Tonight, I Will Fall For You

Chapter 3

“Okay guys, what do you think about truth or dare?” Linda asked her guests after showing them around and watching literally every part of Home Alone that has been made like, ever. Bonus videos included. Now, since basically everyone, except maybe Jack, had long awaited a change of action ever since being halfway through the first part of that movie there wasn’t much objection and everyone agreed more or less reluctantly. Jack was probably the one who hesitated most, after all he knew his friends best but after a few minutes of convincing he gave in and admitted defeat.
When nothing particularly bad happened after a few rounds, Jack started to loosen up a little. This turned out as a bad idea not too much later since Zack seemed to have decided that he had allowed Jack enough rest and it was about time to embarrass him a little and bring him closer to Alex. Result: He dared Jack to play ‘Seven Minutes in Heaven’ with Alex. Or more like 60 Seconds in Heaven. That was one thing he will always thank Linda for. At least he would, if he still was alive after this and didn’t die of shame. Which actually might happen, thinking about it.

---

For a moment they just stared at each other, unsure of what to do, both waiting for the other one to make a move. Which, of course, didn’t happen.
After a few seconds Jack finally stepped forwards, gently reaching out to caress Alex's cheek. "We don't have to do this, y'know... we could just pretend...“, he said softly. But his eyes showed exactly that he would happily kiss the older boy right then and there if he gave him the chance to do so. Did his eyes trick him or showed Alex's eyes really the same emotions? They couldn't, could they? They had only known each other for two days, after all... okay, let’s be honest here. Usually it isn’t even a problem for teenagers to hook up after only a few hours but this was different. They were here with friends. Just as friends.
But if it was possible for him to get attached, why shouldn't Alex feel the same? No, that was just stupid...
"N-no, it's okay... I want this... kind of...“ Alex's voice was shaking and he looked at the floor nervously, blushing.
Jack gently lifted the older boy’s chin up and leaned in, his lips carefully brushing against Alex's, barely even touching. Then he pulled away for a second, taking in Alex's expression, before leaning in again for another kiss.
It felt like thousands and thousands of butterflies were having a party in his guts, dancing and fluttering. It was amazing.
Suddenly he felt Alex's hands sliding down from his shoulders to his hips, pulling him closer.
Jack could have continued this kiss forever, but after a while they both needed to breathe.
"Why did nobody come out to get us by now, actually? I mean, we must have been standing here for an eternity. “Alex wondered.
"I bet Linda bought us some time. She's a smart and sensitive girl, she probably noticed what was going on even before we did. And she’s crazy enough to be able to distract them all without even having to think much." “And... what do you think is going on?“ Alex questioned. But Jack didn't get a chance to answer anymore because just one second later Rian bursted in. "We'll talk later. Can I come over tonight?", was everything Jack could whisper before Rian grabbed them both to pull them back into Linda's room again.
The young brunette threw Alex and Jack an apologetic smile and mouthed: "I'm sorry, I couldn't hold them back any longer." Alex nodded slightly and mouthed back: "S'okay, thank you!"
They continued their game and much to Jack's relief there weren't any more embarrassing questions or tasks waiting for him so he could relax. Instead he took revenge at Zack by asking some really uncomfortable questions since that fucker tried to escape it by only choosing truth. As if that would help him. Because honestly, knowing Jack he really should have thought about that twice.
Later that evening Linda made them dinner (some strange German dish she called "Käsespätzle", which tasted surprisingly good) and introduced them to her boyfriend. It had taken Rian and Zack a lot of persuasiveness until she had finally admitted that the "friend" she was living with was actually her boyfriend and that her parents didn't know about the relationship which was why she had to keep it a secret.
But after the questioning about it she had been somehow… quiet. Too quiet in contrast to her usual behavior. But no one except Jack seemed to notice since they were all busy discussing some topic he had given up following already 10 minutes ago. But it was still strange. Ever since he had gotten to know her two days ago she had never shut up. She was always laughing or making random comments on whatever they talked about.
But Jack wasn’t sure what to think of that. What was this about? She had to be hiding something, otherwise she wouldn’t be acting this weird, obviously. But why? She seemed to know everything about everyone by just looking at them so why shouldn’t she trust them?
However, only a second later it was over and with the blink of an eye she was back to normal again and she was laughing and joking just like before. As if nothing ever happened. Oh well. Maybe he was just imagining things now.
At the end of the evening, Jake, who had arrived while they were eating, offered Rian and Zack a ride home while Alex and Jack wanted to walk. First, because they didn't live far away, but also because they wanted to talk. Or more like, needed to.
They all said their goodbyes to Linda, agreed on meeting at school the next morning and then started to make their way home.
Jack and Alex walked in silence for a few minutes until Alex had finally built up enough courage to repeat his question. "So.. what do you think is going on?" "I don't know... this is so new for me. I know we've only known each other for two days now, but whenever I look at you I can't help but smile, I could spend an eternity just listening to you, everything in me wants to get to know you better. I mean, I know it’s too early to even think about calling this a crush but… I don't know, really...", his voice faded out into the dark night. He didn't dare looking at Alex, being afraid of his reaction.
Jack almost jumped when he suddenly felt Alex taking a grip on his hand, forcing Jack to stop walking. He turned around to look at him, almost surprised to find Alex smiling. "Hey... Jack. No need to run away from me. I- I kind of feel the same way. But... please understand that I don’t really want to rush anything. There were some things that kind of ‘cured’ me from doing that. I don’t really want to talk about this now, so please just trust me at this, but I want you to know that I totally get what you’re talking about. I feel like that, too. It’s just… yeah, well, what I said." “No, it’s okay. I don’t want to rush this, either. It’s too early for that.”
That was everything Alex needed to hear. He pulled Jack into a tight embrace and pressed a soft kiss to his forehead.
They just stood there for what felt like an eternity, arm in arm, smiling into the night, Jack's chin rested on Alex's head, both taking in each other's scent, never wanting to forget it again.
When they finally went home it was already pretty late, but it didn't bother them. They were falling for each other, probably way too fast, but they knew they could count on each other to catch them. And that was all that mattered right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, what do you think, is this moving too fast? Is this okay for you? Do you like it?
Yeah, I know, I'm asking way too many questions but I'd just love to hear your opinions!

Anyways, a Merry Christmas again to all of you! I hope you spent a lovely day with your loved ones and just had a great time!
Love, Celina
<3