Status: In Progress

We're All Misunderstood

Quinn

If there's one thing that I didn't want, it's these support group sessions. I'm perfectly fine there's nothing wrong with me, actually for one point in my life, at last I feel like me. It have all started two years ago, I've just moved here to Baltimore from Wokingham, England. My dad is a very rich salesman, and he saw that it was best for me to go to the finest All-Boys boarding school in Maryland, and in one weekend when my dad was too busy to take me home like most of the boys' parents would do, he flew to Hawaii on a vacation with my step-mom, so me and my flatmate, Derek snuck into a gay bar with the fake IDs that he paid one of the guys good money to get; it was probably the best night of my life, I've discovered my sexuality at last, but of course, my dad wasn't overly fond of the idea, so he got me into a public school, and my step-mom convinced him to force me to take these support group sessions, that are obviously not for me.
My dad drove me there, and the place looked like shit. It felt like one of those places that someone would commit homicide in, which kinda freaked me a bit, but I can see that there was electricity, not that it'd matter anyway cause the lights were flickering like a bitch, and I can see that from the outside. I was sitting in the passenger seat, and oddly, my father cared enough to give me a ride. I looked at him, not wanting to leave the car, and his response was 'We're doing this for you, kid.' as he scrambled my hair. I sighed and got out of the car, I will not have this conversation with him again.
I didn't bother enough to fix my hair, I mean I'm going to meet some crazies in there, I doubt that any of them would bother to care. The place turned out to be cleaner than the image that was in my head, they must've cleaned it up a little before I showed up. As soon as I walked in, a short, dark haired lady came straight up to me, exclaiming 'You must be Quinn!' she sounded so cheerful, that I wanted to punch a panda bear in its stomach.
'Yes.' was my only response.
'It's nice to meet you! I'm Lucinda, the listener.' she said as she extended her arm, so I'd shake her hand.
'Yeah, cool.' I said as I shook her hand.
I saw three girls sitting on three chairs out of six, and a boy standing awkwardly against the wall that wasn't too far from the chairs, staring at them. I recognized them from school, but I've never spoken to them. Ever since my father transferred me to this public school, I became less sociable. I didn't want to blend in with people, I'm fine with the handful of friends that I have from the private school that I was in.