Status: no ***ing idea what's gonna happen with this.

Baby Daddy

01. One More Day

October 23rd, 2012.

Bzzzzz.

Click.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Click.

Bzzz.


“Copeland Quinn. Stop that right now.”

The sound of the blender and giggling erupted from the kitchen once more. Cam and Copeland sat in the large classic kitchen preparing breakfast. Well, Cam was attempting to blend a banana-strawberry smoothie, while Cope sat on a stool with one hand on the off switch, and the other covering her giggles.

The morning had started off with a bang, literally. First, Copeland had crawled out of Kellin’s bed, which Cope and Cam shared when he was away, at a whopping 4 am. She then tripped over the metal garbage can, resounding in a large crash, which caused Cam to shoot out of bed and nearly run into the closet door. Cope’s cries turned into laughter when she realized Cam lay sprawled out on her face after tripping over the laundry hamper and hitting the corner of the dresser.

After cleaning up Copeland’s scrapes and the large gash on Cam’s forehead, the two climbed back into bed. Cam spent the next two hours cuddling and comforting Cope as she cried for her father. This happened often, especially when Kellin left for a long period of time. It didn’t really offend her that Cope wanted Kellin. Being raised in a home with divorced parents, Cam experienced the same feelings that Cope was going through.

At seven, Cam decided that trying to get Cope to go back to sleep was impossible, so she carried Cope downstairs, who had calmed down and was now craving a smoothie. That was where they were now.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Click.

Bzzzz.

Click.


The buzzing shut off again. Cam whirled around from the cutting board of banana and mock-glared at the five-year old squatting on the tall stool with both hands over her mouth, attempting to quiet her giggles.

Cam raised her eyebrows. “I’m gonna get you. You better run Cope.”

The little girl jumped of the stool and ran out of the kitchen, squealing. Cam was close behind her, breakfast forgotten. Cope ran into the living room and hopped on the couch, grabbing one of the large pillows. When Cam rushed in, the living room was still. She looked around for the girl, smiling when she spotted a tuft of black hair from behind a pillow. “Ohhh Copeland, where are you?” She sang.

More giggles.

“Copey, where are you hiding this time?”

Cam pretended to look everywhere but the couch.

“Well, I guess I’ll have to finish of these delicious smoothies by myself.”

A small gasp came from the pillow.

Cam tiptoed over to it, and ripped the pillow from the girl’s grasp. “AHA!”

“Not fair. I loooove smoothies,” Copeland said with a pout, her arms crossed over her chest.

Cam picked her up and walked back into the kitchen. “Well then, let’s eat!”

Cope cheered as Cam reached for two large glasses. However, she was interrupted.

Hola! Sexy mama answer your phone right now. You’re favorite Mexican is calling-

The ring tone continued to play as Cope looked at Cam with wide eyes. “Uncle Viiiiiiic”, she cried happily.

Cam reached into her pocket and pulled out her iPhone. She didn’t like iPhones, but Kellin bought her one anyways, in case of emergency.

“Hello, you’re on speaker phone.”

“Hello Uncle Vic!” Cope yelled.

“Why hello my pretty little ladies. What are you doing this fine morning?” Vic said. It sounded like he just woke up, his morning voice ringing through the phone speaker.

“We just made smoothies, and we were going to eat them, but you called.” Cope humphed.

“Banana-strawberry?” That was Cope’s favorite food, and everyone knew it.

Cope nodded. “Yep. Mmmm, so good,” Cam clarified.

“I’m coming over right now, save me some smoothie!”

Cope cheered. “Ok, now you have to go get dressed before he gets here,” Cam told her.

She immediately rushed upstairs singing Roger Rabbit. Like father, like daughter.

“Is she gone?” Vic questioned.

“Yep, she’s getting changed. It’s been a long morning, so we stayed in our pajamas,” she stated.

Vic laughed. “Stop making me picture you in your pajamas. It’s turning me on.”

From the background she heard Mike. “Sexy mama, you’re turning me on too, you need to stop moaning.”

“You mean like this, mmmmmmmm, ohhh yeah,” Cam moaned playfully for the boys.

“Ughhhhh Cammy. Why do you do this to me? I’ll be there in half an hour.” And with that, he hung up.

Humming, Cam slipped the phone into her back pocket, and got to work cutting bananas to make more smoothies.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Cam…Cammy…Cam…WAKE UP!”

Cam groaned and turned over. She must have fallen asleep after finishing with the smoothies. All of a sudden, she felt a pair of wet lips on her cheek.

“Again again!” She heard a high pitched voiced squeal. Copeland.

She kept her eyes closed, savoring the moment of silence that followed. Regretting it when she felt a warm tongue lick her both her cheeks.

“All right I’m up you fu-people. I meant people.” She said, opening her eyes to see Vic up close and personal, staring intently at her with a grin on his face.

“Well hello to you to.” Cam sensed other people in the room.

