Tonight, I Will Fall For You

Chapter 6

When Isobel Gaskarth stepped into Alex' room the next morning to wake her son up and tell him she was about to leave for work she was very surprised to find Jack curled up next to him. First, she smiled at how cute the two boys looked but then she frowned. What had happened that Jack had come here so late last night that she didn't even notice and why were his eyes provided with dark circles and swollen and red as if he had cried?
To say she was worried would be an understatement. It was obvious that something bad happened and during the past few months Jack had grown very close to her, almost like a son. He made the house seem livelier during the time he spent there (which was a lot, since Jack took any given opportunity to escape his own family). And Isobel also loved the influence Jack had on her son. Ever since his brother's dead Alex had been very shy, silent and secluded. She had been very happy that he found friends so soon after the move.
And now he laid there: one arm wrapped around the younger boy, as if he wanted to protect him from something.
Mrs. Gaskarth didn't even think twice before calling in sick for work. It was clear that something was going on and she wanted to do everything that was within her power to help. After calling her boss (who was a good friend of hers and therefor didn't make a big fuss about her staying at home) she made the two boys a hearty English breakfast and hot chocolate with marshmallows and then went upstairs again to wake the two boys up.
Of course Alex was surprised to see his mother still at home; after all he knew that she was supposed to work today. And he was even more surprised by the fact that she made them this giant breakfast. Well, at least he was surprised until he remembered that his mom had a sixth sense for people in trouble and for people who were sad and who needed help. Of course she had sensed something was wrong. “Enjoy your breakfast, get ready, take your time. When you’re ready for it come down so we can talk. Maybe I can help you." she whispered silently so she wouldn't wake Jack up. Alex smiled. It were times like this when he loved his mother to death. Mrs. Gaskarth left the room and just a few minutes later Jack woke up. Alex greeted him with a sweet and gentle kiss on the cheek. "Want some breakfast? My mom cooked enough to feed a whole army!" "Yeah, thanks." Jack smiled weakly.
While they were eating their breakfast Alex informed his boyfriend about his mother's suggestion. Jack's eyes watered. He wasn't used to people taking care of him or sticking up for him. He was incredibly happy and thankful. Maybe it was possible to find a solution together.
You see, it wasn't the fact that he had been kicked out that made Jack so sad. He had never had a good relationship to his parents, especially to his dad. No, it were the words his father had said that hurt him.
“C’mon now, let’s go and talk to mom. She’ll know what to do.”, Alex murmured, hugging Jack. Even though the younger boy tried to hide it, Alex could see he was hurting.

When Isobel heard what had happened the night before at the Barakat-household she was shocked. And furious. Yes, most of all furious, Jack thought. It was kind of strange. Mrs. Gaskarth, the tiny, calm, loving, caring woman was literally freaking out. Jack was stunned.
“Your dad will come home from work early today, Alex. As soon as he arrives you will grab him and go to Jack’s with him to get the rest of his stuff. And now go and prepare a makeshift bed for your boy, after all Jack will stay for a while until we find a better solution!”
Both, Alex and Jack, jumped up to hug her. Alex smiled. And Jack… well, Jack was speechless. It was the first time he felt like someone apart from his closest friends and Alex actually cared for him. And it was a great feeling.
He felt like he was on a roller-coaster ride: one moment everything seems lost and it is like he’s falling into a deep, black hole. And in the next moment, he feels like he’s on top of the world and it’s great, even though you know you’re going to fall but you can always hope that nothing except for a rush of adrenaline will happen. Everything seems bright and good. But this state is dangerous. You never know what might happen next.

-------

But first things first: Alex grabbed Jack’s hand and led him upstairs and back to his room. “You’ll have to share the guest-bathroom with me, but that won’t be a problem, will it? Now, which kind of bedding do you want? Also…” “No it doesn’t, and I don’t really care.” Jack smiled, using the time it took Alex to breathe. In response, Alex threw a pillow at his boyfriend. “Shut up and help me getting your bed ready!” he laughed. “Hey, I thought you wanted to do it!” Jack grinned, throwing a pillow back. Two seconds later a full-sized pillow fight was on. Let’s just say: it was a good thing there weren’t any fragile things in the room. Half an hour later both boys collapsed on the bed, still laughing and trying to catch their breath. But it didn’t last long until they both became quiet, just looking into each other’s eyes. It was nice to just be calm like this. And it felt suddenly it felt more intimate just looking at each other than it would if they were kissing or touching. They felt so much closer. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, a strange atmosphere developed. It was different than anything they’ve ever experienced during the months of their relationship, yet it was very nice.
Alex reached out to caress Jack’s face. He noticed that his hand was shaking slightly, as if it was the first time he did this. And then, as if they’d read each other’s thoughts, they leaned in, their lips melting for a soft, gentle kiss. It was well-known and all new at the same time. Just perfect.
Slowly, the kiss got more passionate. Alex hand drifted from its place on Jack’s cheek to the back of his neck, pulling him closer. And Jack was clinging onto Alex’ waist as if his life depended on it. Hesitantly, Alex’s other hand slipped under Jack’s shirt, ghosting up and down the younger boy’s spine. Jack’s breath hitched. His hands slowly slipped under Alex’s shirt, stroking the hot, soft skin. Alex pulled away slightly. “Are you sure you want this? Now?” he murmured softly. “I’ve never been so sure about anything in my whole life.” Jack whispered back.
Those were the last words spoken. After that they let their actions talk and that was more than enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy New Year guys! I hope you all made it into 2013 well and that the year will hold as many positive experiences for you as possible!
But now back to what this is primarily about: I hope you all liked this chapter (I'm not too sure about this oops).
Again, please comment whether you liked it or not because I don't want to continue this if no one likes it. You don't have to be too gentle, just be honest and if there's something you want me to change, just tell me.
Also this was the last one I just had to edit so from now on it'll propably take a wee bit longer since I'll have to write something completely new and I'm also starting school again next week so please don't expect too much/ don't be too disappointed).
I'll stop rambling now before the AN gets longer than the actual chapter.
Love, Celina