, seductively. I opened my arms and she sauntered over to me and I wrapped myself around her, smelling the sweet scent she owned. They should bottle this stuff, I know I’d buy it. Even if no one else did.

“Stop sniffing me, it’s creepy,” She laughed into my ear, sending shivers down my spine. It was like electricity through my veins. I had been really tired when I left work, but now I felt energised, just a little soaked.

“I need to get out of these wet clothes, baby,” I said into her hair, coming out a little muffled but she still heard me.
“I need to get out of these dry clothes, sweetheart,” She winked at me, twisting what I said to try and get what she wanted. It was cute.
“You know I didn’t mean it like that, stop trying to get into my pants,” I broke the hug, grabbed my work bag and started up the stairs, she decided to follow me.

I walked into our bedroom, decorated with purple paint and a few scattered posters over the walls. I was still very much in the set of mind that I was in when I was a teenager when it came to decorating my bedroom, so we agreed that I could have a few of my favourite posters up. But not too many that it would cover up the paint.

I walked over to the wardrobe to get some dry clothes. I grabbed a plain black t-shirt, and a pair of ripped blue jeans. Turning round, I laughed at the figure leaning seductively against the door post. She was ridiculous. She was beautiful.

I couldn’t help but love her, everything about her was perfect to me. Even those imperfections that might put others off, but that was the point to falling in love. It was the point to being human, really. You fall in love with this person, in spite of the imperfect things that are there, because that’s what makes this person so real, so pure, so endearing and loveable.

I found the point to my living when I met this woman. I found my meaning, and I never wanted to forget i, so I asked her out. The feeling grew so immense that I asked her to marry me, and she agreed, as the feeling was mutual.

Mutual and beautiful.

That figure in the door was mine to hold and to love forever, and if everything else in my life fell apart, it wouldn’t matter as long as I had her there.

I was in love with Amber.
Sweet Amber.
A human being, not perfect in every way, but as close as you could get without being fake and alien to this world.

She would be my lover, my sweetheart, my baby, for as long as we both lived. There was no one else for me, I found my post in the world, and I would not, could not, abandon it.

Ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've revised it.
Wasn't happy with some of the ending.
S'better now.