“Mikey!” He stopped, Copeland in his arms as he held her up like an airplane.

Dropping Copeland down to cradle her, the lanky man walked over to the coach and bent down. After kissing both cheeks, he whispered, “After that stunt you pulled this morning, I had to come down to return the favor.”

“How did you guys get in anyways?”

“Little Copey let us in, didn’t she. Oh, and you’re smoothies are the bomb,” Vic shouted in agreement with Mike, while Cope smiled innocently in Mike’s arms.

“What did I tell you about letting strangers in the house Cope?”

Her eyes widened as she jumped out of his arms, landing on her feet and running to her room, cackling. Mike grinned, pulling away as he ran down the hallway to Copeland’s room. Laughter erupted as soon as he opened the pink door and disappeared, shutting it behind him.

“Hey, I take offense to that,” Vic shouted, pulling away from the girl on the couch.

“That sucks! I meant it.”

“Are you positive about that statement?” Cam nodded.

“Actually I take that back. You are the only stranger, Mike’s my best friend.”

Raising his eyebrows, Vic smirked. “Do strangers do this?”

“Don’t do it Vic. If I’m thinking what you’re thinking, don’t do it.” With a glint in his eye, Vic put his hands up, like he was going to attack.

“I’m going to break your Coraline DVD. I swear to Go-AHHHHH!” Cam half screamed, half wheezed as Vic sat on her stomach and started tickling her sides.

“Are we strangers now, Cammy? Huh?” Vic yelled through her laughter.

“I’m never taking it back.” She sputtered, gasping for breath as Vic let go of her sides.

Looking up, she realized Vic’s face had appeared in front of hers again. Cam reached up and grabbed Vic’s neck, pulling him down on top of her. She sighed in contentment, closing her eyes again.

“It’s nice to have some best friend time again.”

He hummed in agreement, nestling his face into her neck.

He opened his mouth, “So, rough morning?” His fingers running over the gash she had got from the incident this morning. He always knew how she was feeling.

“Yeah, Cope was missing Kellin badly. And I hit the corner of the dresser trying to help Cope this morning.”

“Awww, that sounds like it hurts babe. And there’s no need to worry. He’s coming back tomorrow so he can help you out with Cope.”

“Yeah, but I wanna let him be able to sleep. I mean, I know he’ll want to spend most of his time with Copeland, but she will probably have her nightmares again, and I don’t want to have to make him deal with that if he is tired.”

Vic nodded after Cam finished her rant.

“It’s going to be okay, guapo. It’s been a bit rough this time for you since, you know, your parents. He’ll understand.”

Cam looked at Vic at the mention of her parents. It was moments like this, when he wasn’t afraid to talk about the elephant in the room, that she loved about Vic. One of the reasons why she always called Vic when something went wrong and Kellin was away on tour.

Cam thought about Kellin. He was an amazing guy and a great dad, and she didn’t want to let him down. When they met, they became fast friends. It was kind of essential if Cam stayed in the house. Now, Cam and Kellin were a package, where one was, the other followed. Except now, when Kellin was off on tour and Cam stayed home taking care of Copeland.

Man, was she adorable. Copeland had all of the boys who saw her wrapped around her finger. It was funny to see what seemed like hardcore rockers dress up in a fairy costume. Austin Carlile will never live that one down. She had gotten so much bigger over the years, all the while acting like her father. A complete nut job, but only in the best sense. Kellin made Cam laugh all the time, and that’s why they were such good friends. Cam still wondered how a girl like her got to be so lucky, not only taking care of the little munchkin, whom she loved more than anything, but becoming best friends with the boys of Sleeping with Sirens and Pierce the Veil.

Since meeting Kellin, Cam had grown close to Pierce the Veil, a band that Kellin hung out with a lot when Cam first got the job. They all had a special place in her heart, especially the Fuentes brothers, Mike and Vic. They were the older brothers she never had. Even though having met Vic a mere hour before Mike, she always had an extra special bond with Vic. When they were around each other, everyone in the room smiled at their antics and playful bantering. On multiple occasions, people, mostly older women, had come up to the pair and told them what a beautiful couple they were. When this happened, they both laughed and denied the relationship. They both knew that their friendship was completely platonic. Vic had a long-time crush on a friend of his, and Cam, well, Kellin kept everyone away.

Kellin. Kellin. Kellin.

Nothing could compare to her connection with Kellin. The bond between them was hard to describe. It was actually much like her relationship with Vic. Kellin and Cam hit off almost instantly, becoming the best friends that Cam wished she had had in high school. There was just something different with Kellin than Vic. They were both super protective and went out of the way to make her smile; however, Kellin was just Kellin. There were times when she missed him so much, she felt like crying all day. But she had to be strong for Cope, who was suffering as well. Kellin called every day and Skyped as much as he could, but it still wasn’t the same. Hopefully tomorrow, when he came home from his tour, things would get better.

