Status: In Progress

We're All Misunderstood

Livvy

I'm not doing this for me, I'm doing this for my little sister who'll soon grow out to be such a great woman. Amy is only seven years of age, she can't grow up to be like the person that she looks up to be, which is me; or at least, what I used to be.
I was the most popular girl at school, I held a great social life, and I was an honorable student, until he popped into my life. Josh Hart broke me to a point that I am not the same person I used to be before June; when it all happened.
I still get the best grades possible, I still have my friends, but I bet that they've noticed that I am not the same person as well. Not since June.

I've just came back from school, and now I have this support group thing that I have to attend. I heard that listening to people's problems makes you feel less shitty about yourself, although I doubt that, but we've all seen fight club, didn't we? So I decided that I'd try.

I grabbed my mom's car keys; she was too hungover to care, even at 4PM in the afternoon, and took Amy with me. I dropped her off at her friend's house, where she was holding a tea party, she even got dressed, and made me do her make up. Funny how that used to be me 10 years ago, I used to go to little scheduled tea parties, and now I go to scheduled support group sessions. The irony.

When I got there, there were already two girls that I recognized from school, Lana Lewis and Andria Stewart. I'm not that surprised, actually. I've noticed their fake smiles, no matter how real they looked. Trust me, broken people know each other. They were cleaning the place when I showed up, with some lady that I believe was Lucinda the listener.

I stepped on a piece of glass, and it made a loud cracking noise that went loud through the awkward silence. 'Well, you must be Olivia, considering that you're the only girl left.' who I believed was Lucinda said.

'Exactly. Lucinda right?' I said as I pushed my hand to her, in order for her to shake it.
'That's right.' said Lucinda as she grabbed my hand, and shook it confidently.

Soon I've noticed that Andy and Lana were staring at me. So I just looked back at them, and smiled.

'Mind helping us, Olivia?' Lucinda asked.
'Of course, and just call me Livvy, please.'
'Sure, thing. You can help by pulling out the newspapers that are covering the front door.'

I nodded and went to remove the old newspapers from 3 years ago.