Cam snapped out of her trance, and lay there with Vic, just thinking. It wasn’t long before she heard Vic’s breath get heavier and slow down.

“Hey, Vicky. You can’t sleep now. Vic, wake up.” Cam demanded, lightly slapping his face. His snores got louder.

“Viiiiic, c’mon. I have to get the house cleaned before Kellin gets home tomorrow. It’s already noon.”

No answer.

“Alright, you’re making me do this the hard way, eh?”

Vic shot his eyes open, groaning, “Ew ew gross. You did not just lick me.”

Cam pulled her lips away from his cheek. He reached a hand to wipe it away.

“All’s fair in love and war my dear Vicky.”

Cam laughed as Vic settled back down, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. “I really do have to clean up. I want to make sure everything is perfect before he gets here.”

Vic shook his head vigorously. Cam batted her eyelashes and pouted. His mouth quirked, then he sighed, holding up his hands in surrender. “Fine I’ll help you, you lovesick fool. You know I can’t resist the pout.”

She frowned and punched Vic in the arm. “You know it’s not like that. We are just friends, you should know that.”

“Damn girl, your punches hurt. Have you been working out?” he joked, squeezing her upper arm. Smiling knowingly when he noticed my frown, he gave up. “Alright, down girl. I’m just messing around, don’t hate me.”

“Awww Vicky. I could never hate you and your pretty Mexican face,” she broke, pinching his cheeks.

Cam sighed, and rolled off the couch so she could start cleaning. Unfortunately, Vic still had a grab on her arm and he came tumbling after her. Cam groaned as Vic lay on top of her. “Get off me you fatty.”

“Hey!” he yelled. “I am not fat. Look at these muscles. Tell me that’s not sexy.” He flexed his arms.

“They’re not se-“

“Woah woah woah, what is going on here?” Mike said, bursting into the living room to see Cam pinned to the floor by Vic.

Copeland came running out in a blue fairy dress, a diamond tiara, and long white gloves. She rushed to the pair and stood above them. “Uncle Vic, what are you doing?” Cope sounded very unimpressed.

“I’m wrestling little Cam here. She called me a fatty.”

Cope turned to Cam, “Uncle Vic is not fat. I always see him looking at his muscles in the mirror. He evens talks to them.”

Vic’s eyes opened wide, while Cam and Mike burst out laughing. Vic hopped off of Cam and ran after Cope, who ran away screaming. Cam’s sides hurt she was laughing so hard. Mike sat down next to her as they tried to calm their laughter. Suddenly, Cam’s back pocket started buzzing.

Nobody's gonna love you if you can't display a way to capture this-

“Kellin!” Cam chuckled into the phone.

“Hey cutie! Why are you laughing?” His voice made me brighten up instantly.

“Mikey and Vic are here. They came for smoothies!”

Kellin laughed. “Banana-strawberry?” It was Kellin’s favorite kind.

“Yep, Cope was missing you really bad this morning. I thought it would cheer her up.”

“Really? How bad was it?” He sounded worried.

“Nothing too major, but she woke up early this morning and couldn’t fall back asleep.”

“I feel like an awful parent. I’m never around for her. You’re basically like her mother though, so she’s in good hands.”

Cam’s mind jumped to was he was insinuating, but decided to ignore it. Clearing her throat, she replied. “Aww thanks Kel, and you are a fantastic parent. Don’t you ever forget about that. Cope couldn’t ask for a better Dad. She’s so excited to see you tomorrow; she can’t stop talking about it. Speaking of tomorrow, when is your plane landing?”

From the background, she heard Kellin ask what time their flight lands. Silence, and then another voice before Kellin replied. “The plane lands at 3 in the afternoon.”

“Ok dokie, the welcoming crew will be there!”

Kellin was silent, before he spoke, “I miss you and Cope so much right now.”

“I know sweetie, but you’ll see her tomorrow! Only one more day.”

“I miss you too, you know. Not just Cope.”

“I miss you too,” Cam whispered. “But enough of this sap. I have a lot to do before tomorrow, so I’ll talk to you later. Okay?”

“Okay Cammy. I miss you and I’ll see you tomorrow. Say hi and give Cope a kiss from me.”

“Hey what about me?” Mike interjected. He had obviously been eavesdropping.

“Give Mikey and Vic a kiss from me too baby.”

“Okay. See you tomorrow!”

“Bye, sweet dreams!”

Cam pressed the End Call button and turned back to Mike.

“Oh man, you guys are perfect for each other,” Mike smirked.

Rolling her eyes, Cam stood up from the couch.

Only one more day.
♠ ♠ ♠
the first real chapter, holla!

i hope you guys have had a great holiday season, for whatever you celebrate && i wish you all a happy new year!
YAY for 2013!

Aaaand about updating:
sorry guys, but i'll be in tennessee on vacation till 1/4, so i'll hopefully update when I get back.
sowwy :(

you guys are the best, thanks for subscribing!